Amatuer Team Panda rides across Nevada

Or I pull Dez Star (Rack) out of retirement and race in the old dudes class. I could solo against those youngsters....:thinking:

That is the best money resource
Rack is missed and would be gladly welcomed back to the forum! Good to see you back too Dave!

With team panda or running against team panda ? :devil:
Good question....I know Flakysnow..:smirk: likes to run solo and I am an old dude, so if we partnered I have to run against those youngsters.....
I just run solo because finding team mates that are reliable here in nm is next to impossible, other than that i have no objection to teaming up with people I know aren't going to ruin my race by tossing the bike away unnessacarily (I know shit happens)

i have no objection to teaming up with people I know aren't going to ruin my race by tossing the bike away unnessacarily (I know shit happens)
:thumb:
I hear ya.....Short story - Baja 1000, Stator pin broke that ran my $1200 light setup. I rode 70 miles in the middle of the night with only a local $2 flash light I bought electrical tapped to my visor. Bike came to me with the lights blinking on and off and as soon as I took off and got a couple miles out to the pit they broke. Brought the bike to the next pit where I was going to hand off to my partner (who owned the bike) and Team Green went to work trying to fix it. My partner pulled the plug and didnt want to ride anymore. He could have had his girl friend follow him in the truck for about 30 more miles, sleep, and ride the rest to the race at sun up with plenty of time before houring out.

So yes, I don't toss races if there is a way. I even offered to stay on the bike and keep going. I would have rode all night in the dark to the next hand-off spot....

:thumb:
I hear ya.....Short story - Baja 1000, Stator pin broke that ran my $1200 light setup. I rode 70 miles in the middle of the night with only a local $2 flash light I bought electrical tapped to my visor. Bike came to me with the lights blinking on and off and as soon as I took off and got a couple miles out to the pit they broke. Brought the bike to the next pit where I was going to hand off to my partner (who owned the bike) and Team Green went to work trying to fix it. My partner pulled the plug and didnt want to ride anymore. He could have had his girl friend follow him in the truck for about 30 more miles, sleep, and ride the rest to the race at sun up with plenty of time before houring out.

So yes, I don't toss races if there is a way. I even offered to stay on the bike and keep going. I would have rode all night in the dark to the next hand-off spot....
that is another reason, though not the one I was thinking of
I was talking more people who say oh, I wanna go! and a week before the race oh I can't go sorry man
or people who get overly excited and ride over their head because they're doing vegas to reno, or baja, and toss the bike trying to be kendall norman

that is another reason, though not the one I was thinking of
I was talking more people who say oh, I wanna go! and a week before the race oh I can't go sorry man
or people who get overly excited and ride over their head because they're doing vegas to reno, or baja, and toss the bike trying to be kendall norman
Kendall Norman :lol: That dude is fast because he chased me...:smirk:

When I was asked to ride the Baja 500 we had a guy that was giving us his KX500 to race....My partner (retired supercross racer/than mechanic) prepped the bike and last minute the owner pulled the bike...We scrambled to throw my KX250 together that was hammered from racing about 20+ dez races already...

They were all crap and didn’t work at all. Too much distance not good enough equipment. I was going to throw them away but Sean took them.