NEVER thought I would have...

So, Im out having a nice vacation and I get a text message. "You wouldn't believe what my bro and I just did", then that same photo attached and another that was tags that said, "Sold to: John and another Martin." I almost crapped the bed (as Buck would say) then another text that said when we going riding....

Hey boys, lets hit Miller, Arrowhead, Big Bear for gas and Lunch and then back down. "Or" Easy ride in my locals to Toms farm for lunch and back. "or" I'll meet you at Lincoln and Foothill off the 91 Frwy. And we will ride up and around to Toms...

Break in????
I am the opposite of James. 2-3 hours 1/2 throttle, 3-10 hours 3/4 throttle and then let her rip. Seating a new tight motor is beneficial. Ride it as much as you can during the warranty period. You seen what happens when assembly is not quality controlled.

They are expensive toys but it feels good to buy one. Let's go riding for sure! We bought the extended warranty until 2017 so hopefully it comes in handy if necessary. The standard 6 months was not going to cut it for me.

A few months back when I buying my bike there were no deals on the 500's. There were on the 350's and I did look at several of them. I'm a big boy and I need that low end torque of the big bore. Just finding an available 500 was kind of tough. Some dealers wanted a few hundred over sticker price. That was with me having cash. Kind of pissed me off. Now this was before the 2013's arrived and the situation may be different now that there are bikes available. I could not have waited any longer than I did though. The wife was agreeable to me getting the bike so I had to strike while the iron was hot so to say. If I had waited until the 2013 came out that window may have closed.

Congrats on the new bikes. Time to ride!

A few months back when I buying my bike there were no deals on the 500's. There were on the 350's and I did look at several of them. I'm a big boy and I need that low end torque of the big bore. Just finding an available 500 was kind of tough. Some dealers wanted a few hundred over sticker price. That was with me having cash. Kind of pissed me off. Now this was before the 2013's arrived and the situation may be different now that there are bikes available. I could not have waited any longer than I did though. The wife was agreeable to me getting the bike so I had to strike while the iron was hot so to say. If I had waited until the 2013 came out that window may have closed.

Congrats on the new bikes. Time to ride!

Oh ok. Makes sense. They had offered us the 2012 for really cheap also now that they had like 50 2013 KTM's in stock but with my/our negotiating, we got awesome deals on our 2013's. If your wife said it was okay, then do exactly what you did. Get it before she changes her mind. lol :thumb:

Hey boys, lets hit Miller, Arrowhead, Big Bear for gas and Lunch and then back down. "Or" Easy ride in my locals to Toms farm for lunch and back. "or" I'll meet you at Lincoln and Foothill off the 91 Frwy. And we will ride up and around to Toms...

An easy ride in your locals for lunch and back sounds good!:thumb:After hopefully you can show and answer some questions I have, as I'm VERY out of place on owning a four stroke for the first time! :doh: :smirk:

And Cleonard, I won't lie, your embarrassing me but I'll admit it, a big bore bike is to much for me to handle :doh: :smirk: The power on my 250 2 stroke was PLENTY enough, so we tried to get something around there.

But I have a read a TON of things about how nice a big bore is to have on a dual sport. Maybe on a ride one of you big bore guys will trade saddles with me for a quick test drive so I can see what the hype is :thinking: :ride:

Can I have "Shit the bed" for 500 please?
I know, but I was not going to say shit. Ok, now I said it...:P
An easy ride in your locals for lunch and back sounds good!:thumb:After hopefully you can show and answer some questions I have, as I'm VERY out of place on owning a four stroke for the first time! :doh: :smirk:
Maybe on a ride one of you big bore guys will trade saddles with me for a quick test drive so I can see what the hype is :thinking: :ride:

I'm your huckleberry! You can ride my older 450 or the Beta. Or you can ride the newer on because I finally got the call from 3brothers and my 09/450 is getting picked up this AM, need to break in another motor as I put it up for sale.

I passed on the KTM's because of the price. It's more like $12k for a KTM 500 here. Are bikes less in Canada or something Nat?

Perhaps the 350's a bit less because the demand isn't there, but I'm guessing that it's still over 10k. Financing a dirt bike? Really? Add more for the interest.

No financing toys for me. I was lucky and I could write a check for my Beta.

Summer riding is tough in Socal. Where are you? How about a LPNF ride. KM?
Cleo - I was just throwing that number out there. They are real expensive up here. No way, no how, will I buy a bike up here in Canada. I will sell them up here though. :thumb: One of my buddies picked up a new KTM 450 and by the time he got out of the stealership, I bet he dropped 14 large. His wife kicked him out.

I'm your huckleberry! You can ride my older 450 or the Beta. Or you can ride the newer on because I finally got the call from 3brothers and my 09/450 is getting picked up this AM, need to break in another motor as I put it up for sale.

Either of the bikes will do :thumb: . Finally picked up the 09' from the shop??? Our ride can focus on breaking in the new motors and that will be my excuse as to why I'm riding so slow :smirk:.

Big Dan, you wouldn't recognize my yz250 anymore if you saw it. All that work we put in it now I'm moving on. AND I didn't stop at the top end...I made that thing look 100% better, now I feel bad letting her go :(

:confused: I'm just not sure why you would want to do that. Both bikes can do different things, so why LET HER GO? :noidea:

DSC07858.jpg

WOW! All these So Cailers with plated bikes....Sounds like we need to get a DBA LA-BtoV group together for T-Day..:thinking:

:thumb: Congrats on the new scooters, I'm sure are going to have a good time on them.