PA Next DBA East Ride best of both worlds

So i was talkin to dogyz and a light bulb went off in my head 5 hours after it should have, why not have a ride weekend at hillsville, it has sand tracks, jumps, gravel piles that are funner then hell to jump, the sand tracks are just plain awesome, theres 2 of them, theres an upper and a lower, the upper being longer then the lower, the upper features huge sand berms sand doubles(only if u want them to be doubles) whoops, somewhat of elevation change and long laptimes, there will be a video of the upper sand track near the bottom of my post. the lower sand track is more flat, and features berms and a berm on a hill kinda thing, more doubles and whoops. then just like 10 feet north of the lower sand track theres like a berm track kinda thing thats the funnest thing in the world and like pretty long laptimes and u can just flow through the turns, its so much fun, in the parking area where we prob wouldnt park, we would park by lower sand track as long as we can get the campers in there which we should, ok onto the gravel piles, theres like 4 or 5 big gravel piles that you can make big jumps out of and there realy realy fun, this is where u get ur freestyle on, there will be a vid of this aswell near the bottom of this post, mkay onto the trails, there is lots of trails mostly easy but if u wanna get techinal we can and u know we will, theres some great views and i know all the spots, and its not in ohio lol, its in PA, also if we go in the summer we can do some cliff jumps into the quarrys or swiiming at this spot called the bahamas, also theres this thing called the superbowl its a bowl shaped valley but there is a few easy ways out just incase mkay, and u can watch a bunch of people try to do some climbs out of the super bowl, also theres a land bridge in between this one quarry but it takes a little physik to get too, then theres this hill called the end of the world and it is nuts, the runup is about 10 feet then a 200 foot hill which u will see the picture of it, deep ruts everywhere on that hill, theres also this hill that looks like a tit so it is dubbed tit hill, its realy fun,the craziest hill at hillsville is called mad dog which will also be featured in a video below ok time for diagram and pictures, i think the right side will get a bit cut off, also theres a way around the water crossing just so u know
completediagram.png

heres the land bridge im talkin bout
landbridge.png

fun gravel jumps, possible big dubs
gravelpilesandjumps.png

end of the world climbs
endoftheworld.png

the always sketchy and fun valley hillclimb
crazyvalleyhillclimb.png

the famous bahamas
bahamas.png

the fun gorge near land bridge
thegorge.png

the great views of superbowl, mad dog is just south west of the bowl
superbowl.png

crazy climbs in the same quarry as the land bridge
othercrazyclimbs.png

the infamous mad dog
maddog.png

ok, in this pic is the lower sand track, those berms i was talkin bout are right above the picture a little to the right, and the hills above the lower sand track right there theres jump lines all up them
lowersandtracklittlehills.png

water crossing, u dont have to cross this, theres easy way around, this pics for shits and gigs
thewatercrossing.png

ok hers the upper sand track, cant see the shape too much but u get the picture, u have super long laptimes on this thing ill try to get better picture of it
uppersandtrack.png

these are the valley hillclimbs near the sand tracks realy easy to get to just like everything, i also know of a secret lookout point which i will only disclose of the people who would go on the ride, its very hidden and is near a giant ass cliff, u wont find it on bing maps or google earth, and is hard to get to
valleyclimbs.png

hers a vid of the upper sand track in snow, dont think he does a full lap on cam but whatever u know,where they parked is where we will be parking, check out the video below the snow one, durham has got it goin on at the upper sand track
ok lower sand track time
now its freestyle time at the gravel piles
now for mad dog
end of the world
superbowl
ok i think thats enough vids and pics to convince u guys where the next ride is at :thumb: tell me what u think

Looks like some fun could be had, but man that is even further than the last trip. 7 1/2hr drive at least for me. IDK well wait and see what other chime in and say.

