New Geezer Here

Hi guys,

Have been street riding only since 1970(when I was 17,am 64 now),30 years on Harleys and the last 15 on Hayabusas(on my 3rd now).Got a wild hair for a dirt bike and found a nice 2007 Honda CRF 450R with 35 hours and aftermarket goodies a few months back,and since I'm 250 lbs. took it to Travis at TBT Racing in Corona for suspension,new tires,etc.So far have only taken it to the track in Elsinore twice and played around on it some in a vacant lot by my house(I'm in Horsethief Canyon Ranch,south of Corona/north of Elsinore),waiting for it to cool off some(and for Oct. 1 since it's a red sticker)before I venture out more.

Just wanted to say hey,
Jeff

Thanks bro.

I do have a ton of pics in Photobucket but they started being dicks about "third party hosting" (as they call it)and want $399 per year in order for me to post any.Not sure about how to go about pulling them all out of there and using one of the other various free hosting sites available.For now if anyone wants to they can go to Photobucket,enter my user name piratediverjefff(have to have use three f's),and password is fuckoff(seriously:thumb:),have lots of pics of my current Busa,CRF 450R,garage(man cave),etc.:thumb:

I'll go over there right now and see if I can drag one out but I don't think it'll let me(the assholes).

Jeff

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful off-road world of dirtbikes. biggest difference between them and busas is, going as fast as you can everywhere all the time is not only acceptable, it's downright encouraged. No bird in a cage feeling we get on our sportbikes. Fly on old bird

Welcome!
Let's Ride! -BIG DAN:thumb:

I see you're right up the road big bro(i'm in Horsethief Canyon Ranch,Indian Truck Trail Exit off of the 15)so we'll have to hook up and you can keep me from killin' myself on this thing(the 450),definitely way harder than they make it look on TV.:lol:I've been 185 mph+ at least 4-500 times on the Busas over the past 15 years(last one had a turbo)but my first ride on the 450 was borderline terrifying,like being on a big ass bicycle with a pretty strong little motor just waitin' to put me on my old ass.:lol:As soon as mama wakes up in a few hours I'll have her show me how to e-mail myself some pics(I'm about as challenged on this computer as I am on a dirt bike:lol:)like Redordead89 said and see if I can post them up.

Also,since you're a Mod bro,can you or one of the other Moderators fix my name?Like a dumb ass when I was registering I put my whole name instead of just Jeff as it should be.:smirk:

Jeff

Found one of my old videos(2 years pre the CRF 450R)on the Busa when I was testing out my new GoPro(Hero 4 Silver w/remote)and externally mounted mic(down by the right rear set so I can hear my Brocks Short Meg pipe,love that thing:banana:).Just cruising from my house to Central(Elsinore)and back,Big Dan will recognize the route.Bike rips pretty good even with my 250 lbs.,had it tuned at Attack Performance in Huntington Beach and made 198 rwhp and 117 torque.Since the video I've added an Evil 2"-6" over swingarm(set at 4" over)to keep the front end down in 1st and 2nd,and an air(CO2)shifter just for shits and giggles.Doesn't have diddly to do with dirt bikes but it's better than nothing 'til I can get some pics from those asshats over at Photobucket.:thumb:

...even at 64 I'm still a rowdy old sumbitch now and then.:rocker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GglGUTqsM