PA Next DBA East Ride best of both worlds

if i have the money i would go...but i think a day on bucks trails would be AWSOME! assuming there are no trail fees :lol:

No trail fees! Just probably 5000-6000 acres of trails! Trails range from woods to open reclaimed mining property. A lot of it is fast stuff. Some is gravel single lane road that leads to other things. I would say "variety" is the word of the day for my trails. It changes in an instant. :thumb:

Tons...tons. Everything is a play area in my book. There are LOT's of gas line and power line right of ways that are challenging as hell! It's like a giant roller coaster with side cuts into the woods and more trails. There are abandoned rail lines that go from my cabin to the Ohio river. (smooth..no ties) There are fun play spots with jumps. There are serious woods with ravines and ??? deep water crossings. I can spend all day at any one of them! I like touring around and spending a little time at each one. I like going to points of interest like the World War Two antiaircraft batteries they had set up in the region to protect the railways and mining operations that fueled the steel making in the day. I like going to abandoned ancient farm houses and exploring. I like touring around some of the most beautiful land you will ever see, devoid of humans. Excellent views! It's pretty lawless out here. You can do what you want, anytime! I know the locals, so I'm cool and they know my bike. They call me "Silverhead" , which is fitting and not derogatory. :thumb: You can plan on putting on 30 miles a day on the bike. Not much by Cali desert standards, but a lot in southern Ohio Appalachian woods! :ride:

The intersection of Muntz road and Jockey Hollow road, Harrison county, Ohio. I own everything you can see to the leftt! :banana: Just west of Cadiz, just north of Flushing.

Tons...tons. Everything is a play area in my book. There are LOT's of gas line and power line right of ways that are challenging as hell! It's like a giant roller coaster with side cuts into the woods and more trails. There are abandoned rail lines that go from my cabin to the Ohio river. (smooth..no ties) There are fun play spots with jumps. There are serious woods with ravines and ??? deep water crossings. I can spend all day at any one of them! I like touring around and spending a little time at each one. I like going to points of interest like the World War Two antiaircraft batteries they had set up in the region to protect the railways and mining operations that fueled the steel making in the day. I like going to abandoned ancient farm houses and exploring. I like touring around some of the most beautiful land you will ever see, devoid of humans. Excellent views! It's pretty lawless out here. You can do what you want, anytime! I know the locals, so I'm cool and they know my bike. They call me "Silverhead" , which is fitting and not derogatory. :thumb: You can plan on putting on 30 miles a day on the bike. Not much by Cali desert standards, but a lot in southern Ohio Appalachian woods! :ride:

buck....that sounds like my kind of riding, i want to see the WW2 anti aircraft batteries! i gotta come up some time!

It was mining country, right buck?

EVERYTHING was mined! There are few areas that has not been touched by the hand of man. Every hill, every anything that you can see, was raped. The stuff done in the 20's, 30's and 40's is my land. There are big trees there now. In the 50's and 60's, they used to drop fir trees by helicopter on the tops of ridges. Today, those trees are 80+ feet tall!

It's always a place in transition. It is to this day! I can ride 3 miles away from my cabin and look out at a dozen Cat D-11 dozers changing it once more!

But I can ride and behave with impunity on what they leave behind! And it is rife with game! My belly is filled every day from what I harvest from these lands!

In the spring, summer, and fall, they are the most excellent places to ride! :thumb: It's awesome! Nobody has seen shit like this! Too cool!

:prof:

:ride: