Hate War, But Love Our Soldiers

Amazing pictures! :USA:

I wonder if soldiers ever accidentally press the magazine release button when they carry like that? When I'm carrying my AR like that, I'm afraid I might accidentally press the release button. :smirk: Guess that's better than an accidental trigger pull!

I have never had an accidental mag release, and I carry like that. You have to push the mag release button pretty hard, anyways to get it to release.

I have never had an accidental mag release, and I carry like that. You have to push the mag release button pretty hard, anyways to get it to release.

Ahhhh ok. My mag release is like butter. And if I'm ever changing my left hand grip, I gotta watch my fanger. It's never actually happened to me, but sometimes I find my fanger hovering over it. Maybe I'm just paranoid I might dump a brand new magazine. :smirk:

My son Andrew is coming back from Afghanistan on the 26th of April. We are very excited!! Those pictures are great and I can't wait to hear his stories. He is a Second Lieutenant in the Kandahar area and is coming back in less than one year (left in September).

James

Staff member
My son Andrew is coming back from Afghanistan on the 26th of April. We are very excited!! Those pictures are great and I can't wait to hear his stories. He is a Second Lieutenant in the Kandahar area and is coming back in less than one year (left in September).
That's great to hear, tell him that we thank him for his service. :USA:

Kandahar? Isn't that one of the worse places? He isn't in here is he? https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/off-topic-discussions/1944-restrepo-war-documentary.html

I hope not, but I will find out. He was lucky and was in training when most of the sh!t went down. He spends a lot of time in a couple of FOBs north of Kandahar, but I am hoping he has had an easy go of it. Sleeping in an 8x8 foot plywood room must suck also. He also hates the food and said the nights are cold to the bone. I think he will kiss the ground when he lands stateside, I know I would. :thumb:

:USA:

James

Staff member
I hope not, but I will find out. He was lucky and was in training when most of the sh!t went down. He spends a lot of time in a couple of FOBs north of Kandahar, but I am hoping he has had an easy go of it. Sleeping in an 8x8 foot plywood room must suck also. He also hates the food and said the nights are cold to the bone. I think he will kiss the ground when he lands stateside, I know I would. :thumb:
My bad I was thinking of the Korengal Valley, Kandahar isn't a cup cake though.. :bonk: I'm almost thinking that our main base, in Afghanistan, is in that province. :noidea:

Let us know when he makes it home safe. :thumb:

JimmyJimJames,

There was a great one hour thing on the History Channel tonight called, "Killing Bin Laden" at 9:00 PM, 1130 on TWC. It was an excellent rendition of what went down! Watch it if it's rebroadcast! :thumb: