RM250 rm250 starting issues

The latest thing I did with the cr250 we have is a rekluse clutch (Zstart pro). you can gear it higher and it still works better going slow on tight trails, and slick stuff. i got that one off ebay for under 200.

honestly i didnt measure i just blew threw the gas line until it looked flush lol. the pilot is rich i can tell it has a 52 in thier:banghead:. main is rich aswell dosnt sputter but shes a lil flat 185 in the main needle i put at second clip.

that isnt a bad way to get at least a guess on how far off it is or isnt. if you put a long hose on it where you can get it up to eye level and use something to measure with you can really tell where it is going to be when it shuts off.

Last edited:
i rode a 96 rm with the pj carb, when the bike ran good, it wouldn't idle, when it idle'd it wouldn't run good, so I said eff it and just said fuck idling i dont need that..

nothing wrong with them. i still have a bunch of them. probably the only one I really want to keep has literally nothing for markings and has a magnesium body.

i just got another 87 cr 500. bike has been trashed, but it was nearly free. turns over, has compression and spark. it would start. it has a round slide off of something on it. someone just lost patience years back.

i just got another 87 cr 500. bike has been trashed, but it was nearly free. turns over, has compression and spark. it would start. it has a round slide off of something on it. someone just lost patience years back.

Watch it with the cr5million chit,yo :prof:

that would be a sweet project i want to find an air cooled 500 as a project bike. cant seem to find one up here tho.