Grounded! :(

I think it's unfair, because I'm even paying for summer school myself, and I was 2% close to a c- in both classes, I could understand 3 weeks but 4 months isn't cool, I have no source of fun anymore :(
Really? 2% to a C-, we should not even have this thread because you should pulling A's and B's. You know where you are in your class better than your parents. You knew your grades or if you cared, you would be asking your teacher weekly what your grade is. If you are struggling in a subject reach out to the teacher for assistance, or talk to your councilor or let your parents know you need help or a tutor. This is on you and you are lucky it is only 4 months. You hate it soo much, do something about it and not let this happen again.

I think this is a little unfair myself, perhaps rather than punishment parents should concentrate on helping their skills. Mabey like make them go back through the book and do some computer tutoring for a couple hours a day

WTF... us parents already went through that crap! Now it's your turn! I too have a duaghter in highschool who struggles with her grades... mainly because she doesn't pay attention. Once she started doing that she went from D's and F's to straight A's in her last trimester. Whenever we tried to help she would get suuuuper angry because she didn't understand BECAUSE she failed to pay attention in class so she got very frustrated and took it out on us... :rant:... :D

Really? 2% to a C-, we should not even have this thread because you should pulling A's and B's. You know where you are in your class better than your parents. You knew your grades or if you cared, you would be asking your teacher weekly what your grade is. If you are struggling in a subject reach out to the teacher for assistance, or talk to your councilor or let your parents know you need help or a tutor. This is on you and you are lucky it is only 4 months. You hate it soo much, do something about it and not let this happen again.

Well said my good man... it got to the point with my daughter that my wife was on an e-mail list from all the teachers and counselors because of her of her grades and recieved complete status of her classes so that WE knew what was going on. Her social status was overtaking her scholastic importance ultimately resulting in her being "EXPELLED" from the local school and transfered to a "not to be called a continuation school" however if it sounds and smells like a duck ...it's a duck. She still had some issues with her NEW peers (low lifes/trouble makers for the most part) hassling her because she was new however we stepped in in time to bail her out and she recovered and ended the with straight A's for that trimester. Overall her grades went from D'ds and F's to B's and C's.

Yes it was a lot of work on our part and stressful to say the least however she finally realized it WAS in fact her future she was hurting and that only she could change it..... Remember, ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT D's and F's :smirk:

That is all.... now back to our scheduled program! :prof:

They let me know 2 weeks ago before the semester ended, so I had little time to bring it up

They let me know 2 weeks ago before the semester ended, so I had little time to bring it up

Ahhh but if you had real interest in your academic status YOU (like CDA said) should be asking them how you're doing... hound them, act interested, they love that shit. Ifnot then you deserve what you get. As for your parents, they seem to care... obviously your bike and riding seems to be important to you therefore they struct a nerve to get yoru attention... we did the same thing with my daughter except with her phone... that is her lifeline to the world...:cry:... heaven forbid she turn and talk to the person next to her... :smirk:

Good luck ... and happy schooling! :thumb:

I think this is a little unfair myself, perhaps rather than punishment parents should concentrate on helping their skills. Mabey like make them go back through the book and do some computer tutoring for a couple hours a day

He was warned and warned, and mom is a school teacher so he has even more tools at his disposal than most. IF he don't use the tools given to him then who's fault is it? Besides most of his problem is turning in his work. I know he did the work, he knows he did the work but the teacher never gets his work? What gives?? I don't know but he didn't try hard enough to find out either. He is 12 and if he doesn't give a shit enough to get it together,...then he is the one to suffer.

yeh I'm not the best at math and once in a while i will get a D, but you are still passing, so I dont see why some parents make such a big deal unless they are failing, or if its just basic math skills which the parents should have helped them learn anyway

Because he is in a special program science, math and biology program that he had to apply to,,, he had to write a paper, submit to a test to even get in this program. NOW he is on probation and if he doesn't bring that D up to a C then they will kick him out. Then he has to go to his home county school witch is a thugged out POS school with gangs and drugs,,,THAT IS WHY WE PARENTS CARE!!!! it isn't always because we want to be dicks:prof: one day Jmach and JYD you will grow up and see how the real world is and that while we as parents seem like we are doing nothing but trying to cramp your style we are really just trying to make you the best you can be.

