Sometimes it's all about the Tire's

James

Staff member
Well lets see, Dumb-lop advertises they are the best. But they do not race with what they sell to us do they.?
False advertising..
Pirelli slogen. WE RACE WHAT WE SELL.
If you believe the Pirelli tires that the factory guys run is the same as what you pick up at the local store just because of a clever slogan....:lol::facepalm:

Ok, It is my opinion that Dumb-lop tires suck. It is my opinion that Dumb-lop tires lie to the consumers. Its my opinion that Dumb-lop tires are unsafe.
When the proof is in front of all of us. TransWorld mx mag gets free tires from Dumb-lop to do their shoot-outs. Why does Dumb-lop do this. Advertising. Do you beleive those are of the same compounds you buy? Do you think the Dumb-lop van leaves those tires in the hands of the TransWorld team when testing is done?. Or any other magazine that uses Dumb-lop tiers? Hell no, They take them back when testing is done.
What ever happened to testing the bikes as is from the show room floor. With the tires that come stock with the bikes we buy.??
So you bought a Lambo wanting the best car. After you seen it advertised. Just to find out that it was really a kit car with a chevy engine. Is that false advertising?

FINALLY!!! Now we are getting somewhere!!! your delivery still needs work but its a start.. You re a bit brash and unsubtle in your statements as you pound out words on your phone or keyboard but you are starting to get the drift... just hang in there kid and you won't get shit canned for not being able to conjure up some verbs or properly use conjunctions.

So you think Dunlops suck??? I couldn't disagree more.... While they aren't a great tire for what I do they are still pretty good. Ran a set for a championship once... not bad. I run one on my TTR and it digs pretty good up front...Its starting to chunk up now and its got a good season on it... If I had to run where @josomoloco does then I would probably run a much hardier sneaker...

They are. and I know it for a fact...!!

Sources please!!!!

remember... what wins on Sunday sells on Monday so if they need to custom cut soft shell tires to stick they do it... every race without question... Pssst same goes for brake pads...:thumb:

Last edited:

James

Staff member
No, but common sence and your wallet would be a good start. :thumb:
That's exactly why they would take any advantage that they can. Like Mike said, what wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

Factory bikes (and components) only need to last for the race so performance takes priority over longevity. Do you want an utterly bitchin tire with the side effect of only lasting for a race? Sorry but I don't have the funds to buy new tires every weekend.

Is that false advertising? Sure. Does it bother me? Not one bit.

That's exactly why they would take any advantage that they can. Like Mike said, what wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

Factory bikes (and components) only need to last for the race so performance takes priority over longevity. Do you want an utterly bitchin tire with the side effect of only lasting for a race? Sorry but I don't have the funds to buy new tires every weekend.
Neither do I and that's why I hate Dumb-lops. Youn get one or two good rides out of them. Then they go to Shats.

Neither do I and that's why I hate Dumb-lops. Youn get one or two good rides out of them. Then they go to Shats.

Was your baby crib a plastic bag?:picard:
Tires are a serious wear item. If I get month of racing out of them I'm lucky. The cheaper the tire the harder the compound the worst they grip... Dunlops are usually on par with wear like the rest of the available tires. They do wear differently than others depending on bike , terrain etc etc.

What if ... For all these years you have been riding the wrong bikes with the wrong tires??????????? Try a 450f and some "dumblops" ?????????

1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge.jpeg