450F Meet Elise

Stuff like this is far more useful than any mag review I've ever read :smirk: They should hire us, although I bet Honda would pull their advertising dollars.

And yeah, its got some bumps and bruises from being ridden in the bush, but the frame, and engine covers show very little use.

FUCK Honda! Cheating, lying, bastards!!!
Now put the trail bikes under the kids ass and they can take major abuse. I like the little trail bikes and my 03 XR400 I had as a DS bike in CA for a while was not to bad. Old tech. but set up right they run forever also. My sons free to him 05 CRF450F, I think after the first ride in the desert last week healed his fourskin addiction. I like my exotic euro trash Beta, but I am all over my YZWRREKLUSE250..... Fun, fun, fun!!!
Nice KX find flake, you'll enjoy the hell out of it when it stops snowing.

FUCK Honda! Cheating, lying, bastards!!!
Now put the trail bikes under the kids ass and they can take major abuse. I like the little trail bikes and my 03 XR400 I had as a DS bike in CA for a while was not to bad. Old tech. but set up right they run forever also. My sons free to him 05 CRF450F, I think after the first ride in the desert last week healed his fourskin addiction. I like my exotic euro trash Beta, but I am all over my YZWRREKLUSE250..... Fun, fun, fun!!!
Nice KX find flake, you'll enjoy the hell out of it when it stops snowing.
I don't know that much about Honda corporate other than a few iffy things in Baja.
I loved my CRF when it ran, but as many failures as it has had leads me to the conclusion that the engine design is seriously flawed. but the 04-08 frame/suspension was entirely different than what followed, what followed I can only imagine being bought by people who don't really ride that hard or fast that just have to have a honda.
96+ XR's are the tits as far as indestructible trail bikes :drool:
Snow is slowly disappearing, we've got none up in Albuquerque so I might go there this weekend :thumb: Been going over the bike and fixing little things here and there. Checked the valves, did a compression test, all is well there.

if anyone has any suggestion as to fuel, and just general things to look for unique to the kx and making that uber expensive fuel pump live a long healthy life I'm all ears.

Still want a YZ250 for my stable :banghead:

I don't know that much about Honda corporate other than a few iffy things in Baja.
I loved my CRF when it ran, but as many failures as it has had leads me to the conclusion that the engine design is seriously flawed. but the 04-08 frame/suspension was entirely different than what followed, what followed I can only imagine being bought by people who don't really ride that hard or fast that just have to have a honda.
96+ XR's are the tits as far as indestructible trail bikes :drool:
Snow is slowly disappearing, we've got none up in Albuquerque so I might go there this weekend :thumb: Been going over the bike and fixing little things here and there. Checked the valves, did a compression test, all is well there.

if anyone has any suggestion as to fuel, and just general things to look for unique to the kx and making that uber expensive fuel pump live a long healthy life I'm all ears.

Still want a YZ250 for my stable :banghead:

A little marvel mystery oil or some cheap premix oil will keep that pump lubed. I think marine oil already has stabil in it.

Yah, we have been over it before. Honda does iffy stuff in Baja and I don't like them for that. When the dumped the 650 program and went to the 450 for Baja I kind of wondered why they would take a bike that failed more over the older thumpers but progress is progress. It was a good change for sure. EFI is a nice thing when its not a 7.2 volt dependent system. My Husky requires that and it blows..... Have to make sure you have a juiced battery and they are not cheap. Great bike, lots of power, but to dependent on electricity for a good adventure DS bike.
05 CRF450R my son got first impressions.
Although not set up for he or I, it felt like it had ridged forks on it. The cockpit was smallish but comfortable. The power was crisp with the new to it Tokyo Mods FCR carb work. did a valve check and they were within + or - of spot on but a bitch to start. I am sure there is a compression sequence to make it come to life like my XR4. need to fiddle a little more and have the suspenders done for a 150 lb rider and he will probably be happier.
So many options to do with a YZ250, find one and build it up, rip it about. It's not a Honda. :moon:
But hey, we are here to talk about Elise, not Charleen or a YZ. :ride:

Couple of basic bitch things, replaced the bushings and seals in the forks, ran into a rounded off bolt on the triple clamps, so I welded a 5/16th's nut to it to use as a grip point, I use "weld" loosely, couldn't find my helmet so against all wisdom I just lined up the welder and closed my eyes.

added a Trailtech TTO hour meter

Changed the oil/filter, cleaned and oiled the air filter (I will buy a couple twin air's as soon as I can) adjusted the sag and replaced the clutch cable.

Overall, Kawi build quality isn't as bad as I thought it was, stuff is actually laid out pretty logically as far as working on it.

yep lol, the only reason anyone ever bought a honda was due to the advertising, and OMG yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are the only ones that ever stretched the rules. you guys sound like a bunch of jealous girls. lol, I know dealerships of all brands really well, so I have ridden them all. They all have their good points.

As for their race teams, they have all shared the same people back and forth in the case of red and blue for a long time.