So i was talkin to dogyz and a light bulb went off in my head 5 hours after it should have, why not have a ride weekend at hillsville, it has sand tracks, jumps, gravel piles that are funner then hell to jump, the sand tracks are just plain awesome, theres 2 of them, theres an upper and a lower, the upper being longer then the lower, the upper features huge sand berms sand doubles(only if u want them to be doubles) whoops, somewhat of elevation change and long laptimes, there will be a video of the upper sand track near the bottom of my post. the lower sand track is more flat, and features berms and a berm on a hill kinda thing, more doubles and whoops. then just like 10 feet north of the lower sand track theres like a berm track kinda thing thats the funnest thing in the world and like pretty long laptimes and u can just flow through the turns, its so much fun, in the parking area where we prob wouldnt park, we would park by lower sand track as long as we can get the campers in there which we should, ok onto the gravel piles, theres like 4 or 5 big gravel piles that you can make big jumps out of and there realy realy fun, this is where u get ur freestyle on, there will be a vid of this aswell near the bottom of this post, mkay onto the trails, there is lots of trails mostly easy but if u wanna get techinal we can and u know we will, theres some great views and i know all the spots, and its not in ohio lol, its in PA, also if we go in the summer we can do some cliff jumps into the quarrys or swiiming at this spot called the bahamas, also theres this thing called the superbowl its a bowl shaped valley but there is a few easy ways out just incase mkay, and u can watch a bunch of people try to do some climbs out of the super bowl, also theres a land bridge in between this one quarry but it takes a little physik to get too, then theres this hill called the end of the world and it is nuts, the runup is about 10 feet then a 200 foot hill which u will see the picture of it, deep ruts everywhere on that hill, theres also this hill that looks like a tit so it is dubbed tit hill, its realy fun,the craziest hill at hillsville is called mad dog which will also be featured in a video below ok time for diagram and pictures, i think the right side will get a bit cut off, also theres a way around the water crossing just so u know
completediagram.png

heres the land bridge im talkin bout
landbridge.png

fun gravel jumps, possible big dubs
gravelpilesandjumps.png

end of the world climbs
endoftheworld.png

the always sketchy and fun valley hillclimb
crazyvalleyhillclimb.png

the famous bahamas
bahamas.png

the fun gorge near land bridge
thegorge.png

the great views of superbowl, mad dog is just south west of the bowl
superbowl.png

crazy climbs in the same quarry as the land bridge
othercrazyclimbs.png

the infamous mad dog
maddog.png

ok, in this pic is the lower sand track, those berms i was talkin bout are right above the picture a little to the right, and the hills above the lower sand track right there theres jump lines all up them
lowersandtracklittlehills.png

water crossing, u dont have to cross this, theres easy way around, this pics for shits and gigs
thewatercrossing.png

ok hers the upper sand track, cant see the shape too much but u get the picture, u have super long laptimes on this thing ill try to get better picture of it
uppersandtrack.png

these are the valley hillclimbs near the sand tracks realy easy to get to just like everything, i also know of a secret lookout point which i will only disclose of the people who would go on the ride, its very hidden and is near a giant ass cliff, u wont find it on bing maps or google earth, and is hard to get to
valleyclimbs.png

hers a vid of the upper sand track in snow, dont think he does a full lap on cam but whatever u know,where they parked is where we will be parking, check out the video below the snow one, durham has got it goin on at the upper sand track
ok lower sand track time
now its freestyle time at the gravel piles
now for mad dog
end of the world
superbowl
ok i think thats enough vids and pics to convince u guys where the next ride is at :thumb: tell me what u think

WOW! :shocked:

Very cool! :thumb:

:noidea: I Like it, it's between Hillsville PA and Tomahawk WV so far for me. Tomahawk wants to charge 50$ per person per day though. I was thinking track/trails in WV but planet rider disagrees, very few of each.

Hmmmm Darynn Durham just lead the 250 highpoint race for 20 mins :prof:................
............:thinking: local hero or Buckrun in disguise without his shin extensions????

did he win? or at least podium? looks like mike wants to go to hillsville:smirk:

Nah he was fast for the 1st 20 mins and then was out of energy...I think he ended up 5th but he was really tired and you could see it the last 4 laps that he was whooped... Good ride though and hopefully he can get picked up by a better satelite team... Hillsville... Nah... not me.

Nah he was fast for the 1st 20 mins and then was out of energy...I think he ended up 5th but he was really tired and you could see it the last 4 laps that he was whooped... Good ride though and hopefully he can get picked up by a better satelite team... Hillsville... Nah... not me.

Common Mike, its an hour closer to you and an hour farther for everyone else!

this is how the upper sand track is right now, made a nice little map for yah, the red line is the track, also watch the video it shows that the red line is the track,the satelite image is from like 2006 or something
sandtrackupper2newlayout.png

Hmmmm Darynn Durham just lead the 250 highpoint race for 20 mins :prof:................
............:thinking: local hero or Buckrun in disguise without his shin extensions????

:lol:

The funny thing is that I grew up in Poland, Ohio, which is about 5 miles from the PA border and Hillsville. I would ride my bike from my garage to this area and back when I was a kid! Back then, (30 years ago) it was an active mining area and trails were poached and what you made them. I see it has changed a LOT! I'd go in a heartbeat. JMach does not overstate how fun this place is, even by my old memories of the place! Two :thumb: :thumb: 's up!