It has begun... Rebuild :banana:

alright so i was kinda putting off doing my rebuild thread until i found some income and now i've got it so here we go! I've had this bike since 05 when i bought it off a co worker and it was my first real dirt bike so it holds a place in my heart and probably hold onto it forever. Seen a lot of people doing complete rebuilds and decided to get rid of my 07 WR and put some money into my 99.

When i bought it:
IM000439.jpg

After my intial mods (FMF pipe, Powerbomb header, sharpie wheels and painted side plates)
HPIM0355.jpg

then i bought my of and let my brother use it... he sold it to a crack head and it ended up getting pretty bad:
9711eb4d.jpg

so i tore it all down to replace all the wear parts, clean the carb, repair the forks and get it powder coated. Thinking on what color plastics to get at the moment but just got the powder coat back today and I already laced up the wheels :banana:

fc8d084b.jpg

2928da5e.jpg

Still wondering about the motor though :devil: i rode it all of 1/4 mile before i tore it down but it sounded good :ride:

Silly 2t riders... We throw top ends on when we change spark plugs... 4T riders dont intill theres a rod dragging the dirt :lol:

:lol:

well i respoked the wheels today and realized i'm going to have to do a lot of sanding/scrapeing to get some powder coat off. My sproket won't sit on the hub at all :bonk: . Put my triple clamp back on the frame but can't find the top nut... the biggest nut of the whole project and can't find it :noidea: got a whole 180 piece bolt and nut kit coming though but i doubt thats included.

ok got my forks rebuilt tonight... new bushings and seals, hopefully the right amount of oil cause yamaha marks it by mm instead of oz's, i put 16 in it (half the bottle...lol) my MMI buddy was there and said go ahead if it blows the seals it blows them :noidea: hopefully it doesn't though.

ok got my forks rebuilt tonight... new bushings and seals, hopefully the right amount of oil cause yamaha marks it by mm instead of oz's, i put 16 in it (half the bottle...lol) my MMI buddy was there and said go ahead if it blows the seals it blows them :noidea: hopefully it doesn't though.

If you are talking about what I think you're talking about, the mm measurement they are referring to it distance not volume. They mean measure down from the top of the fork tube until you touch oil. If you are looking at a fork oil level tool, you can set the amount of mm's on the tool and then insert the tool. Then you retract oil until the tool starts sucking air. Then you will have the correct amount of oil in the tube. I made a "How To" on here and I show how I used a Turkey baster and piece of rubber hose measured with a washer to the distance that was called for on my forks and sucked the oil out.

I think your MMI buddy, better pay attention more in class.:shocked: