Grounded! :(

You running with that excuse? Really? So you went up to the teacher and said "Hey I am getting the answer correct, but I'm being docked because my lack of showing my work?" And they said what? If you are not getting the answers you need to improve your work, then parents/Counselors need to get involved. I hate when the kids call out the teachers that they are idiots or my kids use to say "they are on crack". We went to see the teacher when that happened and most of the the time the student is not asking or not listening...:prof:
I don't know whats up out there, but we get docked on your homework for not showing work, or incorrect work, since we have to know a certain way to do it regaurdless. I asked them why, they always tell me lack or work to support the answer. I never said my teacher was on crack, they are obviously just doing their jobs, and I hate to come off sounding like that. I know why I did not receive the grade I wanted, and gradually improved on that throughout the year. Without someone like my parents knowing the truth of the story, they are taking a shot in the dark telling me what I'm doing wrong. To each student, their problems are different.

You running with that excuse? Really? So you went up to the teacher and said "Hey I am getting the answer correct, but I'm being docked because my lack of showing my work?" And they said what? If you are not getting the answers you need to improve your work, then parents/Counselors need to get involved. I hate when the kids call out the teachers that they are idiots or my kids use to say "they are on crack". We went to see the teacher when that happened and most of the the time the student is not asking or not listening...:prof:

Teachers are SOOOOO stupid ... amazing how they got the jobs they have. :rolleyes:

I don't know whats up out there, but we get docked on your homework for not showing work, or incorrect work, since we have to know a certain way to do it regaurdless. I asked them why, they always tell me lack or work to support the answer. I never said my teacher was on crack, they are obviously just doing their jobs, and I hate to come off sounding like that. I know why I did not receive the grade I wanted, and gradually improved on that throughout the year. Without someone like my parents knowing the truth of the story, they are taking a shot in the dark telling me what I'm doing wrong. To each student, their problems are different.

This is true however if any ofthe students have grades higher than yours than obviously you're missing something and they're getting it! Otherwise you're all in the same boat and should boycott THAT class! :spin:

I never said "you" said your teacher was on crack, "My" kids would say that. And yes even when i was in school, you had to show your work. I am good at math and when I would get the answer in shorter steps, my teacher would challenge me, so I just started doing them the way he showed us how to so there were no issues. If you know it is because of lack of showing your work, then change it and show the work they require. Do a sample problem and ask what steps am I missing that you (teacher) want to see, so I can get the most points on this as possible.

Someone said a "D" is passing so what is the big deal. The big deal is if you want to go to college. Low grade point averages are not going to get you into the schools you want to go to. Add, your major will require you to get a C- or better or you will have to take the class again and that is wasted money. Here in California, if you get a 3.0 or better it is a huge savings on your car insurance. When my kids were in school and did not maintain a 3.0 or better, they did not drive. One my oldest tried that once and when she had to be driven to school by her little sister, and all her friends saw this, she maintained the grades.

Reading this thread reminded me of high school, oh the memories. :smirk: You guys in school need to keep a simple mature state of mind. School is your job. Succeed at it and all hobbies and social life come after. You guys will look back at high school a year, maybe two to three or four years after you graduate and realize how EASY life was. Also how unimportant a high school social life was in your current state of life.

I wish I could go back to highschool.... I would me mofo'n A++ student!!!!!

No a's no excuses especially since you guys have millions of sources for information.

hahaha D stands for diploma hahaha, i could get a 4.0 at an inner city school trying hard, trying hard at my school lucky to get about a 3.1, they like to raise the standards around here and I'm not smart enough haha

hahaha D stands for diploma hahaha, i could get a 4.0 at an inner city school trying hard, trying hard at my school lucky to get about a 3.1, they like to raise the standards around here and I'm not smart enough haha
Way to knock yourself down..:naughty: That is half the problem, kids tell themselves they are "D"umb and can't do it, so they don't try.