Lake Arrowhead SRAD97750 & Brother Meet Ride Report.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I Just finished editing video of the legitimate crossing. Uploading now.

The actual crossing is deep enough not to ride through, but 3 guys could carry each bike through without much incident. (palmer:smirk:)
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I Just finished editing video of the legitimate crossing. Uploading now.

The actual crossing is deep enough not to ride through, but 3 guys could carry each bike through without much incident. (palmer:smirk:)
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Ha, ha...Very funny. If only there was a camera to be had that day, It would have been epic.... Three guys in skivvies carrying bikes across the stream. :lol: :lol:

So post up the video all ready. :rolleyes:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Arrowhead is a cool place. From 4100 ft to 7890ft. 160 miles of green sticker legal trails.
Mostly fireroad best suited to 4X4, but littered with great quad track. If you have the map you can find 3.5 miles of legitamate singletrack(2W01).
The past two weeks I have been in arrowhead wednesday-friday doing my part with the Adopt-A-Trail program on our trail 2W01. Survey, trash pick-up, trail "un-braiding" and rehabilitaion, and sign fixing. The weather has been nice and cool so the hours of boulder throwing were well spent. Another AAT video to come with trail maintenance.:thumb:

Here are the long awaited videos of my Brother, Travace, Rivithead242, and myself navigating the SBNF.

3/10/2011
Riding with Mike. Hit a few fun quadtracks and spent the afternoon at Devil's hole. About 55 Miles on this beautiful day. 55 degrees snow still on the ground. Muddy muddy...
Trails : 3N34 3N34D 3N34X 3W14 3N49 3W11 3W65 3W13 2N33 2N27Y 2N29Y 2W11 2W11 2W25 Pinnacles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jAS3IyYEmU

3/17/2011
Riding with Mike and Travace. Ran a mission to the back side of Devil's hole (currently impassable) to 2W01 to survey before the snow. About 62 Miles on this beautiful day. 62 degrees
Thanks for coming out Trav! Come out to baldy mesa with me when I get my brakes installed.
Trails : 3N34 3N16 3N14 4N16 3N59 2W01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrHunct_Zp0

Here's the Singletrack video. This is the trail RidersOnline.ORG adopted (2W01). :banana: The trail is in GREAT black diamond condition through the rocks at the beach. Not impassable, but your sister couldn't hack it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ewNQxSvVQ

3/18/2011
Slept really good after the long haul with Trav on thursday. Friday morning Rivithead242 showed up around 10am and off we went to stretch out our beaten bodies.
At this point my brother and I had covered near 130 miles. 22000 ft altitude change. 10.1 moving hours and a few tanks of fuel in 5 days.
Here comes day 6.... another 39 miles of quad track and water crossings... 55 degrees.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTqAx5YuD_I

Thanks to Travace and Rivithead for coming out and making this trip a memorable one. Please subcribe to my youtube for unedited trails and more videos weekly! http://www.youtube.com/hamtyboy
-BIG DAN :thumb:

that single track was so much fun.

and :lol: your views make that rock section look like nothing. Still really cool seeing myself from a different perspective... next ride we meet up on i gotta make it a point to actually film a little instead of putting the camera on and forgetting about it.

edit: btw singletrack vid plays here but says it was removed :( i tried to post it on my other forums but no go there

The second waterfall on Dishpan Springs looks the same as it has the last three times I have been there. Maybe its just the camera??? What happened to the single track video?!? I am getting all excited, thinking okay....just a few more turns......then, heading back down the waterfall.....DAMMIT! Hopefully you get that shit fixed, I wanna see what it looks like running it in reverse!

Again, Great ride and great vids man! Can't wait till the next time :ride:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Thanks for your patience. I had 6 days of files to sort through and make into videos that someone might actually be able to watch. Thanks again for coming out to ride guys!

Anyone want to ride Baldy, Arrowhead, El mirage, or spangler? Lets ride.... -BIG DAN

Great stuff guys...nice RR.........to T-rav...when you "stepped off" your bike into the looooow rut, what made you do that, was there a rock or ? on the right side? :thumb:

Great stuff guys...nice RR.........to T-rav...when you "stepped off" your bike into the looooow rut, what made you do that, was there a rock or ? on the right side? :thumb:
there is rocks everywhere but my biggest mistake in that situation was my confidence... if i just would have got on it i would have been fine but i stopped and had no where to put my foot.

SRAD97750

Staff member
All of us were riding without elbow guards. No knee guards. And no chest protectors. Also, I never have my goggles down.
Would you like to get into when the last time I washed my pants? I didn't think so. No roost for you. We had a GREAT time. -BIG DAN:thumb:

have no idea why i didnt put the chest guard on... i always do. i have kneeguards in my bag and jsut didnt put them on. I need to get those sleeves cause they do rub the back of my leg raw. as for elbow guards its just way to restricting for me.