NEVER thought I would have...

So after reading and watching several awesome reviews on the new 2013 KTM 350exc, my bro thought "hey lets just go LOOK". After looking at this beauty...

IMAG0364.jpg

We tried looking away..and after a long period of thinking to myself...We got the courage to drive away....

IMAG0367-1.jpg

with new bikes for each of us of course!! Dealer said to ride them half throttle for the first tank and then take it in for a 10hr maintenance, then the break in should be completed. That sound right?

John, apparently you discovered oil in your backyard. Those are sweet. Up here, when you get out of the dealership, you've dropped 10 large a bike. No way, no how I'm doing that. They are badarse bikes though. :thumb:

John, apparently you discovered oil in your backyard. Those are sweet. Up here, when you get out of the dealership, you've dropped 10 large a bike. No way, no how I'm doing that. They are badarse bikes though. :thumb:

Thanks! and LOL, no oil for me. I agree, OTD prices are bad IF you finance the whole bike. Leave a reasonable downpayment on top of the finance offers KTM has going on, the monthly payments aren't bad at all.

And Jackson, they are plated! One requirement that I had IF i ever bought a new bike was for it to have a plate. Here in CA, it's a must.

I guess there's no need for me to start a separate thread for the same topic but yeah we finally made the plunge and bought some new plated bikes. (I'm johnrunners brother). We took them for a couple of small rides and they feel great. They said don't go over 3/4 throttle for the first tank or so but after a couple of quick half turns of the throttle in 2nd and 3rd, they run super smooth and are fast! That was only riding them around our block but we can't wait to go break them in. The orange got me hooked and after looking at them in person (and a bunch of pressure from my brother) we decided to buy them!

I passed on the KTM's because of the price. It's more like $12k for a KTM 500 here. Are bikes less in Canada or something Nat?

Perhaps the 350's a bit less because the demand isn't there, but I'm guessing that it's still over 10k. Financing a dirt bike? Really? Add more for the interest.

No financing toys for me. I was lucky and I could write a check for my Beta.

Summer riding is tough in Socal. Where are you? How about a LPNF ride. KM?

I'm in Socal, all of the places you listed sound good! :thumb::ride: The payment is like a cell phone payment with a data package. KTM offers as low 5.9% up to 7.9%, for a motorcycle loan thats not bad. I was thinking about paying the bike upfront but paying a few dollars a month on interest doesn't bother me as I want to build up my credit and having the extra cash in the bank just in case is nice too. Plus the prices on KTM's aren't CLOSE to 12k OTD IF you know how to negotiate like my bro and I :thumb:

James

Staff member
I hate you guys...end of story...:prof: bobkyle close this thread...:rant:

:lol: Just kidding, but seriously I'm jealous. :ride:

BTW regarding the break-in procedure, there are a couple ways to do it, I personally believe in the ride-it-like-you-stole-it break-in procedure.

So, Im out having a nice vacation and I get a text message. "You wouldn't believe what my bro and I just did", then that same photo attached and another that was tags that said, "Sold to: John and another Martin." I almost crapped the bed (as Buck would say) then another text that said when we going riding....

Hey boys, lets hit Miller, Arrowhead, Big Bear for gas and Lunch and then back down. "Or" Easy ride in my locals to Toms farm for lunch and back. "or" I'll meet you at Lincoln and Foothill off the 91 Frwy. And we will ride up and around to Toms...

Break in????
I am the opposite of James. 2-3 hours 1/2 throttle, 3-10 hours 3/4 throttle and then let her rip. Seating a new tight motor is beneficial. Ride it as much as you can during the warranty period. You seen what happens when assembly is not quality controlled.

I passed on the KTM's because of the price. It's more like $12k for a KTM 500 here. Are bikes less in Canada or something Nat?

Perhaps the 350's a bit less because the demand isn't there, but I'm guessing that it's still over 10k. Financing a dirt bike? Really? Add more for the interest.

No financing toys for me. I was lucky and I could write a check for my Beta.

Summer riding is tough in Socal. Where are you? How about a LPNF ride. KM?

The prices for the 500 would have been the same. MSRP is only different by 1 or 2 hundred. Funny thing is we could have gotten it for lower I think. I was really set on the 350 because a lot of the reviews I looked at, everyone preferred the 350 over the 500. The power was not that much of a difference that people expected after riding both and everyone preferred how much easier the 350 was to ride. And after riding my 350 I see why. It's lighter and still has the power of a 450. And yeah, financing 11-12k for a new bike is ridiculous. But luckily we put big down payment so our payment is like a cell phone bill. We both thought of paying them cash. But our big down and a small payment we'll pay off in a year or so worked out perfect. No complaints here. :ride:

I'm in Socal, all of the places you listed sound good! :thumb::ride: The payment is like a cell phone payment with a data package. KTM offers as low 5.9% up to 7.9%, for a motorcycle loan thats not bad. I was thinking about paying the bike upfront but paying a few dollars a month on interest doesn't bother me as I want to build up my credit and having the extra cash in the bank just in case is nice too. Plus the prices on KTM's aren't CLOSE to 12k OTD IF you know how to negotiate like my bro and I :thumb:

KTM's are usually 12k OTD if you pay retail but if you know how to work a deal like we did (cough. cough. mostly myself who did all the negotiating :P), then you can get a GREAT deal. You gotta give me props for all the hours I put in for that deal.