2 Stroke Husqvarna no spark

SRAD97750

Staff member
Kill switch is a single pole, so you should have continuity one way and open circuit with other way. TYPICALLY a kill switch provides a path to ground to the cdi to kill the ignition. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS TRUE. I've seen Yamaha systems that needed the kill switch grounded to run.

4 wires from the engine should have two pairs that have resistance between them. Most likely a pulse generator and the stator itself.
Coil resistance is checked ground to cap (Secondary) and then ground to input wire. (Primary)
You cannot test a CDI, and a voltage regulator/rectifier only can be tested while the bike is running.

Get back to us with the five readings requested, and we can point in a better direction. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Sure the cap connector is turned all the way in and making a connection with wire to plug? Did you ever call Uptite?
I called another guy that was only an hour away, and he told me that it has an aftermarket electrical system. It has a pvl ignition system.

It doesn’t have a compression problem
Big end rod bearing sounds like. Or a ring getting caught. Should not have a TDC compression problem

I think I said that. Does it make a clunking sound at all? And you said:
So I got the bike running (bad cdi) but now whenever the engine gets to a certain part of the cycle it stops, I can’t kick it or anything. But when I move it back it moves freely