Ride at the REZ - Ride Report

It's Jenny you dumb shit, not Gary... :moon:
Here is the number you are looking for Rack.
867-5309

Rez, that is definitely got to go in the DBA quote thread.

I must be dumb here but I can not figure out how to view this thing. :thinking:

Here you go 530
rezride1.JPG

That spot is pretty cool, in statistics mode it shows how many miles you went and how fast you was going and it even shows the route direction you traveled. 37.4mph somebody wasn't in 2nd gear :thinking:

rezride2.JPG

How much is the monthly on one of those spot's Cleonard if don't mind me asking?

The SPOT may have a GPS in it, but it only sends a position every 10 minutes. On top of that the update doesn't always make it to the satellite. That makes for a trip of a bunch of rather straight segments and it doesn't catch all the actual turns in the trail. The upside is that it is real easy to make those tracks. Just a few clicks and you are done.

That 10 minute thing can make it look like you were where you were not. For example the track that goes through the base. There were no recorded points actually inside the base. It's one of those straight lines in between the actual recorded points.

Sun you can figure out the SPOT. It's real easy. There are only a few functions. It makes for great peace of mind, especially if you ride alone like I do from time to time.

There were no recorded points actually inside the base. It's one of those straight lines in between the actual recorded points.

That's probably a good thing. Because that wash we rode up after turning off that crappy road, was in the old bombing range.:naughty: I was kind of wondering also, since when you switched it to the satellite view, it was rarely close to the trail we were actually on.:devil:

The SPOT may have a GPS in it, but it only sends a position every 10 minutes. On top of that the update doesn't always make it to the satellite. That makes for a trip of a bunch of rather straight segments and it doesn't catch all the actual turns in the trail. The upside is that it is real easy to make those tracks. Just a few clicks and you are done.

That 10 minute thing can make it look like you were where you were not. For example the track that goes through the base. There were no recorded points actually inside the base. It's one of those straight lines in between the actual recorded points.

Sun you can figure out the SPOT. It's real easy. There are only a few functions. It makes for great peace of mind, especially if you ride alone like I do from time to time.

i didnt know you can record your track with a spot. What is it 100 a year? I ride alone occasionally and would be nice to have one.

i didnt know you can record your track with a spot. What is it 100 a year? I ride alone occasionally and would be nice to have one.

They want another 50 for the tracking on top of the 100 for the normal service. For another 13 you get 100k (I think) of extraction costs insurance. The units can be had for around 100. I've got the original, but now there is a second generation. They have a new one that works with cell phones allowing you to send text messages. That would be really cool, but I'm sure those messages don't come cheap.