Lake Arrowhead SRAD97750 & Brother Meet Ride Report.

Dishpan Springs, 3N34 - that thing changes every year! You should see the jeeps going up it.
I attempted to ride my bike up this road a year ago and decided it was just to rocky for my likings. I came back a few months later in my Jeep and did the same road and it is a challenge to go all the way. I give you guys kudos for riding your bikes through that stuff. And I was just bitching about the rocks at Stoddard. :thinking:

if you can hold a line through rocks its not that hard... SRADS brother made it look so easy. im pretty sure they got some flip camera film ... i cant wait to see it.

Me on the other hand cant hold a line to save my life so i made it a lot harder on myself. After my first go at it i thought i wasnt gonna be able to get up it... but SRAD got it and that motivated me to give it a serious attempt. I was pretty stoked i did... thanks to SRAD for that extra push i needed

if you can hold a line through rocks its not that hard... SRADS brother made it look so easy. im pretty sure they got some flip camera film ... i cant wait to see it.

Me on the other hand cant hold a line to save my life so i made it a lot harder on myself. After my first go at it i thought i wasnt gonna be able to get up it... but SRAD got it and that motivated me to give it a serious attempt. I was pretty stoked i did... thanks to SRAD for that extra push i needed

Srad's bro was on the kdx right? Thats a great bike for those rocks

SRAD97750

Staff member
Srad's bro was on the kdx right? Thats a great bike for those rocks
Yep, and he just replaced the clutch cable. "Butter" was how he described it...

thanks to SRAD for that extra push i needed
Oh, you were going over it one way or another. :lol: Glad I could inspire confidence. I try to do something "over my head" every ride.

Videos are being churned out by my movie machine as we speak, stand by for visual stimulation.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I attempted to ride my bike up this road a year ago and decided it was just to rocky for my likings. I came back a few months later in my Jeep and did the same road and it is a challenge to go all the way. I give you guys kudos for riding your bikes through that stuff. And I was just bitching about the rocks at Stoddard. :thinking:

I can't see the video yet. (at work) :foul: Is it the first section after the T6 or the second section before crab flats. The second section past Crab has gotten worse over the years but still doable. :thumb:

Great ride on Friday dan. Too bad i wasn't able to make it up there on thursday for the long day!

Dishpan Springs (rocky waterfall trail) is a challenging section on dry perfect conditions, yet alone wet/rutted and a lot more rocky! Way to show your guys skills off! We didn't get to make it over there friday (Dan and Mike were pretty well beat up after riding up there all week....i still don't know how they were able to put in another 50sh miles with me on friday). Can't wait to check it out in the truck, looks a lot rougher now!

Great video Travace! If you want to hit up those trails again on thursday, i might be game. As long as i dont break my truck wednesday playing around in the wet rocks.....Ill let you know.

Again, great ride guys. Can't wait till the next time.

Just a few pics. over at Pilot Rock, and Devils Hole
196631_210440148972934_100000208522555_940579_20369_n.jpg

190227_210440032306279_100000208522555_940578_5440146_n.jpg

Ok, Second section before Crab Flats. That section has changed alot over the years, the rock you now cut right after going left used to be a rock you had to go around. I love riding up in that area during the week. Never on a weekend as you will be hit head on by the asshates that are there on weekends.

I've only been up there a few times waaaaaay back when. We went on a trail/road that connected wherever we were with (I believe) Cedar-Glen...Deep Creek seperated the 2 areas...the ride down and back up on the Big Bear side was rough but very manageable on a bike...really pot holed out (teeter-totter) is the best I can describe the action if in a 4x4. The otehr side fo the creek the short dirt road turned into asphalt allowing cars to make it most of thje way down.

Never on a weekend as you will be hit head on by the asshates that are there on weekends.
I learned my lesson the hard way! Clipped handlebars with a guy out there on a saturday, nothing serious happened......except the other guy scratched up his new helmet :cry:. During the week is the way to go! We saw one group of 2 people on Friday.

Great ride on Friday dan. Too bad i wasn't able to make it up there on thursday for the long day!

Dishpan Springs (rocky waterfall trail) is a challenging section on dry perfect conditions, yet alone wet/rutted and a lot more rocky! Way to show your guys skills off! We didn't get to make it over there friday (Dan and Mike were pretty well beat up after riding up there all week....i still don't know how they were able to put in another 50sh miles with me on friday). Can't wait to check it out in the truck, looks a lot rougher now!

Great video Travace! If you want to hit up those trails again on thursday, i might be game. As long as i dont break my truck wednesday playing around in the wet rocks.....Ill let you know.

Again, great ride guys. Can't wait till the next time.

Just a few pics. over at Pilot Rock, and Devils Hole
196631_210440148972934_100000208522555_940579_20369_n.jpg

190227_210440032306279_100000208522555_940578_5440146_n.jpg

Did you get a pic of the actual crossing (upstream of 2nd pic)?