Ride at the REZ - Ride Report

Very cool on the tracks Carl. I thought your ride was going to go south to BB. Thanks for the screen shots 409.

On the Spot units. Delorme has a gps with spot now. I am tempted to go that route, also has text message. Cost is more of course so I have not jumped on it. As long as I have my boys that ride I don't ride alone much.

Very cool on the tracks Carl. I thought your ride was going to go south to BB. Thanks for the screen shots 409.

On the Spot units. Delorme has a gps with spot now. I am tempted to go that route, also has text message. Cost is more of course so I have not jumped on it. As long as I have my boys that ride I don't ride alone much.

We did that ride Saturday......far east end of BB...:thumb: :ride:

Thank you Jackson. I have to mess around and see if I can manage on my own. I actually thought I was looking for pictures or something. :lol: These guys are way too advanced with all the techy shit. I am to old and dumb so I just ride. :thumb:
Here you go 530
View attachment 2974

That spot is pretty cool, in statistics mode it shows how many miles you went and how fast you was going and it even shows the route direction you traveled. 37.4mph somebody wasn't in 2nd gear :thinking:

View attachment 2975

How much is the monthly on one of those spot's Cleonard if don't mind me asking?

Thank you Jackson. I have to mess around and see if I can manage on my own. I actually thought I was looking for pictures or something. :lol: These guys are way too advanced with all the techy shit. I am to old and dumb so I just ride. :thumb:

+2 but I am not old :prof:

Jackson, I believe you buy the spot and pay a yearly fee for it, not monthly. Right Carl?:thinking:

Yes yearly. They almost always have some kind of deal going.

List I think it's 150 for the basic device, but you can get one for 100 usually and less if you get a used one. The service is 100 a year. For another 50 you get the tracking feature that I used to make those tracks. That website where I put those tracks is part of the service. They also have an insurance for 13 a year that pays for the helicopter ride should you ever need to hit that 911 button.

Yes yearly. They almost always have some kind of deal going.

List I think it's 150 for the basic device, but you can get one for 100 usually and less if you get a used one. The service is 100 a year. For another 50 you get the tracking feature that I used to make those tracks. That website where I put those tracks is part of the service. They also have an insurance for 13 a year that pays for the helicopter ride should you ever need to hit that 911 button.

WOW!! that's pretty steep it would cost 265 to get started but I guess it's worth it out there in the middle of nowhere if you get hurt. Thanks guys I was just curious.

WOW!! that's pretty steep it would cost 265 to get started but I guess it's worth it out there in the middle of nowhere if you get hurt. Thanks guys I was just curious.

It's actually great for calming my wife's anxiety when I out of cell range. Just that feature makes it worth it for me.

To give you an example of the deals that they have, I got my SPOT as a Christmas present a couple of years back. They had a deal going for one year of free service when activating a new one.

It's actually great for calming my wife's anxiety when I out of cell range. Just that feature makes it worth it for me.

To give you an example of the deals that they have, I got my SPOT as a Christmas present a couple of years back. They had a deal going for one year of free service when activating a new one.

Yeah, I was seeing somewhere where you can or your spouse can log onto the spots site and see where you are at that moment. I guess that site you posted up. It is live feed right? not just uploaded later when you get home?

Yes 100% live through the satellite. You also can set canned email and SMS messages that get sent when you press the OK button. You can make different messages for help, and 911. I have mine set to send an email to my wife and a SMS to her phone.

There is a down side though. It works great in the desert. It's not so great under the trees. It can still work, but not with the same reliability. It helps to find an open area.

Yeah, I was seeing somewhere where you can or your spouse can log onto the spots site and see where you are at that moment. I guess that site you posted up. It is live feed right? not just uploaded later when you get home?

A friend or should I say "EX-friend" could have used that a couple years ago.....:devil:...:shocked:...:P...hence the word ex...:smirk:. Let's put it in riding terms...He was exploring a canyon that was off limits! :busted: (no not Timo)...This is the guy who's pissed at me because I am against the 29 Palms (USMC) expansion. In so many words said I am unpatriotic. :USA: NOW...where wre we...:focus:.....:smirk:....

In hopes of NOT getting lost right...? :ride:...:shocked:

So my understanding is that you can be followed and someone can see pretty much right where you are when you are out riding. :thinking: Kind of like a LoJack.