It has begun... Rebuild :banana:

If you are talking about what I think you're talking about, the mm measurement they are referring to it distance not volume. They mean measure down from the top of the fork tube until you touch oil. If you are looking at a fork oil level tool, you can set the amount of mm's on the tool and then insert the tool. Then you retract oil until the tool starts sucking air. Then you will have the correct amount of oil in the tube. I made a "How To" on here and I show how I used a Turkey baster and piece of rubber hose measured with a washer to the distance that was called for on my forks and sucked the oil out.
so how many oz did you put in? gotta have some sort of estimate unless you just bought a big 5 gallon bucket full of it...lol

little update... went and picked up a 5lb bag of baking soda and started blasting my engine and swing arm, i just have one of the cheap hand held sand blasters with the little hopper so it's coming a long real slow. Almost outta baking soda with one side of my swing arm so i decided i'm just going to grab the sander with some 2,000 grit i had left over from polishing my 07's frame and hit it with that cause it's mostly flat unlike the engine. pics tomorrow if the rain holds off (just got a little carport to work in)

little update... went and picked up a 5lb bag of baking soda and started blasting my engine and swing arm, i just have one of the cheap hand held sand blasters with the little hopper so it's coming a long real slow. Almost outta baking soda with one side of my swing arm so i decided i'm just going to grab the sander with some 2,000 grit i had left over from polishing my 07's frame and hit it with that cause it's mostly flat unlike the engine. pics tomorrow if the rain holds off (just got a little carport to work in)

:popcorn:

alright so i was kinda putting off doing my rebuild thread until i found some income and now i've got it so here we go! I've had this bike since 05 when i bought it off a co worker and it was my first real dirt bike so it holds a place in my heart and probably hold onto it forever. Seen a lot of people doing complete rebuilds and decided to get rid of my 07 WR and put some money into my 99.

When i bought it:
IM000439.jpg

After my intial mods (FMF pipe, Powerbomb header, sharpie wheels and painted side plates)
HPIM0355.jpg

then i bought my of and let my brother use it... he sold it to a crack head and it ended up getting pretty bad:
9711eb4d.jpg

so i tore it all down to replace all the wear parts, clean the carb, repair the forks and get it powder coated. Thinking on what color plastics to get at the moment but just got the powder coat back today and I already laced up the wheels :banana:

fc8d084b.jpg

2928da5e.jpg

Still wondering about the motor though :devil: i rode it all of 1/4 mile before i tore it down but it sounded good :ride:

If your bro sold it how'd u get it back just curious