Shun me for I have sinned TRX250

It's a quad so automatically you need a Sixer of Busch tall boys to get it running. Once started take 5 gals of unleaded regular and pour it liberally into the tank and all over the seat and plastics until the gas can is empty. Then take a Backwoods cigar dipped in gas and light that then toss that onto the seat of the trx. Everything will be fine after that. Since its Florida and there's beer involved it's a BBQ by default.

Sounds about right, I spose here the only difference would be we'd use a walrus dick soaked in whiskey to light off the fag........er I mean four wheeler.

And oh yeah......now delete this thread.

Last edited:
After messing with the float it barely idles! Yay! :lol: It wont take any throttle either..

You gonna clean that carb?
Empty the gas tank and pit fresh gas in it. Clean the carb. Add a bottle of seafoam to the tank, adjust the floats.
It's a basic Honda motor. It should run forever and ever. It's their race stuff that ain't worth diddle.

Last edited:
You gonna clean that carb?
Empty the gas tank and pit fresh gas in it. Clean the carb. Add a bottle of seafood to the tank, adjust the floats.
It's a basic Honda motor. It should run forever and ever. It's their race stuff that ain't worth diddle.

Yeah I've done all of this. Stupid quad being a quad, I blame it on being a quad. I'm going to pick up a new spark plug and get back to screwing with the carburetor.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Do you have alot of cam chain slap at idle?
Those are notorious for severely worn guides causing noisey, stretched chains that can't keep time.
The valves were exactly in spec?
-BIG DAN :thumb:

After messing with the float it barely idles! Yay! :lol: It wont take any throttle either..
Messing? Did you actually set it to spec, clean it and make sure you have an uninterrupted fuel flow? but yeah it is a quad and that makes me not want to work on it too.

Last edited:
It's better than it has been. Doesn't have the original issue. It actually revs out now. If you give it really really really quick throttle from idle it bogs. A little lean on the pilot?

the point ossa is making is that you don't have to just guess at where the float should be.

Yes I know I was being funny. The float is set right and I MESSED with the needle, it runs fantastic now. Other than the really quick throttle blip bog.

That fuel screw can take out some if the bog from rolling on two quick if you get it right when it I anything BUT hot, it will run ? once it really gets warm. is the stalling taken care of?

That fuel screw can take out some if the bog from rolling on two quick if you get it right when it I anything BUT hot, it will run ? once it really gets warm. is the stalling taken care of?

Yeah the stalling is taken care of! I ran it for longer than I ever have today with no problems. It did act a little finicky starting back up after accidentally stalling it while messing with the idle screw but it actually started back up so that's good.