SNF RR

So I wasn't motivated to start my RR yesterday and I know Turtle shifter's panties were getting all wound up, so here you go.

But first a pre-ride story - You all know I like to tell stories...:smirk:

About a couple weeks ago, I called Rack up and said I had a free weekend so I was thinking of driving up to play in the trees by his house. He said, no problem, come on up. I also made a decision to pull back the 250 smoker from Wilsons and keep it as an extra bike. I would be riding it at Rack's. So I called Wilsons last Saturday (a week ago last Sat) and told them since the bike is not selling (due to all these stockers selling for way cheaper than I had mine listed for), I am going to come pick it up on Friday and keep it.

Since I was coming up, I figured I would bring #5 and hook it up to the computer and make sure all was good after my break-in weekend in the Dez. Since Wilsons has not seen on of these back in the shop yet, they were stoked that I was bringing it back to allow them to hook it up to the software and check everything out.

So as I was prepping #5 and the Modded TTR, I told Wilson, that I was going to be riding the smoker on Sat at Rack's and could they make sure the bike is prep'd. I know I had it prep'd before I gave it to them, but wanted to make sure. I could not remember if I greased the valve stem bearings or not...Wilsons said they would pull it in the back on Thursday and make sure it was ready when I arrived on Friday.

Well on Thursday, I was sitting in the Chicago airport trying to exit that state from the massive weather they were having (that was a trip from hell), when around 4pm my cell starts ringing. I look at the caller ID and it is Wilsons. :thinking: Why would they be calling me? Oh maybe they were letting me know all was good or that battery I wanted was in...? :thinking:

So I answer and guess what?......................Some guy wants to buy my smoker...Really?????
I guess the guy has been looking at it for awhile now and when he went into the shop, it was gone, so he asked and they informed him that the owner was pulling it back and keeping it so it is in the back waiting for his arrival tomorrow. Well he wanted to know if I would still sell, so I told Wilsons I would, but I wanted full pop or actually add $200 more and I will sell. I told Wilsons to make it happen and I would check back in about 3 hrs or so when I land in Reno for my transfer flight (did I mention trip from hell?).

I get to Reno and have an hour to hang out before my flight to LA, so I called Wilsons to see what happened. The guy bit at the extra $200 and bought the bike...I was sad and happy at the same time.

Well I guess I will be riding #5 in the trees...I jumped on my plane and headed home. Walked in the door about 10:30pm and was sleeping by midnight. Woke up Friday morning about 6:30am and did a few things before heading out towards Rack's.

RR will start now.......

OK, So I load up #5 and my gear and head out....
DSCN0595.JPG

I get about 30 mins from my house an run into this little Campfire off to the side of the road...
DSCN0596.JPG

I was going to pull over and tell some Campfire stories, but they looked a little busy, so I drove on by...
DSCN0597.JPG

I got to Wilsons and hooked up the bike. All was well. checked to see if there was an updated software for the bike, but I was on the most current. We popped the seat of and changed the mapping switch to Standard/Soft so I could see the difference between the two in the trees. Loaded the bike back up, took at tour of the shop, bought a few items and headed to Rack's house which was about another 40 mins up the road.

I jump on the FWY and was driving along making good time and I come up on this guy who was driving in 2nd gear...:smirk:
DSCN0598.JPG

I give him a "honk honk" and he gives me a :finger: "Oh hey Rack, I should have know it was you." I will follow you to your place.

We get to the house and I needed to adjust my chain. All the prepping I did at home the Sat before and I forgot to adjust the chain.
So I break out the uni tool and take care of it.....
image.jpeg

Stay tuned.....

So the next morning, I load Gman's scooter in my truck and he rides with me. Red Lawn Dart, was too excited about riding and left the house before us so we met him up the road later. I followed Rack and Rack Jr, as John from Wilson's follows me.

DSCF0770.JPG

DSCN0599.JPG

DSCN0601.JPG

We get to the spot, unload, gear up and get ready to head out.
Rack heard me talking about checking my valve stem bearings, so he wanted to check all theirs before heading out....Even John fell for it.....err I mean checked his as well...:smirk:
DSCN0603.JPG

Stay tuned....

