New Geezer Here

It's amazing what it takes to shave a second off a stocker

You're right there,once you get into the 8's every 10th is a battle.Have one local guy in Santa Ana I've seen at the Fontana track(or "Fontucky" as they call it:smirk:)and every year he picks up a couple 10ths,last year he was doing 8.30s and last month I watched him go 8.10s(not a little guy either,around 180 lbs.).He said the clutch and proper suspension set up were the 2 biggest factors($2,500 clutch and dialed in $1,000+ drag shock)and last year said he was still only a 1397 cc motor(along with ported head,cams,etc.)...but you never really know about those guys.:lol:That's him on the yellow Busa,runs really good.

Attachments

• Fontana-Jeremy%207-17-2016%20013_zpswjdggjs4.JPG
    Fontana-Jeremy%207-17-2016%20013_zpswjdggjs4.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi guys,

Have been street riding only since 1970(when I was 17,am 64 now),30 years on Harleys and the last 15 on Hayabusas(on my 3rd now).Got a wild hair for a dirt bike and found a nice 2007 Honda CRF 450R with 35 hours and aftermarket goodies a few months back,and since I'm 250 lbs. took it to Travis at TBT Racing in Corona for suspension,new tires,etc.So far have only taken it to the track in Elsinore twice and played around on it some in a vacant lot by my house(I'm in Horsethief Canyon Ranch,south of Corona/north of Elsinore),waiting for it to cool off some(and for Oct. 1 since it's a red sticker)before I venture out more.

Just wanted to say hey,
Jeff

I used to ride a canyon off of Bedford motorway each spring and fall.