Sometimes it's all about the Tire's

James

Staff member
Just like my KTM is "Race Ready" just like Ryan Dungey and Ken Roczen.

:rocker:
Damn right! No way that KTM would sell a bike to the public that wasn't identical to what their riders are racing on Saturday nights.

Damn right! No way that KTM would sell a bike to the public that wasn't identical to what their riders are racing on Saturday nights.

No manufacturer would sell a bike that isn't race ready or identical to the ones that they race every Saturday... My Rm is exactly the same bike that RC raced. Minus the titanium, worked motor, ceramic bearings, one off suspension valving, precision jetting updated by the hour, and of course the tires....

James

Staff member
No manufacturer would sell a bike that isn't race ready or identical to the ones that they race every Saturday... My Rm is exactly the same bike that RC raced. Minus the titanium, worked motor, ceramic bearings, one off suspension valving, precision jetting updated by the hour, and of course the tires....
Dude, no way! You got ripped OFF! I bet this bike runs like crap now, you know because it isn't exactly identical to the one that RC raced...

Not to mention all that false advertising...

James

Staff member
Ok I will change it up just a bit. Let me ask you all what tires do you recomend for trail riding and desert riding? I will try just about any tire eccept those Dumb-lop Tires. So how's that for a question?
Sounds like you already have your mind made up.

Ok I will change it up just a bit. Let me ask you all what tires do you recomend for trail riding and desert riding? I will try just about any tire eccept those Dumb-lop Tires. So how's that for a question?
Desert and trail riding is not for you. Enjoy your cr500af. :wave:

You were almost there except for the last 2 sentences!!!

What do you do for a living Dennis?

As for you guys... Someone give him an honest opinion on desert or trail tires plz.

I did mention that I lived on a farm. I rode log trails and cow trails through the woods all my younger years. If you are refering that my bike is unable to ride the same trails as you. Well I don't know but I beleive it is capeable of doing the same trails as you. Even though I may not be able to at this time. But, I will get there. On my Bike.

You were almost there except for the last 2 sentences!!!

What do you do for a living Dennis?

As for you guys... Someone give him an honest opinion on desert or trail tires plz.
I could have swore I had that time. Gosh darn it. Michael do you ride MX or desert trails? Or do you do both.?

I ran Dumblop for years and never had an issue with them. I switched to Michelin because I feel like they serve my current needs better. I wouldn't buy another set of Pirelli's if they were $20

Last edited:
Thank you I like this reply. Its an honest reply. No not because he went from Dumb-lolps to Michelin.
The year that I finished 2nd in the arenacross series and won the local mx championship all I ran was MX51's, they were the hot ticket for the nice consistent loam.
Towards the end of the year I got more heavily involved with racing desert and off road and 9/10 of the dudes in the pits were saying to run the Michelin S12XC, so thats what I've been using ever since. Although it is important to note that I currently have an MH3 on the rear (Front is still an S12) and its also a good tire, doesn't quite grip like the S12 but it much less prone to chunking knobs.