Sometimes it's all about the Tire's

You heard it here tonight. By none other than JS7 himself complaining about the DUMB-LOP Tires. Villopoto goes down, Front Tire washes out. What tires do you trust? Just remember the DUMB-LOP tires you see the Pro's race with You can never buy.
Tires are the number one upgrade you can do to just about any Bike. Nothing like a fresh set of tires that stick like glue. :thumb:

I hate to compair Nascar to MX. But, at least in Nascar all the cars have the same tires and must use the same compounds. Do you think Weston Peik has the same tires as Villopoto? I bet not. Is this Fair, I do not think so.

I don't care what brand you run... if it isn't the right, tire for the right terrain, for the right bike, for the right person then it isn't worth anything.

I can race all day on MX51's but when the sun drops and its time to run the SX under the lights Millvilles are the ticket

I beleive this video just about all of you can relate to. This is rate up your alley. Let me know what you think. I still think that these Tires might actually be the best tires out there. I still have to buy them for myself yet. So I hope to use you all as my ginny pigs. :smirk: Give me some feed back if you have tried theim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y_q9qRz2_0&feature=player_detailpage

Again Dennis you seem to be missing the point... You can push any tire you want but when it comes down to selection trial and error is the only way one chooses what's best for them and the terrain they ride. Almost 40yrs of motorcycles and mx have taught me some very good lessons on how to pick and choose tires, gear, suspension service, lubricants. One way is research. Go to your local tracks and see what the "A" guys are running. Chances are that they are running the Dunlop MX51, but I bet you'll have guys running the Bridgestone 404 as well... Why? because they like it better. Now lets do suspension.... I'm a phucktard when it comes to suspension yet I know what I want. I send my shit out and have it done. I don't do local guys, I don't do racetech, I don't do Penske. Those are all franchise based and living off a name. My stuff goes to Factory Connection. Why? because it works best for me, I trust what comes out of there and they will be as precise with my stuff as they would with Kevin Windham's bike. I wouldn't recommend them to someone like @Rack or @CDA nor would I force my opinion on them as they ride a completely different terrain than I. If they came to me and asked then I would sort through my 2cents and give them my opinion. Heres another hot topic...Oil! Who has the best oil??? NO ONE is the correct answer!!!!! The Best oil is the one that works best for you!!!
We all place different demands on our bikes and what works best for @James isn't necessarily going to work for @SRAD97750... Its coincidental that they do use the same oil though :smirk: but the fact remains that they do different things with there machines that require different maintenance and service routines as well as different tire selection and suspension settings...\
Now back to my point.... Forceful proposition of product is a :naughty: and is poor forum etiquette. Allow me to give you some examples of poor and good forum behavior... Don't take it personally please.
Poor: The CR500AF by Service Honda is the best all around motorcycle for anyone anywhere because that's what I have and that's the law and I know more than you because I said so...
Good: The KX500AF by Service Honda happens to be a fantastic bike. It fits MY every need for where I ride. If you get the chance throw a leg over one and I'm sure you'll go home smiling.....
I hope these little tidbits help you out...
I think your intentions are of the very best but they need work as well as the approach.
:cheers:

