Pro Reed Black flagged

who would you say RCs brand was? he was damn good on all his machines, I think his hay days were with Kawi but im not biased or anything :thumb::smirk::smirk:

It didnt matter, as it really matters more about the people who make up the support team than the bike any day. I was sitting in the back of a van listening to one of the first guys from America to win a World 500cc MX title, albeit several years before he DID win it. He had this cz then with a decoy on it. Anyway he was considering another sponsorship and mentioned a japanese name. He was asked if he could win on it. He said, "sure. I would just give it to Carl (Cranke) for a couple of weeks and I could win on it It would be the hot bike to have."
who would you say RCs brand was? he was damn good on all his machines, I think his hay days were with Kawi but im not biased or anything :thumb::smirk::smirk:

Not that it mattered, he was on Kawasakis for a long time, but his last Honda and his Last Suzuki had more in common than his First Kawasaki supercrosser and his last did. What matters more is getting someone who could set it up the way it would work best for him. That has been the difference since I can remember.

I should respect Kawasaki more than I do, since they put a lot into amateur racing. I guess their little "affair" with Suzuki kind of sealed the deal with me to view them as serious planners of any kind. The smartest thing they did was to farm out as much of their race developement as they did. To steal a line from a British road racer "I don't think they could develope a cold on their own." But then again, who can?

Im sure they will like Webb and Bowers, I thought that was funny when Bowers jokingly called him a punk in the post race interview haha there good guys that can shake it off.... with each other anyway. Im really digging the 250s right now, some clean exciting racing is going down with these guys. Just wish Hansen would get it together but he is still getting back in the swing of things. If you couldn't tell Im a Team Green supporter haha

Nelson gets the next one. :banana::banana::banana:

It didnt matter, as it really matters more about the people who make up the support team than the bike any day. I was sitting in the back of a van listening to one of the first guys from America to win a World 500cc MX title, albeit several years before he DID win it. He had this cz then with a decoy on it. Anyway he was considering another sponsorship and mentioned a japanese name. He was asked if he could win on it. He said, "sure. I would just give it to Carl (Cranke) for a couple of weeks and I could win on it It would be the hot bike to have."

Not that it mattered, he was on Kawasakis for a long time, but his last Honda and his Last Suzuki had more in common than his First Kawasaki supercrosser and his last did. What matters more is getting someone who could set it up the way it would work best for him. That has been the difference since I can remember.

I should respect Kawasaki more than I do, since they put a lot into amateur racing. I guess their little "affair" with Suzuki kind of sealed the deal with me to view them as serious planners of any kind. The smartest thing they did was to farm out as much of their race developement as they did. To steal a line from a British road racer "I don't think they could develope a cold on their own." But then again, who can?
I seem to remember RC's last ride for Honda being on the then new 450 with nothing more than an exhaust and finishing 15 seconds ahead of 2nd at Glen Helen.
RC never really did much on Suzuki's 450 as far as racing it, but he was pretty heavily involved in testing and developing the FI 450

RC dominated with every bike he rode, anyone who doesn't feel like he deserves the GOAT title needs to take a look at his records, which will probably not be broken for a very long time.

Last edited:
I agree that the result was probably more than what Chad Reed wanted. Swapping paint (back before plastic bikes) was pretty common and there was a code. Sometimes we hit heads off the track, usually it was left on the track or at least settled before you drove home and racing went on the next weekend. These guys see eachother a lot, so like i said before, I hope they can just nod and move on. Usually once it all gets vented out everyone involved is closer than before.
knowing Canard he probably invited Reed to the Oklahoma revival

I seem to remember RC's last ride for Honda being on the then new 450 with nothing more than an exhaust and finishing 15 seconds ahead of 2nd at Glen Helen.
RC never really did much on Suzuki's 450 as far as racing it, but he was pretty heavily involved in testing and developing the FI 450

RC dominated with every bike he rode, anyone who doesn't feel like he deserves the GOAT title needs to take a look at his records, which will probably not be broken for a very long time.

Didn't he race the 250 his first year with zook and dominated? Then won championships up until 08??? I dont remember. Does anyone else remember??

agree RC is fast on anything, even a clapped out PW50 haha. just flipping thro my new issue of TWMX and they say he had 27 MX wins and 34 SX wins aboard his Kawi. Behind RV, 52 MX and 32 SX and both are behind, guess who? JS7 or JS259 at the time haha. With 43 MX and 44 SX wins on his Kawi he stands on top of all Kawasaki riders, for wins anyways, as far as TITLES are concerned that's a different story....