450F Meet Elise

I went out and rode it for about an hour yesterday, I was going to try and determine if the Dr.D was any good but all I determined is I'm way out of shape, kenda washougals don't hook up at all on hard pack, and I'm really out of shape.

I was wondering when you were gonna hit the hate button on those. The Carlsbad would have been a better choice.

I was wondering when you were gonna hit the hate button on those. The Carlsbad would have been a better choice.
I'm not sure I'd hit the hate button just yet, not everything I ride is hard pack, it did aggravate me to come into a gentle flat corner and stop because I was sure it was flat the way it was trying to slide out
I was running 15 psi both front and rear which is what I run in just about everything to prevent pinch flats, maybe a few psi out of the rear will help

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd hit the hate button just yet, not everything I ride is hard pack.
I was running 15 psi both front and rear which is what I run in just about everything to prevent pinch flats, maybe a few psi out of the rear will help

It's a 10 psi tire. You'll probably still skate with it. Loved the Kendra's on my KX..... Ran them for 1 MOTO on the RM and peeled them off.

because of the black thing or because, well just chevy things?

the flat black thing compounded my "wtf can't you learn to build an automatic tranmission or at least learn to copy one" thing that has been going on since they quit sending powerglides.

I'm not sure I'd hit the hate button just yet, not everything I ride is hard pack, it did aggravate me to come into a gentle flat corner and stop because I was sure it was flat the way it was trying to slide out

Kind of how I viewed the originals and I agree with Mi on the carlsbads. I ride enough on hard pan, that I do need something that will work on it. I have had several sets of Kenda tires, and I liked the cheap cheap cheap trackmasters better for my use than I did the Washs'. Without the hard slick stuff they would work. but almost anything works in drier looser soil, but few things work on the hard pan clay, rock or silt.

on my cr500 i wouldnt run them lower than 13 lbs and looking back I did have a 19 on it for that tire. same reason as you on the flats and stem rips.

well there is a reason the new 10 speed in the camaro zl1 was co-developed with a 4 letter F word.
It will appear in some fords too, like the new raptor.

like a lot of things, there are transmission companies out there. crazy how gm had allison as the standard by what hd automatics were and would be, and they couldnt build one to hold up in a sedan.

Kind of how I viewed the originals and I agree with Mi on the carlsbads. I ride enough on hard pan, that I do need something that will work on it. I have had several sets of Kenda tires, and I liked the cheap cheap cheap trackmasters better for my use than I did the Washs'. Without the hard slick stuff they would work. but almost anything works in drier looser soil, but few things work on the hard pan clay, rock or silt.

on my cr500 i wouldnt run them lower than 13 lbs and looking back I did have a 19 on it for that tire. same reason as you on the flats and stem rips.
well they're here and on, so no matter how bad they perform on the hard pack they're going to stay on there till I destroy them.

we all do the same thing there. honestly in comparison to what was considered good at one time those are probably just fine. not the ultimate, but you are going to get your money's worth. the originals did find on slick mud and loose dry etc. just dropped me on my ass a few times on hard pack which always hurts a little more and usually comes at speed. one of the guys i rode with when he was on 50's has been all over me about all he heard about trials tires. he rode his ktm 200 last weekend for the first time with one. He WILL NOT wear that one out. It will come off before Saturday if he has to cut it off.

like a lot of things, there are transmission companies out there. crazy how gm had allison as the standard by what hd automatics were and would be, and they couldnt build one to hold up in a sedan.
if you own a gm and the transmission name starts with 4L you're going to have a bad time. but on the flip side of the coin from 04-10(?) when Ford was producing the 5.4L 3 valve engine GM was kicking their ass.

we all do the same thing there. honestly in comparison to what was considered good at one time those are probably just fine. not the ultimate, but you are going to get your money's worth. the originals did find on slick mud and loose dry etc. just dropped me on my ass a few times on hard pack which always hurts a little more and usually comes at speed. one of the guys i rode with when he was on 50's has been all over me about all he heard about trials tires. he rode his ktm 200 last weekend for the first time with one. He WILL NOT wear that one out. It will come off before Saturday if he has to cut it off.
I've thought of a trials tire for Moab but I'm not going to spend the money for a special tire for one trip.

the way we all decided was if it had more than two gears and it came from gm, you needed to know how to change it. it has kept so many specialty shops in business because they can be made into good working units so the big question was why gm kept sending what they did. hell, you think honda took a long time (still taking it) to figure out intake valves and seats, look at GM!!!!