Hate War, But Love Our Soldiers

I recently came into the 21st century and got the CALL of Duty game...If you're not familiar with it (aside from the obvious battles) there quotes posted between scenes...most of the mare great. 1 in particular to go along with your Hate war/Love soldiers is "Those that love the thought of war have never been in one!"

I think we have the same appreciation for those that serve and have served...:thumb:

James

Staff member
1 in particular to go along with your Hate war/Love soldiers is "Those that love the thought of war have never been in one!"
:thumb:

I absolutely hate war, however I do realize that unfortunately it's sometimes necessary. The thing that's really changed about war though, in my eyes, is that we don't seem to fight other countries anymore. Now it's always groups of people (terrorists) hiding amongst the regular population of a foreign country. No more, that's the opposing force's uniform, shoot them.

Like I'd said above, I had recently watched We Were Soldiers (highly recommend :thumb:) again and that movie brings out the point that the opposing army/soldier isn't that much different then us. They also have lives, families, dreams, ect. and they'll also give their life for their country, just like us. So in theory we aren't that different, :lol: but that's a pretty simplistic way to look at it. As we all know war's been part of the world since the beginning and I don't see that ever changing, diplomats can only do so much.

Ok this is getting kind of deep for me, time for more pictures. :USA:

love the photos they are awesome really make me wish i would stick with going into the marines speaking of which im going to a leadership camp next week :)

Amazing thread, James. :USA: :thumb:

:thumb:

I absolutely hate war, however I do realize that unfortunately it's sometimes necessary. The thing that's really changed about war though, in my eyes, is that we don't seem to fight other countries anymore. Now it's always groups of people (terrorists) hiding amongst the regular population of a foreign country. No more, that's the opposing force's uniform, shoot them.

I'm not going against what you are saying. I just wanna talk about it too! :ride:

War is the answer. No doubt about that. It's sad that it's the answer, and it's a shame that so many soldiers have to lose their lives. But NO soldier defending our country has died in vain. If someone dont believe that war is the answer, how do you think our world would be if no one waged war on the Nazis? Hell, we wouldn't even have the United States of America if we never waged war on the British. War is a good thing when good people are stopping evil. Because freedom don't come free.