Random News

What news organization (TV or paper) doesn't play on words for their headlines? The idea is to grab your attention and make you read the story.

Heck here's one I saw on CNN "Beating changes MLB rivalry" and it links to this http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...6/27/giants-dodgers-fans/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

At least Fox doesn't selectively edit video to make it appear as if a certain presidential candidate is amazed by a fast food joint's ordering process. Or edit the Trayvon Martin 911 call so it sounds like Zimmerman is racial profiling Martin. Need I continue?

Fox News (their actual news during the day) is probably the most balanced of them all. However their opinion shows (The O'Riley Factor, Hannity, and On The Record) tend to lean slightly right while all the other TV news channels lean left.
I'm not at the watching vid stage yet but, I agree with Jazz here. Just the other day I was reading the local fish wrap and the editorial's headline was, "Things I really like". It was written by B.J. Titsingolf............

What news organization (TV or paper) doesn't play on words for their headlines? The idea is to grab your attention and make you read the story.

Heck here's one I saw on CNN "Beating changes MLB rivalry" and it links to this http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...6/27/giants-dodgers-fans/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

At least Fox doesn't selectively edit video to make it appear as if a certain presidential candidate is amazed by a fast food joint's ordering process. Or edit the Trayvon Martin 911 call so it sounds like Zimmerman is racial profiling Martin. Need I continue?

Fox News (their actual news during the day) is probably the most balanced of them all. However their opinion shows (The O'Riley Factor, Hannity, and On The Record) tend to lean slightly right while all the other TV news channels lean left.

James! I know you are pro-gun, a straight shooter, a guy that works hard for living, Republican, (or at least Libertarian) and conservative. So am I!

I used to watch Fox News. But then I took a step back and took a serious look at all news: CNN, MSNBC, FOX,...all of them! And I discovered that they are owned by peeps and corps with an agenda. And each slants the facts toward their political ends. It's clearly obvious, and I'm sure a smart dude like you see's that!.

So, you can choose to dial into the station that panders to your brand of politics, and give yourself a high-five when you hear what you want to hear, or, decide to try to find real truth and facts and make your opinion based on them. All of the "news" stations are just "New York Post" style sensationalism geared toward grabbing viewership. They are entertainment more than factual information. Answer this question: Why do all presenters on "news" stations interject their personal opinions along with body language and inflection of speech to make you feel the way they want you to interpret the facts? That's bullshit, and most people fall for it!

I seek my news on raw feeds on the internet. I see what I see and I hear what I hear without someone distilling it and flavoring it for me. You ought to do the same my friend!

These guys rocked news! They told it like is without politics. Too bad we can't have their candor anymore.

Huntley-Brinkley, Walter Cronkite, Howard K. Smith, Edward Murrow, Dan Rather, Bob Schieffer, Lowel Thomas...and many more.

I like FOX, whats the big deal, too main stream for you all, what, you all bend over for volcom now?

OHHHH.... gotcha :thumb: nevermind

But in seriousness, I like fox more than any other, mostly because I'm just fed up with this liberal media bullshit about how our lovely president is nice enough to give up lube well he butt :f:'s us all. :picard: In real relation though, I don't watch the news much, most of it is just depressing stuff I'd rather not know, although I pay close attention to the political aspect to hopefully be able to make a good decision for myself and future family is all else fails. Other than that, I don't care to know about how great obama is, or hear about these kids being abused by crackhead parents on a daily basis, while an overweight child (or now parent) is separated from their loving caring family for being "lazy" just because drug addiction is a 'disease'. It's sad man, it really runs you into the ground, that kind of stuff could make you cry :(

Ydogyz!

(First of all, shout out to Ray and Jackie for me, will ya? Good peeps! :banana: )

Keep me up to date on how the racing is going, huh?

Ydogyz!

(First of all, shout out to Ray and Jackie for me, will ya? Good peeps! :banana: )

Keep me up to date on how the racing is going, huh?
Just did and it is going spectacular :clap: :thumb: Wedding today, race tomorrow! 7 trophies on the mantle, hell I'm running outta room! :shocked:

Just did and it is going spectacular :clap: :thumb: Wedding today, race tomorrow! 7 trophies on the mantle, hell I'm running outta room! :shocked:

That's F'n awesome dude! Kudos to you! And also your parents who make it happen! They tote your ass around so you get get all the glamour! Once again, :banana: and :clap: !!!

James! I know you are pro-gun, a straight shooter, a guy that works hard for living, Republican, (or at least Libertarian) and conservative. So am I!

I used to watch Fox News. But then I took a step back and took a serious look at all news: CNN, MSNBC, FOX,...all of them! And I discovered that they are owned by peeps and corps with an agenda. And each slants the facts toward their political ends. It's clearly obvious, and I'm sure a smart dude like you see's that!.

So, you can choose to dial into the station that panders to your brand of politics, and give yourself a high-five when you hear what you want to hear, or, decide to try to find real truth and facts and make your opinion based on them. All of the "news" stations are just "New York Post" style sensationalism geared toward grabbing viewership. They are entertainment more than factual information. Answer this question: Why do all presenters on "news" stations interject their personal opinions along with body language and inflection of speech to make you feel the way they want you to interpret the facts? That's bullshit, and most people fall for it!

I seek my news on raw feeds on the internet. I see what I see and I hear what I hear without someone distilling it and flavoring it for me. You ought to do the same my friend!

These guys rocked news! They told it like is without politics. Too bad we can't have their candor anymore.

Huntley-Brinkley, Walter Cronkite, Howard K. Smith, Edward Murrow, Dan Rather, Bob Schieffer, Lowel Thomas...and many more.

Hmmmm.....James? I thought you would have something to say here! Talk to me!

My parents said hello and thanks and wanna know what you've been up to! Just pulled another 2nd in schoolboy today, hip hip! 12 points!

Awesome! Cheers to you!:banana: Where do you stand in the points?

Me? It is hard trying to keep trails open, and F! just trying to get to my shitter!

It is a full day doing that. It's not easy.

Most weekends, on Sunday after working my balls off on Saturday, I like fishing.

Awesome! Cheers to you!:banana: Where do you stand in the points?

Me? It is hard trying to keep trails open, and F! just trying to get to my shitter!

It is a full day doing that. It's not easy.

Most weekends, on Sunday after working my balls off on Saturday, I like fishing.
The life of buck is not as glamorous as him :prof: A lot of track buddies go fishing, this summers been a biggy for it!

You can always use the link in my sig for the current, but I have 23 points not yet updated, and if lucky, I'll move from 5 to 4 out of 90 in schoolboy, up there with the B guys! For C I have 12 points not updated, hopefully moving me up to 8 from 10 out of 206! Then i'm gone 6 and 6 in the sunoco series, that shits double points for reg MX, so up up I go!