SNF RR

So we keep going and we come to a water crossing..RLD "says get your camera out, because last time I came through here, I went swimming."....I could not see the crossing he was talking about from where I was, but I reached for the camera anyways....

First I will show you from Rack's point of view.....

Already went through and is on the other side. Here he is waiting for Gman to come through....
DSCF0794.JPG

RLD making his way across.......Is he going to go swimming?......
DSCF0795.JPG

Hey there I am taking pictures from the other side.....:smirk:
DSCF0796.JPG

John making his way across....
DSCF0797.JPG

Hey this crossing is not that bad, just keep the feet up on the pegs....I sure hope the fashion police are not out to bust me for mismatching my bike and helmet...:wiggle:
DSCF0798.JPG

Up the other side...
DSCF0799.JPG

:ride:

So we keep going and we come to a water crossing..RLD "says get your camera out, because last time I came through here, I went swimming."....I could not see the crossing he was talking about from where I was, but I reached for the camera anyways....

First I will show you from Rack's point of view.....

Already went through and is on the other side. Here he is waiting for Gman to come through....
View attachment 14978

RLD making his way across.......Is he going to go swimming?......
View attachment 14979

Hey there I am taking pictures from the other side.....:smirk:
View attachment 14980

John making his way across....
View attachment 14981

Hey this crossing is not that bad, just keep the feet up on the pegs....I sure hope the fashion police are not out to bust me for mismatching my bike and helmet...:wiggle:
View attachment 14982

Up the other side...
View attachment 14977

RE: Your "ensemble"... :smirk:... I think with the collection of colors on each piece of clothing/equipment I think you're golden.... :crazy:

Oh yeah, nice RR... this is great stuff..... :thumb:

So let's see this crossing my my lens....

Gman did not want to get his boots wet, so Dad rode his bike across for him....
DSCN0623.JPG

OK here goes RLD.....
DSCN0624.JPG
Approaching the creek...
DSCN0625.JPG

And off he goes, no swimming today...
DSCN0626.JPG

Hey it is Rack taking a picture of me, taking a picture of him.....
DSCN0627.JPG

JR working his way passed me to cross over...
DSCN0628.JPG

John is sitting and thinking to himself, "why did I come out on this adventure with these guys? I am a Road guy and like to ride sportbikes on controlled track days."
DSCN0629.JPG

JR dropping in....
DSCN0630.JPG

And across he goes...
DSCN0631.JPG

John is up....
DSCN0632.JPG

"I swear I did not just hit my pipe on that rock to my left."...:devil: What's Gman doing over there, looking for worms?
DSCN0633.JPG

And off goes....

DSCN0634.JPG

Hey how many guys can stand around and watch John get his bike up the embankment?....:facepalm:
DSCN0636.JPG

Stay tuned...

RE: Your "ensemble"... :smirk:... I think with the collection of colors on each piece of clothing/equipment I think you're golden.... :crazy:

Oh yeah, nice RR... this is great stuff..... :thumb:
Funny story...............
We are sitting on one of our breaks and I turn my head and a humming bird is staring me right in the eyes..:wow: seriously about 6" away from the opening of my helmet. He then gets a closer look at my jersey thinking I am a flower or something with all the bright spring colors and he then flies off.....:lol:

OK... :focus:

We put the cameras away and make our way back to the trucks for some lunch...I think we logged around 35 or 40 miles and the whole time I was having issues with my feet going to sleep when I was sitting down. Sitting down is a lot of what you do when riding in the trees as I am too tall to stand most the time. Well my legs were going to sleep because I decided to wear my neoprene knee braces which are a tad too small, so when you sit, it cuts the circulation off at the knees and made my feet loose feeling. I was having a hell of a time applying breaks which was making me ride like a total squid. Also as you noticed, I was wearing a different lid as well. Well this lid sat lower on my head, so it was interfering with my Leatt neck brace. I could not turn my head that far and when I would stand up to get the blood flowing to my feet, I could not lift my head up to see out front because it would hit the back....I was screwed....

