Shun me for I have sinned TRX250

I'm posting about a QWAD on a dirt bike forum I know kill me.

So I'm going to this mud bog event that I go to annually and I need to pick up a quad. My good ol buddy ol pal has a 2002? TRX250. He brought it buy when he first bought it and I ran it up and down the road until it started stalling at low RPM's once it was warmed up. He hasn't messed with it since. What kind of issue does that sound like to you guys? As long as I'm not looking forward to a grenading cylinder head I'm going to buy it

I'm posting about a QWAD on a dirt bike forum I know kill me.

So I'm going to this mud bog event that I go to annually and I need to pick up a quad. My good ol buddy ol pal has a 2002? TRX250. He brought it buy when he first bought it and I ran it up and down the road until it started stalling at low RPM's once it was warmed up. He hasn't messed with it since. What kind of issue does that sound like to you guys? As long as I'm not looking forward to a grenading cylinder head I'm going to buy it

Probably start by adjusting the idle speed, could be that simple........now delete this thread

Well we have a deal that I can borrow it through my trip to the HOLE OF MUD BOGGIN and if it doesn't have anything major break (like you know the engine grenading) I don't have to buy it. Obviously if it needs head work (further than just adjusting the valves) I don't want to even get involved with it because I'm not going to buy parts for it and he doesn't want to put money into it either. With that being said he told me he'd give it to me for 450 which is what he bought it for.

Well we have a deal that I can borrow it through my trip to the HOLE OF MUD BOGGIN and if it doesn't have anything major break (like you know the engine grenading) I don't have to buy it. Obviously if it needs head work (further than just adjusting the valves) I don't want to even get involved with it because I'm not going to buy parts for it and he doesn't want to put money into it either. With that being said he told me he'd give it to me for 450 which is what he bought it for.

While you have it run the shit outa it if you don't blow it up then it's probably worth 450.......now delete this thread.

Yep. Get used to "punkin smiles".
Three things tend to affect low speed hot stalls. The fuel screw may need adjustment and that one probably hasn't had the float or valves set since it was "printed" those are my bets. Stator/coil combinations are next. Easy fixes the usual fix for a quad rider is to do as Steve suggested. The quad riders I watch have more complicated rituals to packing a can of Skoal than the procedure is for setting the two items mentioned. The Skoal packing is considered cool vs maintenance.

Last edited:
Hey guys I don't understand why you wouldn't want to go to a mud bog. The first time I went I expected a bunch of poop head MFers but they actually keep it pretty respectful out there. Also, it's a ton of fun to watch the young high school age boys take their daily drivers into the mud pit and watch them swamp it over the hood and have to get pulled back to the parking lot.

I'm going to add a pic of this quad just to make you guys laugh your asses off even more than you already are. Prepare yourselves :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:

12527916_10201393966008508_976926598_n.jpg

It's better than the quad I borrowed a few years back :smirk: :lol: :cry:
Meet "Lil Smokey"
574682_3978147469502_347181233_n.jpg

I used to watch mud bog events here localy in town, used to be at a joint called George's Tavern, sit there and eat cheeseburgers, drink beer and watch the bogs, 100' of redneck drag strip. Unfortunately to many ass holes complained about the noise and the whole thing shut down.

Now......you can delete this thread.

It's a good time. I only go to this one event every year. The park has a big mud pit for the real mud trucks, tons of 4 wheeler/side by side trails, and even has airboat racing.