Because he is in a special program science, math and biology program that he had to apply to,,, he had to write a paper, submit to a test to even get in this program. NOW he is on probation and if he doesn't bring that D up to a C then they will kick him out. Then he has to go to his home county school witch is a thugged out POS school with gangs and drugs,,,THAT IS WHY WE PARENTS CARE!!!! it isn't always because we want to be dicks:prof: one day Jmach and JYD you will grow up and see how the real world is and that while we as parents seem like we are doing nothing but trying to cramp your style we are really just trying to make you the best you can be.

GO JAX .... rooost to you (if I could... :thumb:) making kids understand that "MOST" of us parents act like we do is because we care about their future... most kids however have foresight of "that day" and don't care about the rest... they'll deal with it as it comes. I have 2 grown kids that can attest to "living it" rather than "learning it" is NOT the way to go... as smart as most kids think they are, they (you) really aren't! I know.... :blah: :blah: :blah: ... :thumb:

WTF... us parents already went through that crap! Now it's your turn! I too have a duaghter in highschool who struggles with her grades... mainly because she doesn't pay attention. Once she started doing that she went from D's and F's to straight A's in her last trimester. Whenever we tried to help she would get suuuuper angry because she didn't understand BECAUSE she failed to pay attention in class so she got very frustrated and took it out on us... :rant:... :D

Rez dude, my parents are geniuses :shocked: I have no clue how I was derived from them! Both medical doctors, my dad had chemical engineering classes in highschool and all this calculus stuff. I think the reason I was at a 75% was homework and showing my work (They wont tell me wtf they want! :rant: ) since I pulled A and B on all tests, and last year I was in a class like 2 years ahead or something :shocked: The reg class was Algerbra I and I was in adv. geometry :pout: So i gotta a little screwed. I knew the stuff, just no clue as to what they wanted to see for work, even when I had the right answer

He was warned and warned, and mom is a school teacher so he has even more tools at his disposal than most. IF he don't use the tools given to him then who's fault is it? Besides most of his problem is turning in his work. I know he did the work, he knows he did the work but the teacher never gets his work? What gives?? I don't know but he didn't try hard enough to find out either. He is 12 and if he doesn't give a shit enough to get it together,...then he is the one to suffer.
Ahhhhh I see :prof: ALWAYS turn in the work, even if its half done with the wrong answers, all about showing you tried. I had my grade transcripts all As and Bs when I was 12, so I don't think I can blame you Jax :noidea:

:picard: So guess who shows up at my work today right after I posted this with his official transcripts, A's one C- ... the teacher evidently changed his grade from the time she put it on the schools site to when she turned in his grades.... this was all for nothing, now he can ride again :banana:

Rez dude, my parents are geniuses :shocked: I have no clue how I was derived from them! Both medical doctors, my dad had chemical engineering classes in highschool and all this calculus stuff. I think the reason I was at a 75% was homework and showing my work (They wont tell me wtf they want! :rant: ) since I pulled A and B on all tests, and last year I was in a class like 2 years ahead or something :shocked: The reg class was Algerbra I and I was in adv. geometry :pout: So i gotta a little screwed. I knew the stuff, just no clue as to what they wanted to see for work, even when I had the right answer
You running with that excuse? Really? So you went up to the teacher and said "Hey I am getting the answer correct, but I'm being docked because my lack of showing my work?" And they said what? If you are not getting the answers you need to improve your work, then parents/Counselors need to get involved. I hate when the kids call out the teachers that they are idiots or my kids use to say "they are on crack". We went to see the teacher when that happened and most of the the time the student is not asking or not listening...:prof:

:picard: So guess who shows up at my work today right after I posted this with his official transcripts, A's one C- ... the teacher evidently changed his grade from the time she put it on the schools site to when she turned in his grades.... this was all for nothing, now he can ride again :banana:
:thumb: Can I ride with you guys?