Again Dennis you seem to be missing the point... You can push any tire you want but when it comes down to selection trial and error is the only way one chooses what's best for them and the terrain they ride. Almost 40yrs of motorcycles and mx have taught me some very good lessons on how to pick and choose tires, gear, suspension service, lubricants. One way is research. Go to your local tracks and see what the "A" guys are running. Chances are that they are running the Dunlop MX51, but I bet you'll have guys running the Bridgestone 404 as well... Why? because they like it better. Now lets do suspension.... I'm a phucktard when it comes to suspension yet I know what I want. I send my shit out and have it done. I don't do local guys, I don't do racetech, I don't do Penske. Those are all franchise based and living off a name. My stuff goes to Factory Connection. Why? because it works best for me, I trust what comes out of there and they will be as precise with my stuff as they would with Kevin Windham's bike. I wouldn't recommend them to someone like @Rack or @CDA nor would I force my opinion on them as they ride a completely different terrain than I. If they came to me and asked then I would sort through my 2cents and give them my opinion. Heres another hot topic...Oil! Who has the best oil??? NO ONE is the correct answer!!!!! The Best oil is the one that works best for you!!!
We all place different demands on our bikes and what works best for @James isn't necessarily going to work for @SRAD97750... Its coincidental that they do use the same oil though :smirk: but the fact remains that they do different things with there machines that require different maintenance and service routines as well as different tire selection and suspension settings...\
Now back to my point.... Forceful proposition of product is a :naughty: and is poor forum etiquette. Allow me to give you some examples of poor and good forum behavior... Don't take it personally please.
Poor: The CR500AF by Service Honda is the best all around motorcycle for anyone anywhere because that's what I have and that's the law and I know more than you because I said so...
Good: The KX500AF by Service Honda happens to be a fantastic bike. It fits MY every need for where I ride. If you get the chance throw a leg over one and I'm sure you'll go home smiling.....
I think your intentions are of the very best but they need work as well as the approach.

Bravo :clap:

Well said M:33!

:salute:

James

Staff member
Well said Mike! :thumb:

:prof: @hondacr500af take notes!

Just incase you are wondering.. I have done lots of Trial and Errors. I bought Dumblop, Michelin, Maxxis, Pirelli, IRC, Kenda and finally Bridgestones. All on the same bike and same suspension. Only three brand tires held up long enough for me to get a feel for them Michelin Pirelli and Bridgestones.
We all talk about our expiences in different rides and different products we use and have tried. So I go in great detail about my oppinion on the products I have bought. Most of you here ride trails so your needs are different than us who ride MX. I Have an interest to start riding trails. So I want to find out the different types of set-ups you have.
Now, Did I Mention Anything About My Bike???
Did You See Me In The Video's? This is a product EVALUATION. So let me guess you buy Good Year Tires for your car. You see them on the Nascar race cars so you think they must be the best. I want them.
Wrong again The good year tires on the shelf are of different copmounds.. We all know this. But yet you still get sucked into buying them.!!

Just incase you are wondering.. I have done lots of Trial and Errors. I bought Dumblop, Michelin, Maxxis, Pirelli, IRC, Kenda and finally Bridgestones. All on the same bike and same suspension. Only three brand tires held up long enough for me to get a feel for them Michelin Pirelli and Bridgestones.
We all talk about our expiences in different rides and different products we use and have tried. So I go in great detail about my oppinion on the products I have bought. Most of you here ride trails so your needs are different than us who ride MX. I Have an interest to start riding trails. So I want to find out the different types of set-ups you have.
Now, Did I Mention Anything About My Bike???
Did You See Me In The Video's? This is a product EVALUATION. So let me guess you buy Good Year Tires for your car. You see them on the Nascar race cars so you think they must be the best. I want them.
Wrong again The good year tires on the shelf are of different copmounds.. We all know this. But yet you still get sucked into buying them.!!

Please re-read my post to you, several times if need be. Then think about each individual word and its meaning then correlate that with the sentence structure. Now take the sentence and string it with the others into a meaningful phrase within your own mind. Now you have insight... take that insight and propagate a meaningful thought in which to express an opinion or a question in which you can then engage in meaningful conversation rather than blatant statements which then render you as an obfuscated dolt. :thumb:

Ok, It is my opinion that Dumb-lop tires suck. It is my opinion that Dumb-lop tires lie to the consumers. Its my opinion that Dumb-lop tires are unsafe.
When the proof is in front of all of us. TransWorld mx mag gets free tires from Dumb-lop to do their shoot-outs. Why does Dumb-lop do this. Advertising. Do you beleive those are of the same compounds you buy? Do you think the Dumb-lop van leaves those tires in the hands of the TransWorld team when testing is done?. Or any other magazine that uses Dumb-lop tiers? Hell no, They take them back when testing is done.
What ever happened to testing the bikes as is from the show room floor. With the tires that come stock with the bikes we buy.??
So you bought a Lambo wanting the best car. After you seen it advertised. Just to find out that it was really a kit car with a chevy engine. Is that false advertising?