No-Toil confusion

James

Staff member
use dish soap to clean it, no sense in buying cleaner, soap gets it off best anyway, and air filter cleaner is air filter cleaner, they just want to make you think the no toil stuff only works with no toil products
Regular dish soap does not get the No Toil oil out, Oxiclean will though.

BTW have you ever even used the No Toil system?

dish soap works perfect for me, gets it totally clean everytime

ya i had some reward points and i spent it on the no toil pack with the cleaner, oil and filter, of course it worked but i think dish soap is just easier and less expensive

I had a filter literally fall apart in my hands using NoToil. I will say I have used it for years and that is never happened but I was told that the NoToil eats up the glue on the filters. The filter was in pieces just from soaking for a few minutes and grabbing it to ring out. I was shocked!
I do like NoToil but would like to know if it really did cause that to happen. I think not. I think it was a shitty air filter. I dont know what kind it was, it was on the bike when I bought it and had no name on it but it didnt seem in bad shape at all before I washed it.

That NoToil rim grease (or whatever they call it,) for the filter, that stuff is like glue! I DONT like it! It has left a gunky mess around the edge of my filter unit.

James

Staff member
The filter was in pieces just from soaking for a few minutes
How hot was your water? If your water is too hot it can melt/soften the glue holding the filter together. I actually tried this with an old filter, hot water destroyed it. Barely lukewarm works the best.
grabbing it to ring out.
Actually ring (twist) it out? :prof: Never ring only squeeze.

How hot was your water? If your water is too hot it can melt/soften the glue holding the filter together. I actually tried this with an old filter, hot water destroyed it. Barely lukewarm works the best.

Actually ring (twist) it out? :prof: Never ring only squeeze.

Yes it was pretty darn warm, maybe even close to hot. I bet that was it! It has to be because I have never had the problem before. From now on luke warm. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have figured it myself but those blond hairs got in the way again.

Yea, I didnt mean "ring" it literally, it was the only word I could think of at the time.