No-Toil confusion

I have been wanting to start using no-toil sense it won't eat up the filters like gas will, also it's a plus that it's biodegradable! I have twin air air filters and I have used gas to clean them for a while. Should I get new air filters or can I clean my old twin air filters and save money?
Gasoline will ruin the foam elements, especially if you have done this for a while. I would recommend starting with new filters. :thumb:

I heard you can only use no-toil on a new filter thats never been cleaned with anything else... Idk though, I've never tried with an old filter

I heard you can only use no-toil on a new filter thats never been cleaned with anything else... Idk though, I've never tried with an old filter
False....I have used the No-Toil cleaning solution on a Twin that had other foam filter oil on it and it cleaned it without problems.

False....I have used the No-Toil cleaning solution on a Twin that had other foam filter oil on it and it cleaned it without problems.
Well there ya go :cool: <br>
Thats good to know for when funds are low... Hey I made a rhyme :D

James

Staff member
Was it Twin Air's oil/cleaner system? You can clean a Twin Air oiled filter with the No Toil cleaner and vice versa.

It's simple as this, no toil cleaner only works with no toil oil. If you thuroughly clean your twin air with gas or kereosene once, you can use the oil and cleaner and it will work out great. If you do get a new filte, I reccomend the NoToil superflo, it's great. It added some power on my bike and I never went back to a reg air filter. I like NoToil, I've used it from the beggining, and just have been using more of their stuff. As a matter of fact some of us wrote reviews on the other products they sell :thumb:

It's simple as this, no toil cleaner only works with no toil oil. If you thuroughly clean your twin air with gas or kereosene once, you can use the oil and cleaner and it will work out great. If you do get a new filte, I reccomend the NoToil superflo, it's great. It added some power on my bike and I never went back to a reg air filter. I like NoToil, I've used it from the beggining, and just have been using more of their stuff. As a matter of fact some of us wrote reviews on the other products they sell :thumb:
I just took an old filter I had hanging up and cleaned the shyt out of em with notoil.. It cleaned the filter but couldn't remove one bit of oil :confused:.... Crazy

I just took an old filter I had hanging up and cleaned the shyt out of em with notoil.. It cleaned the filter but couldn't remove one bit of oil :confused:.... Crazy
I believe it, their marketing consists of wrapping all their products together :lol: To use one thing to need the other!

what oil were you using????
Maxima.. Before no toil, I always just cleaned it in the sink with dish soap :P <br>
Really, I don't think one is BETTER than the other.. But no toil wouldn't clean my old Maxima oiled ready filter, but I guess other people have had better luck

Yeah it's not supposed to. It's made specificly to clean no toil oil. Btw how have you been using gas for all this time? I used it once ond the fumes gave me a headache, my hans stunk (even with gloves), I could have set my house in fire, it's expensive, increases our dependency on foreign oil, Not good for air filter,and I have to dispose of it some how. No toil is soooo much better.

Yeah it's not supposed to. It's made specificly to clean no toil oil. Btw how have you been using gas for all this time? I used it once ond the fumes gave me a headache, my hans stunk (even with gloves), I could have set my house in fire, it's expensive, increases our dependency on foreign oil, Not good for air filter,and I have to dispose of it some how. No toil is soooo much better.
I never said I used gas, I said dish soap :wink: