Lake Arrowhead SRAD97750 & Brother Meet Ride Report.

Got to finally join SRAD on a ride and it was up in Arrowhead.

the ride was pretty epic as far as my standards go. Nice and cool weather. Trails all to ourselfs and i conquered some pretty challenging stuff. Did a rock section that i honestly didnt think i had the skills to make it up. SRAD's brother has some skills on rocks and makes it look easy going up then coming down and going back up again. SRAD makes it up so now i have to try again. I completely miss the line im supposed to take but just hammer it up the face of the rock jumping to the left and almost going off the edge down a big hill :lol: First part of the video is what im talking about. After that it was not so bad. Then we got to the single track... my camera memory goes full before we get to the really tight stuff so you will have to wait till SRAD gets his vids up.

all in all my odometer said 63 miles when we got back. i dumped my bike 3 times... mostly just no footing coming to a stop. I also went over the bars on a rocky DH section but was fine as it was slow speed. SRAD took one of the gnarliest dirt naps i ever seen and got right up like a champ... he is one tough SOAB as i would have prolly curled up in the fetal position and cried for mommy.

anyhow without further adoo here is the vid and remember its way better in HD :thumb:

PS.... SRAD has all kinds of cool stats on his GPS that he will post below somewhere

SRAD97750

Staff member
Lake Arrowhead
March 17th 2011

2N27Y-2W11-3N34-3N16-3N14-4N16-3N59-2W01-Devil's hole

arrowmap.jpg

ODO
61.38 Mi
Moving time
3hr 30min
Stopped time
3hr 12min
Max speed
51mph
Moving avg
18mph
Staging elev
5140ft
Max elev
Total ascent (up and down)
10584ft

-BIG DAN:thumb:

Edit- More video and report to come!

ive always preferred trail over track. honestly if i would have got a plated bike last year instead of the 525 i might have never gone to the track. I am glad i did tho. i learned a lot of bike control at the track which definilty made me better at trails.

ive always preferred trail over track. honestly if i would have got a plated bike last year instead of the 525 i might have never gone to the track. I am glad i did tho. i learned a lot of bike control at the track which definilty made me better at trails.

:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
No 1W17? It's one of the best trails up there.

Not that day. We were on a mission to get to devils hole and back.
I have 6 days of riding data I'm currently sorting through. We hit malcolm smith (1W17) twice this week. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Looks like fun. :thumb: I kinda like rocky 2 track sometimes. If you can get the right flow going you can just hammer through by picking a good line, letting the bike dance below you a bit and keep the front a little light. Even HD youtube looks kinda crappy compared to what I know it should look like:cry:.

Great video Trav:thumb: Where is your camera mounted chest or head? I like the music too. That rocky section in the beginning:shocked: umm...I'd be lucky to make it without dumping it, it looks tuff.
Looks like a fun day.

Thanks for the share. Someday Im gonna get up there.

SRAD97750

Staff member
i have next Wednesday Thursday free Srad :smirk:
After riding the last two weeks, my front brake pads are now fried. No riding for me until this ebay auction is over and the USPS gods have been appeased.

So... on a sadder note, I spent a few hours putting together one of my videos this evening. Then my computer locked up and I lost all my work... -BIG DAN:cry:

Looks like a good time was had. With rocky sections like that Trav, you show look at adding a Damper and you will run through there a lot smoother. Looks like you are enjoying the new fish...

After riding the last two weeks, my front brake pads are now fried. No riding for me until this ebay auction is over and the USPS gods have been appeased.

So... on a sadder note, I spent a few hours putting together one of my videos this evening. Then my computer locked up and I lost all my work... -BIG DAN:cry:

ugg that sucks... i save my project often when im editing cause i dont trust my PC.

The water crossing on Malcolm is passable? :thinking:

Are you a submarine?

i am not sure but i know that the water crossing at devils hole was not even close to passable.