I get to Reno and have an hour to hang out before my flight to LA, so I called Wilsons to see what happened. The guy bit at the extra $200 and bought the bike...I was sad and happy at the same time.

quote]

Been ther done that with the SM610 :cry::banana:

One thing about riding in the trees is there is not a lot of places to stop and get pics. By the time you find a good place, grab your camera and turn to shoot, the grew has gone by. So the pictures are not as many. Also, since I had my computer with me at Rack's he downloaded his mem card to me, so I have all the pics from the ride from mine and Rack's camera.....

Here is John working the Gold Fish 200 smoker...
DSCF0771.JPG

Gman working his way through the trees...
DSCF0772.JPG

Here come RLD (Red Lawn Dart) or Yard Sale bouncing off some timber....
DSCF0773.JPG

Here I am making my way on by..
DSCF0774.JPG

RLD is asking where we are heading....RAck says that way, but there does not seem to be a trail there.....Oh there is, just look for it.....
DSCF0775.JPG

So off he goes and I follow....
DSCF0776.JPG

Gman in pursuit....
DSCF0779.JPG

John making his way with Rack Jr running sweep....
DSCF0780.JPG

Rack Jr, trying to kick dad over....
DSCF0781.JPG

Stay tuned....

So we get to this one section and Rack says, I need a couple volunteers....:smirk: So without asking, RLD and Myself raise our hands....."what do you need us to do?" Rack - "climb this section and then park your bikes and hike back down to help to others get up." Um OK, off we go....We climb the section and park our bikes...as I break out the camera, I see RLD checking out my front wheel....:thinking: What is he up too?....
DSCF0782.JPG

We start our hike back down and here come Rack Jr riding Gman's scooter....
DSCN0604.JPG

Gman decided he is going to race Jr up the hill....
DSCN0605.JPG

I walk down a little farther and I see John trying to get around this blow up doll that is in the way....I don't remember that thing being there when I went by.:smirk:
DSCN0606.JPG

Oh crap, the blow up doll was Rack...Here he is double checking the valve stem bearings....John is telling him "I already check those, now let go of my bike."
DSCN0607.JPG

Off he goes....
DSCN0608.JPG

DSCN0609.JPG

So RLD and I tell Rack to hit this root on your right and pop the bike off it and land in the rut to your far left...no problem we tell him, that is what we did....:devil:
So here comes Rack to give it a try.....
DSCN0610.JPG

Fail.............
DSCN0611.JPG

He picks up the bike and off he goes....
DSCN0612.JPG

DSCN0613.JPG

RLD given a little help....Hey we walked all the way down here, we might as well make it look like it was worth our while.....
DSCN0614.JPG

A little self portrait of the trail behind us......:wow: I am one ugly dude.....
DSCN0615.JPG

I climb back to the top and Rack wants a pic of him and Gman.....John wanted in as well...
DSCF0785.JPG

Stay Tuned....

So off we go for some more adventuring...

Here is RLD checking the tension in his clutch lever while he rides...
DSCF0786.JPG

I am doing the same thing, but adjusting the front brake....:smirk:
DSCF0787.JPG

Rack Jr must be good as he stands and cruises on by....
DSCF0788.JPG

Oh I know what is happening, its that low tree branch...John is smart and goes to the right of it....
DSCF0789.JPG

Not sure what happen here....I was sitting there watching the water boil out of #5 and I hear a loud crackle of bushes... I look up and Rack JR is falling down the hill...I did not get my camera out fast enough but Rack got the end of it after JR picked up his bike...
DSCF0790.JPG

Here is one of the sections we either came from or going to....
DSCF0791.JPG

Here is a trick section, forget the teeter totter, check out these narrow bridges....:devil:
RLD making his way across...
DSCF0792.JPG

Me following...If he can do it, so can I...:devil:
DSCF0793.JPG

Stay tuned....

So I park #5 at this little bush to walk back down this section to see what is going on......
DSCN0616.JPG

Wait a minute, this looks way too familiar......:thinking: Have I been here before?....
Hey look it is #22 from a couple years ago....
DSC01330.jpg

So I walk around the corner and see this.....
DSCN0617.JPG

Looks like John found a bush to rest in....
DSCN0618.JPG

Here he goes....
DSCN0619.JPG

Here comes Gman....
DSCN0620.JPG

Here comes Rack....
DSCN0621.JPG

There goes Rack...Crap, I should have gotten a ride back to my bike...
DSCN0622.JPG

Stay tuned....