All ocotillo wells

ok today was shot i couldn't get the sons bike running and it had a dead battery so i had to get a charger and i picked up a new battery. got the bike to start and idle for about 10 seconds and it died :(

so today was shot but im coming out tomorrow morning bright and early

on the plus side TWS's bike started up 2nd kick. and i haven't touched it since T-day

tried to enter your N 33*08.958 W 116*02.719 into google maps and it says its not a spot.

Im loaded up and heading out the door so i hope i find ya.

Call me if you have problems finding us. The numbers are good. Wingnut used em. Putem in your phone it will work.

was a lot of fun guys. Enjoy the rest of those fireworks and i cant wait to see those mud nap pics of tims son (sorry i forgot your name already)

I am such a dumb ass. I was having so much fun i didnt even think to eat and my body never told me i was hungry. Right when it was time to load up the bikes i got a migraine headache.... so bad i had to let the wife drive home and we prolly pulled over 5 or 6 times so i could hang my head out the window :puke:

SRAD97750

Staff member
TRAV, Only came out for a day ride? Sorry I missed you trav... Seems like we are constantly crossing paths... -BIG DAN:thumb:

Today is gonna be a super fun day! There's talk of breakfast at the Blu in.Their biscuits and gravy are good. Gonna ride all day and festivities tonight include 7 xmas trees thanks to Tim and family,some explosives thanks to Trav, and some extra large gas recipticales. Kinda had a kick back day yesterday as I was sore and had cramps from dehydration. Beer just don't replenish the body to good. First morning with out beer shits too.I feel great today. Yesterday we drove over to say hi to Mxdirtdiva,Sun,Beastrider and Shefixit and Dave on Countyline.Tim and Rolls rode some slots yesterday and brought back some cool pics of a bar width slot that was cool looking more of that to come. Happy New years everybody!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Sorry I missed you guys out there. I rode through your camp and found it empty. At least I tried to say hello! :picard:

For my first real experience out at OW, conditions were perfect. We rode 147 miles in two days and saw most of the major sights. Rode the major features and less traveled trails. Great sand and hardpack!

Had an awesome pancake breakfast at the Blu In. I recommend it! Prices were very mildly inflated and I didn't even cringe at the gas prices. Great place to stop before 9 AM. Gets really crowded after 10AM.

My arse was sore and we used all our fuel (12 gal) so we headed home thursday afternoon. Next time we will camp with y'all and make a week of it!

Here's a video that is not that great. I kept forgetting to record the good stuff. Too busy riding I guess!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkOTQ1lTP0Y

-BIG DAN:thumb:

Good seeing you WS, Leilani (I know I spelt that wrong) and Rhino Roof. Sorry again to hear about Lei's father. :( Hope you guys had a great New Year's. We spent NY's eve, about 6 miles up the Fish Creek wash area, then goated a mile uphill to check out the Wind Caves with the kids. Was pretty cool, great view of the mud hills and badlands up there. Would be a cool place to ride, if you're plated. We did a few putts to Pumpkin Patch, Reef, Gas Domes, Travertine area, Blu Inn, the Door, etc., but with the holiday weekend, a large group and kids, was hard to fit in much of anything else. No injuries at our camp, my 3rd trip out since my surgery ~ knee did well... it's all good. :thumb:

I saw a portion of the new Oco map while at Pumpkin Patch. They opened up 10,000 new acres to Oco, around the Truckhaven/S22 area. Haven't ridden much out that way, could be something to check out. The revised map will be out in 3 weeks.

Happy New Year to All!! :ride:

I saw a portion of the new Oco map while at Pumpkin Patch. They opened up 10,000 new acres to Oco, around the Truckhaven/S22 area. Haven't ridden much out that way, could be something to check out. The revised map will be out in 3 weeks.

Actually you fell for another distortion of facts.

The whole area was available before as unmanaged. It was litigated to HALF the size and the map shows what is left to us as a managed area. You think you just got more land. You really just lost half of what we used to ride. Typical land management SPIN !