No-Toil confusion

That's inasne! Since when did anyone ever die of shipping sunglasses, I mean, for real. Unless McGyver was the UPS man, no one :lol: I'm suspicious if they don't tack on some cash with the shipping too.

We were using store mail order only discount codes :lol: Otherwise I do use motosport
quite a few businesses make a §#!t load on jacking up the shipping..
somebody should go on FedEx and see if you can get a price for shipping 2 gallons of something. we order gallon cans of powder bleach (for hair) and shipping is like 5 bucks :confused:

somebody should go on FedEx and see if you can get a price for shipping 2 gallons of something. we order gallon cans of powder bleach (for hair) and shipping is like 5 bucks :confused:
I don't know how dense the powder is but usuall liquid can be heavy and I can understand a little if prices were to go up a LITTLE but, $80 for 2 gallons is dumb. When my dad asks me to go get a few gallons of milk next time I'll tell him "that will be $80" :D

I don't know how dense the powder is but usuall liquid can be heavy and I can understand a little if prices were to go up a LITTLE but, $80 for 2 gallons is dumb. When my dad asks me to go get a few gallons of milk next time I'll tell him "that will be $80" :D

Pretty sure the difference is dueto liquids can leak and make a huge mess damaging other packages in the vicinity. Throw in hazardous material and that drives up the cost. Might not be flammable however it IS a chemical therefore it needs a MSDS (material data safety sheet.....) disclosing HOW it is to be handled if there's a spill, what the dangers are, what happens if exposed.....etc.. :prof:
You're welcome! :hifive:

Pretty sure the difference is dueto liquids can leak and make a huge mess damaging other packages in the vicinity. Throw in hazardous material and that drives up the cost. Might not be flammable however it IS a chemical therefore it needs a MSDS (material data safety sheet.....) disclosing HOW it is to be handled if there's a spill, what the dangers are, what happens if exposed.....etc.. :prof:
You're welcome! :hifive:
thankyou haha
but I have another question..
he ordered cleaner and filter oil right?
the cleaner is a different product, but a similar material to the bleach I'm talking about.. and I've ordered 2 stroke oil from rm before and I don't recall paying out the ass for shipping (I may be wrong tho).. what's the 80 dollar difference?
<br>
this powder bleach I'm talking about is in the chemical category btw, its not something youd buy at walmart :P its actually illegal to obtain and use on someone without being licensed :eek: *# fun fact o' the day #* hahaha

Well, there definatly some myths being tossed around here.. So let me put in my two cents..

no-toil airfilter oil can be used with all filters that are foam [so no k&N filters will work]
to use on old filters you must clean them of non no-toil airfilter oil. Use keroseen to clean them or something close to a miniral spirit gas ect.. Once they have been cleaned with the gas ect.. you should probably clean them again with no-toil filter cleaner.which is just sodium percarbonate or OXYCLEAN.. after that you can then use no-toil filter oil.. and further cleaning will be with oxyclean or notoils rebranded oxyclean.

I prefer to use the red stuff as it has around a 15m-1hr dry time.. vs the green stuff that's anywhere from 2-9hrs to dry.

what I do is poke two holes into the foil seal one on top the other on bottom.. This allows it to be applied in a controlled manner vs just a big blob ect.. once a line is swirled over the inside and out side of the filter I then compress the oil to fully saturate the filter. Then compress again with paper towels to remove access oil.. Then the filter is put in the bike to allow it to air dry and will not start the bike for at least 15 minutes.. I generally do this the night before..

On a side note, I clean my no-toil oiled airfilters using oxyclean and in the washing machine. They are then put in the dryer on a low setting.. From cleaning to dry and able to be re-used in about an hour.

Drying time does not really matter to me because I have three filters, so every day I can have a clean filter in my bike. While one filter is drying from washing it, I can have another filter drying with oil, then of course have one in my bike

James

Staff member
Drying time does not really matter to me because I have three filters, so every day I can have a clean filter in my bike. While one filter is drying from washing it, I can have another filter drying with oil, then of course have one in my bike
:devil:

uploadfromtaptalk1333886372246.jpg

DSC00273.JPG here is a pic after my twin air filter after one ride on it. twin air filter+no toil oil= awsome combo. i cant see any evidence that dirt/dust got through

use dish soap to clean it, no sense in buying cleaner, soap gets it off best anyway, and air filter cleaner is air filter cleaner, they just want to make you think the no toil stuff only works with no toil products