Sometimes it's all about the Tire's

You used to race against Buddy Antenaz and Danny Stevens didn't you? :thinking:
nope, but I watched Jason Anderson line up in the pro class. We actually had a guy here in the same city as me that had every bit the talent and speed of Anderson back when they raced each other, however unfortunate life events would bring his career to an end. I don't want to leave the impression that I'm a pro, I'm far from it, I can only dream of having the talent of the guys we're talking about. But I've been in moto for a while, so I've got my own set of preferences :)

Last edited:
I did mention that I lived on a farm. I rode log trails and cow trails through the woods all my younger years. If you are refering that my bike is unable to ride the same trails as you. Well I don't know but I beleive it is capeable of doing the same trails as you. Even though I may not be able to at this time. But, I will get there. On my Bike.

Mr. $5.00 Honda your Cow trails don't have shit on the Royal Flush or many other riding area's in the Calif. Desert! and I know the type of trials you have be cause I did live in upstate NY:prof:

SRAD97750

Staff member
My absolute favorite tires:
Maxxis Desert IT for anything under 350ccs
Maxxis Maxxcross SI for the 500

The current tires on my bike:
Pirelli Scorpion PRO FIM front and rear on the 500, VERY IMPRESSED!
Maxxis Desert IT rear and Dunlop 756 front on the YZ250

All my pitbikes with smaller wheels, I run cheng shin chinese tires... Best life/cost
-BIG DAN:thumb:

My absolute favorite tires:
Maxxis Desert IT for anything under 350ccs
Maxxis Maxxcross SI for the 500

The current tires on my bike:
Pirelli Scorpion PRO FIM front and rear on the 500, VERY IMPRESSED!
Maxxis Desert IT rear and Dunlop 756 front on the YZ250

All my pitbikes with smaller wheels, I run cheng shin chinese tires... Best life/cost
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Dan,

I have heard very good things about the front Pirelli Scorpion.:hail:
Right now I am running the Maxxis Enduro IT on the rear and I like it.:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I have heard very good things about the front Pirelli Scorpion...
I was VERY skeptical putting DOT tires on a 260lb 500cc 2T. I figured the knobs would be all gone after one good rocky section. Not the case, they are wearing evenly with no chunking or missing knobs after 24hrs on the clock.
I will be using the PRO FIMs again when these wear out. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Wait a second. JS won the race on Friday. He was out in front for almost the entire race. I don't think that the tires held him back.

Tires are almost completely subjective. Many if not most of those who posted here would hate my rear tire of choice the MT43. For me it's the overall winner.

Mr. $5.00 Honda your Cow trails don't have shit on the Royal Flush or many other riding area's in the Calif. Desert! and I know the type of trials you have be cause I did live in upstate NY:prof:
I never said the cow trails were anything like the trails in the desert. I have said I have interest in learning what it takes to ride the trails. I want to learn what trails I am allowed to ride. How much do I need to change on my bike to ride the trails. What set-ups work the best on trails. It appears to me all you want to do is cause trouble for me.!!
To bad you no longer live in Upstate NY. Cuz I live in Central NY and you and I could have got together and rode. It would be fun. We both could teach one another something. You could teach me how to ride the Trails. I could teach you some Respect. My AVATAR is hondacr500af. Not Mr.$5.00 Honda!
You do not see me or anyone esle on here changing up anybodies AVATAR's call sign..
The verry first time you ever quoted my post you called me MR $5.00 Honda.
You don't like me and I am getting to not liking you to much either. As I told you before. If you do not like me or my threads and postings. Just PLEASE stay away. Its all I ask from you.

I used to ride Rack's niece a lot, but then her balloon knot blew out so now I ride Palmer.... Much tougher leather Cherio.

I run MX but have been known to creep in the trees during east coast meet ups.

What is it that you do for a living Dennis?
Do not know why this is so important to you but. I work for an Air Conditioning Company. It used to be Mcquay International. I have been here for 22 yrs. I weld, Braze, Machine set-up and operator. Brake presses Large and small punch presses. 12ft Shears. Know its called Daikin. It's a Japanese company now. Moving to Mexico... So what do you do?

Do not know why this is so important to you but. I work for an Air Conditioning Company. It used to be Mcquay International. I have been here for 22 yrs. I weld, Braze, Machine set-up and operator. Brake presses Large and small punch presses. 12ft Shears. Know its called Daikin. It's a Japanese company now. Moving to Mexico... So what do you do?

I know all about daikon and actually delt with one of your service reps for the startup. We installed 9 of their ceiling units in my last big project. We lugged 3 of your 4 ton condensing units up 5stories to the roof top. No elevator available... Their heat pumps are amazing!

Those came from the plant in Minniapolise. As of right now This is the largest HVAC company in the world. That's what they say. My job will be done around September of next year. I am also EPA 608 Certified. So do you have a job opening? :smirk:

Mike has a couple jobs, he plants tulips in the spring, he travels with an orchestra playing skin flute part of the year

:smirk: