Pro Reed Black flagged

Shit. Didn't see this discussion was already going on under the picks for SX. Sorry
Not one pro rider past or present, aside from Emig and Canard,thought the black flag was warranted
Ricky Carmichael

Roczen thought the black flag was bs

David Vuillemin though it was bullshit

Jason Thomas

Nick Wey

Matthes

Keefer

Weigandt

Les Smith

Reed is a poor sport,he had nothing for canard,except holding him back,trey was going for the pass in his line and reed jumped into his line at the same time trying for the block,he had to know that canard was going to go for the pass imo.

Last edited:
I use to listen to Black Flag..:rocker:
Black_Flag_logo.jpg

i think canard should have been more aware than that, launching into a corner where obviously reed was going to attempt to shut the door. If I got a tire in the back id be head hunting too haha. that could have turned out really bad for Reed, I think canard is a good guy but they say nice guys finish last.... I heard Grant had two crashes that night and just pulled off the track and called it a race. Personally I don't think an AMA pro rider would ever "call it a day" so I think he was black flagged as well. Which is total BS, too bad Reed did that right in front of an FIM official. Wonder what the penalty will be..... How can they black flag Reed and not Alessi when he center punched Tickle last season?? Guess you just gotta keep those elbows high and protect your neck

i think canard should have been more aware than that, launching into a corner where obviously reed was going to attempt to shut the door. If I got a tire in the back id be head hunting too haha. that could have turned out really bad for Reed, I think canard is a good guy but they say nice guys finish last.... I heard Grant had two crashes that night and just pulled off the track and called it a race. Personally I don't think an AMA pro rider would ever "call it a day" so I think he was black flagged as well. Which is total BS, too bad Reed did that right in front of an FIM official. Wonder what the penalty will be..... How can they black flag Reed and not Alessi when he center punched Tickle last season?? Guess you just gotta keep those elbows high and protect your neck
thats my thing, its about 100 levels lower, but if some spode put their back tire in my fresh jersey prints you can bet they'd be finding a tough block, at minimum

Last edited:
thats my thing, its about 100 levels lower, but if some spode put their back tire in my fresh jersey prints you can bet they'd be finding a tough block, at minimum
Like you mentioned it Ricky's comment, more of a nudge if anything They said canard was taking off a tear off when it happened so he was really only holding on with one hand. I think that's why it looked as bad as it did

Well I go back to the time when the rider making the pass was responsible for the crash. I still think that way. The problem is that when that was the rule, we didnt have tracks where you can literally go from midair during a jump into a corner without touching down before the corner, and it is done frequently now, so more is on the lead rider now to avoid being hit. I can sure see why Reed would be mad, but when you have rules that are flagrantly broken right in front of the people responsible for enforcing them, then you have to expect "enforcement". What both of them did caused a crash that they were both lucky to walk away from. One of them was entirely on purpose and fully avoidable. It is harsher than it has been, but probably no harsher than it always should have been is the way that I feel. It has to really sting to lose that many points in a series like this.