All Presidents Weekend Ride

I haven't been on the bike since New Years. My Son and I, are going Sunday, long johns/thermal underware and all. :ride:
You are one determined rider. I will be going unless the rain is too thick or my buddy gets cold feet. I am going to keep a close look on the weather report. May have to put this ride off until next weekend.

You are one determined rider. I will be going unless the rain is too thick or my buddy gets cold feet. I am going to keep a close look on the weather report. May have to put this ride off until next weekend.

I don't know about that, it's just I've already switched my work schedule, and can't back out. I'm sure it'll be cold, maybe some wind, but not getting to the area until 9:00ish, I doubt there will be any rain. :ride:

:cry: Well now it is supposed to rain and even snow on Sunday as the day time temp is going to be in the 40's. :rant:I am all set on going with one of my buddies but now it is uncertain. :thinking:

I haven't been on the bike since New Years. My Son and I, are going Sunday, long johns/thermal underware and all. :ride:

I'm still planning on going. I can tough out the cold for a day for a chance to ride on fresh wet desert. However, if it is still raining on Sunday count me out. Cold and wet is too much for me too handle. I am a wussy about such things. :busted:

I'm still planning on going. I can tough out the cold for a day for a chance to ride on fresh wet desert. However, if it is still raining on Sunday count me out. Cold and wet is too much for me too handle. I am a wussy about such things. :busted:

Don't forget the following week :devil: :tumbleweed:

Okay, I am planning on being out there tomorrow morning as the weather man says no rain with sun, just a tad cold. Like Rolls, I love the desert when there is no dust and good moist dirt. :thumb: Also like Rolls, I am a puss if it is raining, windy and too cold, those three factors don't work for me. I am looking forward to hooking up with you guys.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=CAZ523&zflg=1

Sunday...Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs 47 to 53. West wind around 10 mph

It'll be cold, and maybe some rain drops, the "W" might even be there, but I can handle a day of it. At the end of that cold day, crank the heater in the truck on the way home, to a nice steaming shower, and a carton of B&Js Peach Cobbler. :devil: Oh yeah, I can handle those conditions. :ride:

Well, where's the Bad Roost button when you need it? Timoyz is pussin out. :thumbsdown: I do appologize, but being the last minute a$$hole that I am. I finally got my scooter all polished up, well as soon as I let it down on the ground, gassed it up, yes, wait for it, hit the BUTTON, it spun over but didn't even try to light. :cry: Yanked the tank, pulled the plug and confirmed spark. Reinstalled it, and realized there is no compression, I can spin that thing over by hand. :foul: Obviously, I made the mistake of trusting the mechanic to have done it right. :bonk:

So, this is where the Puss part comes in. Being 7:00PM, I don't want to be up untill 1:00AM, and if it works, and I get 3 hours sleep, and I do make it up Cajon Pass without it being closed from snow, and the weather is good, I would be too wore out to enjoy it. :noidea:

I called you Bruce, and left a message at 7:00. I sure hope you get it. I owe you another one.

:naughty: Well that is a bummer. I was depending on you for the trail boss. :prof: I hope someone from DBA shows up since we old men as some have called us are showing up with bikes ready to go. :thumb: Unless the weather is crap in the morning we are on the road at 7:00. Sorry to hear you won't be joining us tomorrow. :cry:

Well, where's the Bad Roost button when you need it? Timoyz is pussin out. :thumbsdown: I do appologize, but being the last minute a$$hole that I am. I finally got my scooter all polished up, well as soon as I let it down on the ground, gassed it up, yes, wait for it, hit the BUTTON, it spun over but didn't even try to light. :cry: Yanked the tank, pulled the plug and confirmed spark. Reinstalled it, and realized there is no compression, I can spin that thing over by hand. :foul: Obviously, I made the mistake of trusting the mechanic to have done it right. :bonk:

So, this is where the Puss part comes in. Being 7:00PM, I don't want to be up untill 1:00AM, and if it works, and I get 3 hours sleep, and I do make it up Cajon Pass without it being closed from snow, and the weather is good, I would be too wore out to enjoy it. :noidea:

I called you Bruce, and left a message at 7:00. I sure hope you get it. I owe you another one.
No worries. I will take you up on it when my knee is healed from the surgery. :thumb: We will still head out that way somewhere to get some of that wet dirt.:ride:

:naughty: Well that is a bummer. I was depending on you for the trail boss. :prof: I hope someone from DBA shows up since we old men as some have called us are showing up with bikes ready to go. :thumb: Unless the weather is crap in the morning we are on the road at 7:00. Sorry to hear you won't be joining us tomorrow. :cry:
Am going to bed now but meeting in Mojave at Mickey D's at 8:30 to figure out where we want to go.:ride:

Ride safe and enjoy. Did some mods on the TTR today, so I will be ready for next weekend...:tumbleweed:
Today will be an easy "f**k the doctor, I gotta ride or die day" for me. Gotta have some wet dirt. Looks like it snowed in Spangler overnight too. BTW, did you fix the supercharger on the TTR?:devil:

Pr1malrage and I got out to OW at MXDirtdiva's camp about 1pm friday and rode til about dark.About 5ish it started raining and rained all night.Saturday morning I was up bright and early to ride with a few rain drops left but had to leave by noon to get home and then to San Diego for the races.Boy did it rain! I have pics of a river in San Felepe wash and the only way to cross it was at the Blu inn bridge. pics to come later. If it stops raing next weekend is gonna be great. :thumb:

Today will be an easy "f**k the doctor, I gotta ride or die day" for me. Gotta have some wet dirt. Looks like it snowed in Spangler overnight too. BTW, did you fix the supercharger on the TTR?:devil:

Thats better then a suck the doctor day.:moon:

My week end was filled with getting a bike that had not ran for 5 years ready to go for little dude. We found another YZ250, this one is a 2002 so we are good year around. New plug, drained the tank and cleaned the carb, new gear oil, and bang, she lit up with two or three kicks.Now both of my boys are two stroke madness and say they can keep up with me on the trails. We shall see as we are heading to Stoddard in the morning on Monday. :banana: