One Sticker Too Many

Thursday, Day 4

There was no more rain for the trip, but the temps stayed on the colder side (lower 60's, sorry Rock :busted:), so instead of riding early, I attempted to clean up the 250. I thought if it was ready to ride (radiator clear) Sawyer would overcome the pain of his jambed thumb, and putt around.

More of day 4 to come...

It looks warm there! :lol:

Hence my quote. :smirk:

Day 4 Continued

More of the slot.
NewYearsOW2011138.jpg

A little farther in.
NewYearsOW2011139.jpg

NewYearsOW2011140.jpg

NewYearsOW2011141.jpg

NewYearsOW2011143.jpg

NewYearsOW2011144.jpg

NewYearsOW2011145.jpg

NewYearsOW2011146.jpg

This was the end of the line, and we had to climb out.
NewYearsOW2011147.jpg

NewYearsOW2011148.jpg

Where we came from.
NewYearsOW2011149.jpg

Here comes Rolls.
NewYearsOW2011152.jpg

NewYearsOW2011151.jpg

Once we got our asses kicked in the slot, we hit the Split Mountain store.:devil:
NewYearsOW2011154.jpg

NewYearsOW2011155.jpg

From there, it was across the street for a couple refreshments.:cheers:
NewYearsOW2011156.jpg

NewYearsOW2011157.jpg

There was a cool Lab hanging out in there.
NewYearsOW2011158.jpg

Shot of the inside. Alot of the dollar bills are gone now, after having to redo the ceiling. There's still more then a few thousand on the walls.
NewYearsOW2011159.jpg

Before we could get round 3 in, a crowd came in, so we packed it up, and rode back to camp. It was only about a 30 mile day, but 5 of those really kicked my ass.:thumb:

Next up, Friday, Day 5.

I am liking the looks of the "slot". Is it flat or is there elevation change :noidea:

I am liking the looks of the "slot". Is it flat or is there elevation change :noidea:

Probably not much more then 500 feet, bottom to top, but it can come in quick shots that can be a pain. There are tons of little canyons like that, and even on the busiest holidays out there, you'll rarely see another bike. Why you ask, because everyone is at Shell Reef, Blow Sand, or the Gas Domes.:smirk:

Probably not much more then 500 feet, bottom to top, but it can come in quick shots that can be a pain. There are tons of little canyons like that, and even on the busiest holidays out there, you'll rarely see another bike. Why you ask, because everyone is at Shell Reef, Blow Sand, or the Gas Domes.:smirk:

How long does it take you to get to OW from Ontario :noidea:

2.5 hours with the MH pulling the trailer. Actually it's about the same for me to go to Spangler.

According to Yahoo maps, OW is 418 miles from my house :crazy::crazy::crazy:. That is damn near a round trip to and fro Spangler for me.

That makes for a long day dragging the TH to and fro..........

Someday I will make it out there :prof:

According to Yahoo maps, OW is 418 miles from my house :crazy::crazy::crazy:. That is damn near a round trip to and fro Spangler for me.

That makes for a long day dragging the TH to and fro..........

Someday I will make it out there :prof:

Make it longer than "Some Day" or leave the TH at home and come make it an overnighter closer. OW has its good points but I like Spangler area way more. JMHO...

Make it longer than "Some Day" or leave the TH at home and come make it an overnighter closer. OW has its good points but I like Spangler area way more. JMHO...

It is a different type of desert that's for sure. Instead of all in 1 trip, maybe go to JV (yes, the Rez) for a couple days, then go to OW for 3 or 4, then hit Spangler on the way home. :noidea:

It is a different type of desert that's for sure. Instead of all in 1 trip, maybe go to JV (yes, the Rez) for a couple days, then go to OW for 3 or 4, then hit Spangler on the way home. :noidea:

The later in spring the better for me due to beigna newbie here. I am currently requesting 3 seperate days off, 2 in Feb (1 for the KOH and 1 for pres day) the other is in Mar...Vegas. I really want to host a Dirt Nap....I mean Dirt Addicts Ride. :thumb:...:banana:...:ride:

Never been to OW. Well to be more clear, I've been to the general area, but never with a dirt bike. At this time or year the weather is the best attribute of the place. Spangler has been the ice box for the last few weeks while it's been mostly comparatively warm down in the low desert.

Due to my location on the north edge of the LA area it's pretty far at a bit over 200 miles each way for me as well. I still have to check it out though.

THAT is a lot of work and time!!!!

Deffinately worth a trip or two a year if you are close. In fact, I will be there the 14th through the 16th or 17th. Yep, A tentable place in winter. :thumb:
When spangler is an Ice box.