Good CRF150F off road exhaust?

Wow, that's so weird, 5 min ago I was brushing my teeth and for some reason I was wondering "hmm what's the the best exhaust for a crf150f" and then I come on here and see you wondering the same thing. That's freaky. Anyway, I used to have the same bike and ran the stock exhaust. Worked pretty good IMO. I took the carb in to the dealership to get it rejeted and that gave it alittle bit more power. I was going to take th Baffle out but they said that would make the bike run too lean and fry the valves. But if you get an aftermarket exhaust I would check out lexx (from rocky mountain) motoworks, dg,or bbr. Once again. Still can't believe how freaky that was

Is that not why you had it rejeted? Thats the only reason to rejet, pull the snorkel out of the intake, UNI air, baffle out of the exhaust, rejet, move clip and bang, instant fun.

Um, the stock exhaust is pretty good if you pull the baffle out of the back. I do have a power core hanging in the garage if I ever feel like sticking it on though, I'll wait until the stock one is bent. But really, the stock is a good pipe once it is de-restrickted.

It looks like you have done the right stuff to it.

It does make a difference, but it is still too restrictive even with the baffel out. I pulled it apart earlier today, out of curiosity:thinking:, and saw that it had chambers in it and an internal baffle looking thing, cant even explain it, its not a straight exhaust which is wierd. Then I pulled apart my 450s stock and noticed the same thing. My 450s Lexx doesnt have the chambers, and Im guessing neither does the DG. Thats probably why they work so well. But I understand what you are getting at, it does work, but the way the internal stuff is set up the stock exhaust just isnt cutting it anymore.

This little guy will be with me forever, ive out grown it long ago, but with all the people who ride it, and the fact it will last forever and one day my kids will probably be riding it, I cant bring myself to get rid of it. :thumb:

Wow, that's so weird, 5 min ago I was brushing my teeth and for some reason I was wondering "hmm what's the the best exhaust for a crf150f" and then I come on here and see you wondering the same thing. That's freaky. Anyway, I used to have the same bike and ran the stock exhaust. Worked pretty good IMO. I took the carb in to the dealership to get it rejeted and that gave it alittle bit more power. I was going to take th Baffle out but they said that would make the bike run too lean and fry the valves. But if you get an aftermarket exhaust I would check out lexx (from rocky mountain) motoworks, dg,or bbr. Once again. Still can't believe how freaky that was

They dont make Lexx for the 150s, ive looked all over rocky mountains site. I would love to have a lexx on it since the one on my 450 is just incredible.

It does make a difference, but it is still too restrictive even with the baffel out. I pulled it apart earlier today, out of curiosity:thinking:, and saw that it had chambers in it and an internal baffle looking thing, cant even explain it, its not a straight exhaust which is wierd. Then I pulled apart my 450s stock and noticed the same thing. My 450s Lexx doesnt have the chambers, and Im guessing neither does the DG. Thats probably why they work so well. But I understand what you are getting at, it does work, but the way the internal stuff is set up the stock exhaust just isnt cutting it anymore.

This little guy will be with me forever, ive out grown it long ago, but with all the people who ride it, and the fact it will last forever and one day my kids will probably be riding it, I cant bring myself to get rid of it. :thumb:

That goofy thing needs additional holes drilled in it. I know.... :devil:

Is that not why you had it rejeted? Thats the only reason to rejet, pull the snorkel out of the intake, UNI air, baffle out of the exhaust, rejet, move clip and bang, instant fun.
That's what I thought but I listened to the the dealerships recommendation. And they kept the baffle in their Bikes so I didn't argue

That's what I thought but I listened to the the dealerships recommendation. And they kept the baffle in their Bikes so I didn't argue

Thats where you went wrong. Check out TT on the CRF150F forum, tons of good info from some great guys. (Sorry James) :shocked:

I have looked around comparing exhausts for my little 150. Something that is lighter and less restictive than the stock and won't cost a small fortune. Here are a few that I came up with that seems like they would work pretty well.

DG O-Series- seems like a nice exhaust, but is really loud. is there a quiet insert?
Parts Unlimited #1821-1268 $209.95

HMF Performance Series- looks light and will fit the look of the bike well I think.
HMF #02148370 $289.95

BBR D2 (or any other BBR)- Really expensive, but seems like it could do a good job and everyone seems to like them.
BBR #205-HCF-1532 $329.95

FMF Q4 Series- Looks good, but is kind of a ways up there in price. It meets the decibal ratings, and comes with a spark arrestor, and is light.
FMF #041332 $289.95

What do you think about these four exhausts, and what are some you would suggest?

Thanks... :thumb:
Call don at rocket exhaust, he will hook you up! If not, try BIG GUN! CHEAP, AND EFFECTIVE

:rolleyes: Cause one pipe is SOOOO much better than others
No, mainly because they are really nice people that love racing, they go the extra mile to ensure that you are satisfied with your system, you can have them build them to your specs, and they do a big part in supporting privateer riders with really good sponsorships....