450F Meet Elise

OEM rod is 185.00 Labor 60.00
OEM Piston and rings is 90.00
Re-plate at Langcourt is 250.00 round trip
OEM gasket set 65.00
OEM crank bearings 39.00 each
carb kit with jets 40.00
for about 13-14 you could have a new motor in that bike. (if he takes 6) I do like the steel frame better than the aluminum.

I havent been on an aluminum frame 250 two stroke enough to make up my mind. As far as the fourstrokes go, and my kind of riding the steel frame has been a better ride for me if the suspension was done or swapped away from the bottoming cones, which just dont work for me. The newer 125 is much better than what I have, but that is an engine and forks thing.

now thats funny. some of the takes on the english language can be humorous
Like the "No Hauling Woods" sign I passed today

There is usually a pretty practical reason why the natives do something up here. Their speech patterns are all necessarily slurred if they grew up out in one of the villages: 1. It is usually pretty cold in the winter and you learn to talk and breathe with your mouth partially closed. 2. In the summer there are more mosquitoes and and as they are called "no see'ems" that you will swallow if you open your mouth fully. If you spend much time out in those areas you will want one of those bee keepers helmets on.

Those of us who came from somewhere else do chuckle a lot about it. But don't do it if you are counting on one of those people who can live just fine in the dark at 40 below to help you get home!!

I like the SLOW children at play... Does that mean if normal children are playing I can speed?

Floyd got caught going through a stop sign that he just didnt see until it was too late to make a real stop. It was the flattest part of Nevada near Minden. He got pulled over and the officer saw his license was from up here and said "I guess you don't know what those red signs mean that we have ALL OVER down here." Floyd said he took it to mean two things everywhere. Then went silent. The cop waits a second and says "want to explain that?" Floyd gets full eye contact and he says "I took it to mean sales tax on pussy, and I think you stop that."

They made him get out, and do a field test.

I think she looks way better out doors.

Took it for its first real ride today. The hourmeter, freshly installed, read 0, right now it reads an even 2.
I loaded up early, its dry for the most part with lingering spots that still being wet, turned into frozen slicks overnight and stayed that way for the first part of my ride, and yes, I caught one at the wrong moment and went down.
I am a was never that great B rider that hasn't ridden since October, so keep in mind that you're probably faster than I am.

The bike has plenty of power, but its not violent, the motor is very easy to keep happy, I didn't really have to worry about gear selection unless I was up shifting or slowing way down, transmission shifts beautifully. Throttle response is instant. I did notice in really slow stuff it was a tad easy to stall. It also burns through fuel like crazy.

The bike has a dunlop d756 front and a Maxxis Desert IT rear, I'm not a fan of the 756 front and have had less than pleasant experiences with the Desert IT, so that might be part of why I felt like it was a tad easy to wash the front end out. Maybe a better tire or maybe I need to adjust the fork height, or maybe adjust the clickers a little softer, one thing I forgot to take with me was a screwdriver and the goods to make tweaks to the forks/shock, but they felt pretty good to me, riding through sandwhoops is much easier now, borderline fun actually, the bike powers through them without losing very much momentum.

I also spent some time on the MX track with it, it turns and leans better than anything else I've ever had, clearing jumps is super easy with the 450 power.

All in all, I'm really happy with it after the first ride.

Both of them I rode had a very light flywheel. Almost as light as the Suzuki. Very close. If a rider is very good, having his right wrist attached to the crankshaft can be a very good thing.

If I had one, it would quickly get a rekluse and I would be cackling like a loon.

Both of them I rode had a very light flywheel. Almost as light as the Suzuki. Very close. If a rider is very good, having his right wrist attached to the crankshaft can be a very good thing.

If I had one, it would quickly get a rekluse and I would be cackling like a loon.
now you've done it, I bet Mike's dragging himself out of bed as we speak

I'll add that it really surprised me how well this bike corners leaning it into say a rut, no top heavy feeling at all imo

I would have to agree with you......like i I said before the 10 KX 450 I rode, I was definately impressed with, felt very comfortable on it, awsome handeling, and as you said the power was very strong, but linear, more usable power than anything I've ridden.if it wasn't for the fact that 4skins were gay I'd put one in the back of my truck.

yeah, it goes with a cheater suspension. you seem kind of young to be missing the board track days.

50cc and skinny bike tires. Hell yeah!! Atlantic City's Steel Pier and there is still one in Allentown Pa...
Rekluse is a cheater clutch, removes a skill set from the racing element.
Notice how I leave the electric start bikes alone even though I'm not a fan.