All Presidents Weekend Ride

I'm glad it worked out for you Palmer, I have officially gave up. After getting mine together yesterday, and failing to catch a shim that had gotten jammed in crooked, I spent the morning tearing mine back apart, and reassembling it. I had it fired at about 1:00, took lunch, and went back out to put the air filter in the 250, gas it, and fire it. It all went good until I gassed it, and the float wouldn't shut the gas off. After popping first the bowl off, then the whole carb, I've come to the conclusion it needs a needle and seat. :foul: I'm sure glad I took a 3 day weekend. :cry:

DAM Timo, Sorry to hear all the turmoil on the bikes. Well, all the kids are here so we are heading out in about ten minutes. should be a good ride with 58 deg. max and calm 5 mph "W". I am going to bring my camera.

DAM Timo, Sorry to hear all the turmoil on the bikes. Well, all the kids are here so we are heading out in about ten minutes. should be a good ride with 58 deg. max and calm 5 mph "W". I am going to bring my camera.
enjoy Palmer. Now log off DBA and get the hell out of here...:smirk:

We arrived at the location at 10:00 yesterday morning as my riding group shrunk in size and there was some altering to do. :blah: Anyway, we drove up the Cajon Pass and it was a winter wonderland all the way up and past Hesperia. I thought perhaps this was a bad idea to go riding but WTF. We got up there and there was a bit of snow on the ground but the sun was out and it was beautiful. We took two rides and covered a lot of territory that I have not been on before, even found some petroglyphs out in the back country. By days end we had covered 98 miles of perfect riding, no dust, perfect ground conditions and not cold by mid day. :thumb: For those of you that did not make it, I hope there is another day with such perfect conditions again in the near future. I did not take pictures this time so there are none to post. :shocked:

Yep. It was a beuatiful riding day with mid day temps in the 50's, and little wind. It was a bit better than home with 8 degree temps and a foot of snow.:smirk: As a matter of fact, snow was on the ground down to near 2000'. Staged at Borax Bill's in Cal City. Headed out at 10:30. 5 miles in, had a flat.:foul::foul:Had a 4 inch piece of wire that punctured the tire thru the top of a knob.:foul::foul: Got it changed out and headed back out about an hour later. Rode a total of 40 miles. Got back a 3, loaded up, had lunch and headed home. Man was it good to be back on the saddle before my surgery this week.:thumb:

Yep. It was a beuatiful riding day with mid day temps in the 50's, and little wind. It was a bit better than home with 8 degree temps and a foot of snow.:smirk: As a matter of fact, snow was on the ground down to near 2000'. Staged at Borax Bill's in Cal City. Headed out at 10:30. 5 miles in, had a flat.:foul::foul:Had a 4 inch piece of wire that punctured the tire thru the top of a knob.:foul::foul: Got it changed out and headed back out about an hour later. Rode a total of 40 miles. Got back a 3, loaded up, had lunch and headed home. Man was it good to be back on the saddle before my surgery this week.:thumb:

Fricken wire and nails will always find a way to mess up a day. Glad you were able to enjoy the conditions once you had the bike up and running. Good luck on the surgery. :thumb:

We arrived at the location at 10:00 yesterday morning as my riding group shrunk in size and there was some altering to do. :blah: Anyway, we drove up the Cajon Pass and it was a winter wonderland all the way up and past Hesperia. I thought perhaps this was a bad idea to go riding but WTF. We got up there and there was a bit of snow on the ground but the sun was out and it was beautiful. We took two rides and covered a lot of territory that I have not been on before, even found some petroglyphs out in the back country. By days end we had covered 98 miles of perfect riding, no dust, perfect ground conditions and not cold by mid day. :thumb: For those of you that did not make it, I hope there is another day with such perfect conditions again in the near future. I did not take pictures this time so there are none to post. :shocked:

Thanks for the kind thoughts :lol:. I had no legitiment reason for flaking out on the ride, but when Tim couldn't make it, I just decided to stay home and do some needed work to the street bike:bonk:. I'm glad it was a good day for you.
The petroglyphs at Inscription Canyon are the most well known in that area. The BLM has even put up an info sign and railing to keep vehicles out. I've heard that there are other one's out there also, but I haven't stumbled onto them yet. Sounds like you made a cool find. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind thoughts :lol:. I had no legitiment reason for flaking out on the ride, but when Tim couldn't make it, I just decided to stay home and do some needed work to the street bike:bonk:. I'm glad it was a good day for you.
The petroglyphs at Inscription Canyon are the most well known in that area. The BLM has even put up an info sign and railing to keep vehicles out. I've heard that there are other one's out there also, but I haven't stumbled onto them yet. Sounds like you made a cool find. :thumb:
Yes you are a bum too.:P

I don't think I was meant to ride this weekend, it was, and still is a train wreck. Sounds like you found Inscription Canyon. I bet the lakse were full. Its fun riding shorline when it's like that. Since you didn't take any pictures, I'll post some.

Riding the shorline. :banana:
CopperCityLoop021.jpg

Inscription Canyon, complete with DBA sticker. :devil:

100_2565.jpg
Wow Jazz, what's with my Photobucket "File too large crap?" :noidea:

Glad you had a good ride, after using your tire tools. Did you do it on the trail, or ride back to the truck. Better yet, we'll go with on the trail, since you always pack your on tools :devil:

Attachments

• th_CopperCityLoop021.jpg
    th_CopperCityLoop021.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 40
  • th_100_2565.jpg
    th_100_2565.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 37
There was some standing water and some mud holes but not bad. We did ride along the side of the lake bed trying to avoid some of the larger water holes, I am not a big fan of mud. I did not see any stickers on the sign, just some bullet holes from some anus brain vandalizing what he could. :naughty:

There was some standing water and some mud holes but not bad. We did ride along the side of the lake bed trying to avoid some of the larger water holes, I am not a big fan of mud. I did not see any stickers on the sign, just some bullet holes from some anus brain vandalizing what he could. :naughty:

Yeah, I had put it on the metal railing, but heard that it's already gone. They had not too long ago redone the whole site, so they are probably pretty proud of it, and are cleanig up every chance they get.

Did you notice anyone behind him taking pictures.........:smirk:......if so, does this sound familiar??? :P...not to you 530, they know who they are! :lol:

I don't think I was meant to ride this weekend, it was, and still is a train wreck. Sounds like you found Inscription Canyon. I bet the lakse were full. Its fun riding shorline when it's like that. Since you didn't take any pictures, I'll post some.

Riding the shorline. :banana:
View attachment 1410

Inscription Canyon, complete with DBA sticker. :devil:

View attachment 1411
Wow Jazz, what's with my Photobucket "File too large crap?" :noidea:

Glad you had a good ride, after using your tire tools. Did you do it on the trail, or ride back to the truck. Better yet, we'll go with on the trail, since you always pack your on tools :devil:
Neither, only had a 21 inch tube (needed an 18). Even though the 21 would have worked, I decided since I was only 5 miles from the truck, to have somebody get the truck and take it back to camp. Being that we staged at Borax Bill's and being that there were a few nice gentlemen there to sell crap and fix tires, I let one of those nice gentlemen do it for me.:smirk::thumb::P:wave::banana: First flat in a very long time too.