SNF RR

Well it was a tough decision, but with the sell of the smoker, I now am open for a possible new smoker at the end of the year..:devil:
:rolleyes: OK Mrs. Turtle Shifter
As mentioned above
Oh crap, I better change my password before my wife logs on. If she know I have been cheating with the likes of that, :picard:

So the ride came to an end....:pout: we loaded the bikes up in the truck and headed back to Rack's house. When we got there, we unloaded and I gave a CDA washing 101 lesson...:smirk:

Here I am showing Rack how to wash his bike....
View attachment 15010

Rack feels he has it and takes over the controls....
View attachment 15011

After he is done with his bike, I start on #5.
View attachment 15012

I did not do the whole CDA treatment while there, just needed to get the mud off before the drive home the next day. I will tear it all down this weekend and polish it all up....:thumb:

Gman was playing test pilot and riding the scooters up the street when we were done washing them...
Here he is on Jr's scooter...
View attachment 15013

Getting ready to take #5 for a run up the street...
View attachment 15007

You know he is smiling under that lid... :)
View attachment 15008

It was time to load #5 back in the truck.

View attachment 15009
Back it in next to my living quarters for the weekend, go get a shower, enjoy some excellent food prepared by Mrs. Rack, do some bench racing of the adventures, watch "Kickstart 4" with Gman that I brought as Rack could not hang and went to bed and then turn in myself and dream of the adventures.

The next morning, I went in the house said my goodbyes and thank yous for the great hospitality and headed on down the mountain towards LA.

What a great time had by all and I really enjoyed taking #5 through the trees. Standard mode worked well, but the soft setting was the best ticket. Made the power band a little softer and more manageable in the tight, rocky, rutted, rooted uphills. Stock gearing was OK, but dropping to a 13 on the counter will be the best choice if #5 goes back for more.. That would allow for me to hit 3rd and 4th more and give 2nd more use than 1st which would help with the couple boil overs.

Hope you enjoyed the report and look forward to another ride to share another soon.....

:ride:
CDA Out!!!
Holy shit, you use a PRESSURE WASHER to wash your bikes. F'n amateurs:picard::poke::smirk:

That looks like a fantastic place to ride. Great to have a place like that so close to home:thumb:

Nice RR!

Add some Engine Ice and a KTM fan on that bike. That should get rid of the boil overs! :thumb:
Fluid is being drained and Engine Ice going in this weekend. :naughty: No fan on this ride. I don't have a fan on my TTR an it does not boil, but then again, I gear it properly for the trees, so I can run a gear high and the bike does not work as hard. I was not planning on riding #5 up there, so gearing was not done before hand.
Correct as I have done it twice. Just the second time was 450 miles (or so it felt) worth of riding.:smirk:
I thought about you while riding in a couple of sections Geekster..:smirk:

Speaking of polishing....I left this photo out.

So on Friday night the sun was blinding Rack as it was reflecting off #5, so he broke out the "Pledge", yes that is right he pledged the Roadmaster. I was no where near my truck to get my phone or camera at the time, but snapped this pic before we headed out on the ride...
DSCN0602.JPG

Look how shinny that thing is....And it smelled so lemonee...

Next he need to do is grab some non scratch sos pads and shine up that FMF Fatty..:smirk: