No-Toil confusion

I have been wanting to start using no-toil sense it won't eat up the filters like gas will, also it's a plus that it's biodegradable! I have twin air air filters and I have used gas to clean them for a while. Should I get new air filters or can I clean my old twin air filters and save money?

I don't see why you couldn't clean your old filters, unless they have holes in them. You should be good :thumb: I have a Twin Air filter too and use the No-toil cleaning supplies. I'm not sure if James still can, but he used to have a discount code.

The reason I'm asking this is because on the site it says do not mix with other oils because it is not made to clean other oils off the filters

I don't see why you couldn't clean your old filters, unless they have holes in them. You should be good :thumb: I have a Twin Air filter too and use the No-toil cleaning supplies. I'm not sure if James still can, but he used to have a discount code.
Also, a while back when a bunch of locals at the track went to watch some supercross at a friends house, I asked about No-Toil. James said he loves it and gave me two discount cards :D

James

Staff member
What kind of oil have you been using? It's best to use new filters but it isn't necessary, I'd wash them very well with a degreasing dish soap first.

If you do get new filters I'd recommend Twin Air filters as they appear to be of better quality. The No Toil oil/cleaner is better in my opinion though.

if your twin air filter is in good shape, i dont see why you cant use it. just make sure that is it is very clean b4 you start to use the no toil oil cleaner. i am a firm beliver in the twin air filter (quality is great) with no toil oil, then i use oxy clean to clean it, i havnt bought the cleaner in 6 months.
http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=447239&st=0
here is somthing to read about it

thanks guys! I liked the link.. What color do you guys use because on that KTM site they were going back and forth from red to green.

James

Staff member
thanks guys! I liked the link.. What color do you guys use because on that KTM site they were going back and forth from red to green.
About the only real difference between them is drying time; 4 hours for red and 12 for green. However if I remember right the bottle does say that you can use the red after 15 min and the green after 2 hours of drying time. If you're like me and dry your filter overnight, this isn't an issue. Once fully dried they're both the same tackiness.

Red is alcohol based while the green is water.

I've noticed that one of the anti-green arguments is that it stains the filter, big flipping deal, it's a filter on the inside of your bike. :noidea:

I like both however I'll probably go to strictly green this year.

Have you guys had any problem with the no-toil oil dripping once the filter is on the bike? I came back from basic and I had no-toil all over my.swingarm and the bottom of my air box. Maybe it melted :noidea:

James

Staff member
Have you guys had any problem with the no-toil oil dripping once the filter is on the bike? I came back from basic and I had no-toil all over my.swingarm and the bottom of my air box. Maybe it melted :noidea:
Sounds like you had to much oil. :noidea:

You should be able to squeeze (NOT wring) the filter as hard as possible and not have any oil come out.

I bet that was easy to clean up! Lol

James

Staff member
I bet that was easy to clean up! Lol
Just mix a bucket of warm water and No Toil cleaner, should clean right up. :thumb: Or get some of the airbox cleaner. That stuff's super strong though, would advise to only use it outside.