So at lunch it was time to remove the braces.....
Rack and his camera...:doh:
DSCF0800.JPG

RLD - "Do you really need to do that right here, I am trying to eat."
DSCF0802.JPG

Gman - "Dude, your knees are messed up. Look how those braces where cutting into your leg"
DSCF0803.JPG

JR - "This is ridiculous, can we just gas up and go ride another loop?" "Oh and does this dirt on my face look cool? I was thinking of growing a mustache as the local girls down at the supermarket where I work dig mustaches."
DSCF0804.JPG

Stay tuned....

We put the cameras away and make our way back to the trucks for some lunch...I think we logged around 35 or 40 miles and the whole time I was having issues with my feet going to sleep when I was sitting down. Sitting down is a lot of what you do when riding in the trees as I am too tall to stand most the time. Well my legs were going to sleep because I decided to wear my neoprene knee braces which are a tad too small, so when you sit, it cuts the circulation off at the knees and made my feet loose feeling. I was having a hell of a time applying breaks which was making me ride like a total squid. Also as you noticed, I was wearing a different lid as well. Well this lid sat lower on my head, so it was interfering with my Leatt neck brace. I could not turn my head that far and when I would stand up to get the blood flowing to my feet, I could not lift my head up to see out front because it would hit the back....I was screwed....

So at lunch it was time to remove the braces.....
Rack and his camera...:doh:
View attachment 14998

RLD - "Do you really need to do that right here, I am trying to eat."
View attachment 14999

Gman - "Dude, your knees are messed up. Look how those braces where cutting into your leg"
View attachment 15000

JR - "This is ridiculous, can we just gas up and go ride another loop?" "Oh and does this dirt on my face look cool? I was thinking of growing a mustache as the local girls down at the supermarket where I work dig mustaches."
View attachment 14997

Stay tuned....
JR.... that's called a "Disgustache"... yes, chicks dig em! :thumb:

So after we eat and I get my pants back on, we decide to do another loop. John says he is done and is going home. He was worn out and if he rode another loop, he said we would be carrying him out. RLD started rambling about going home and working on his car in the garage, so they both load up and head home....
Rack, Rack Jr, Gman and myself gas up for another run around the trees. It was a short loop, but we had a blast. Gman, JR and Myself would take turns chasing each other as Rack ran sweep. Gman was doing his best throttle jockey impression and roosted me something good. One time it was just straight up mud flying through the air and plastering the front of #5 and me.

These are the only pics I got from the second ride...

Gman jumping a little mound onto the road...
DSCN0637.JPG

Rack doing his bests to get the Roadmaster off the ground....
DSCN0638.JPG

Here comes Rack a little hillclimb we did...
DSCN0639.JPG

I think he is trying to hit me here....:thinking:
DSCN0640.JPG

Stay tuned...

So the ride came to an end....:pout: we loaded the bikes up in the truck and headed back to Rack's house. When we got there, we unloaded and I gave a CDA washing 101 lesson...:smirk:

Here I am showing Rack how to wash his bike....
DSCN0645.JPG

Rack feels he has it and takes over the controls....
DSCN0650.JPG

After he is done with his bike, I start on #5.
DSCN0651.JPG

I did not do the whole CDA treatment while there, just needed to get the mud off before the drive home the next day. I will tear it all down this weekend and polish it all up....:thumb:

Gman was playing test pilot and riding the scooters up the street when we were done washing them...
Here he is on Jr's scooter...
DSCN0657.JPG

Getting ready to take #5 for a run up the street...
DSCN0665.JPG

You know he is smiling under that lid... :)
DSCN0666.JPG

It was time to load #5 back in the truck.

DSCN0667.JPG
Back it in next to my living quarters for the weekend, go get a shower, enjoy some excellent food prepared by Mrs. Rack, do some bench racing of the adventures, watch "Kickstart 4" with Gman that I brought as Rack could not hang and went to bed and then turn in myself and dream of the adventures.

The next morning, I went in the house said my goodbyes and thank yous for the great hospitality and headed on down the mountain towards LA.

What a great time had by all and I really enjoyed taking #5 through the trees. Standard mode worked well, but the soft setting was the best ticket. Made the power band a little softer and more manageable in the tight, rocky, rutted, rooted uphills. Stock gearing was OK, but dropping to a 13 on the counter will be the best choice if #5 goes back for more.. That would allow for me to hit 3rd and 4th more and give 2nd more use than 1st which would help with the couple boil overs.

Hope you enjoyed the report and look forward to another ride to share another soon.....

CDA Out!!!