4 Stroke Heat Shield

Well I found the tape or wrap at the local auto parts store and the smallest roll is around $20 but then you need the clip things to keep it from unraveling which is another $10 so for another $70 I can get the cleaner looking guard. :thinking:

Considering your current investment, go for the cleaner looking guard!

Well I found the tape or wrap at the local auto parts store and the smallest roll is around $20 but then you need the clip things to keep it from unraveling which is another $10 so for another $70 I can get the cleaner looking guard. :thinking:

I'd go for the clean look too (I'm envisioning an ace bandage look...:smirk:) however...$20 + 10 and maybe even another 10 doesn't add up to $70...what am I missing here? :noidea:

I'd go for the clean look too (I'm envisioning an ace bandage look...:smirk:) however...$20 + 10 and maybe even another 10 doesn't add up to $70...what am I missing here? :noidea:
The Eline Pipe Guard is about $100.00. $20 plus $10 is the $30 for the ace bandage but for another $70 I can get the clean look. :thinking:

flatland_logo.jpg
This trick bash guard will protect your header pipe from getting dented or smashed and also acts as a heat-shield! Easy installation and all mounting hardware included!
11-69.jpg
Flatland Racing Header Pipe Bash Guard Heat Shield
Racing Part Number 11-69
KTM 400 450 530 EXC-R XCR-W XCW 2008-2010

I hope this picture posts up. Anyone ever seen these guards?

flatland_logo.jpg

This trick bash guard will protect your header pipe from getting dented or smashed and also acts as a heat-shield! Easy installation and all mounting hardware included!

11-69.jpg

Flatland Racing Header Pipe Bash Guard Heat Shield
Racing Part Number 11-69

KTM 400 450 530 EXC-R XCR-W XCW 2008-2010

I hope this picture posts up. Anyone ever seen these guards?
:thinking: What is the price of that one. That is not too bad, if you are getting away from the Carbon one. It would look good anodized black to kind of hide the weld marks.

:thinking: What is the price of that one. That is not too bad, if you are getting away from the Carbon one. It would look good anodized black to kind of hide the weld marks.
This is on EBay for $49.95 plus $9.73 to ship. This is basically half the price of the Eline. Powder coating it black would look good and it seems to hug the pipe better than the Eline, at least in the pictures. :thumb: I may spring for this one.

I have had experience with Flatland giving discounts if you call them direct and are ordering additional items. Maybe someneeds some Rad Guards, Skid Plate, Pipe Guard. :noidea:

I have had experience with Flatland giving discounts if you call them direct and are ordering additional items. Maybe someneeds some Rad Guards, Skid Plate, Pipe Guard. :noidea:

Maybe that is what I should get for the Kawi.. I need one. On the tape....Im thinking some clear nail polish would help with ravels. I use it for lots of things. The end of anything that can come unraveled you just apply a small amount and it stays put. I use it on buttons that are starting to unravel. I have even used it on a rug that was starting to unravel. Dont know how it would handle heat but it may work.

Flatland is a good company. I had their rad guards on my 250X. I sent one back to them about 8 months after getting it. I thought I would give them a call to see if they had any type of warranty (yeah right!) I told them I couldnt afford to buy a new one and I was having a hard time trying to straighten/pound out the one I had. They said they would TRY but dont typically do this OR have people sending them back to be pounded out. I said I dont have a mallot and I dont want to make it any worse:lol: I said pretty Please:kissass:
They were so kind! Instead they sent me a new one and a tee shirt with it. Good folks at Flatland:thumb:

Maybe that is what I should get for the Kawi.. I need one. On the tape....Im thinking some clear nail polish would help with ravels. I use it for lots of things. The end of anything that can come unraveled you just apply a small amount and it stays put. I use it on buttons that are starting to unravel. I have even used it on a rug that was starting to unravel. Dont know how it would handle heat but it may work.

Flatland is a good company. I had their rad guards on my 250X. I sent one back to them about 8 months after getting it. I thought I would give them a call to see if they had any type of warranty (yeah right!) I told them I couldnt afford to buy a new one and I was having a hard time trying to straighten/pound out the one I had. They said they would TRY but dont typically do this OR have people sending them back to be pounded out. I said I dont have a mallot and I dont want to make it any worse:lol: I said pretty Please:kissass:
They were so kind! Instead they sent me a new one and a tee shirt with it. Good folks at Flatland:thumb:
Customer service is what it is all about and it sounds like these guys have what it takes. I ordered this pipe guard yesterday and am looking forward to putting it on. I am surprised I have not dented the header by now but I do have some of my riding pants melted onto the pipe.

Customer service is what it is all about and it sounds like these guys have what it takes. I ordered this pipe guard yesterday and am looking forward to putting it on. I am surprised I have not dented the header by now but I do have some of my riding pants melted onto the pipe.

I wish I had one of those pipe guards a few years ago :prof:

DSCN1350.jpg