Geeks "He Didn't Even Check The Truck" LPNF RR

Again, was great to finally put some faces to all the internet names. Unfortunately, I have already forgotten half of your guys names....:bonk:. I sure as hell look forward to riding with you all again though. Thanks WeatherGeek (Bruce?) for hanging back and making sure I got back and running again when I had a fouled plug :rant: :foul:. Didn't get any pictures on the saturday run with you all, so here is what I have from our Friday "short" run. Link to the rest of my pics

IMG_5369.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

your kids did not get too pissed at me for giving them crap all day....:smirk:

Only the weed demon was pissed about your comments after he expressed his party the night before and having head trauma. Not to worry, he said he doesn’t like my friends. Good, stay home next time! P841 Jr. Jr. should have given him the feminine cigar because he was being such a vag. His testosterone levels are a little high. I’ll post up pics when I get home, only have a few I was having so much fun. I wished I would have Jr. Jr.’s get off, rodeo fun it looked.

So, back to how I should have started this report....

If you notice, there will be no smilies in my post. The need to put so many, mixed with all the pics, put me over the limit, so I left them all out, with the exception of one.

So now, on to the events of the day.

The plan was set to do the Geek home turf of LPNF Saturday. With a ton of DBAers going, and a chance to ride a location I had never been before, I was in. Up, and on the road by 5:00 AM, to meet at Big Johns for breakfast at 7:00, put me at Pyramid Lake around 6:30.

I would have loved to hit some of that glass that morning.
Geeks house 7-11 001.jpg
Looks like someone needs to call Vanna White, and buy a vowel.
Geeks house 7-11 002.jpg
I stopped for some gas when I got off at Frazier Park, and this cool old Pete was there.
Geeks house 7-11 003.jpg
Red, white, & blue, you gotta love it! :USA:
Geeks house 7-11 004.jpg
After a quick breakfast, we went to Geeks house to wait for everyone, most all were already there.
Geeks house 7-11 005.jpg
Geeks little slice of heaven.
Geeks house 7-11 006.jpg
All were paying homage to the Berg.
Geeks house 7-11 007.jpg
Now that the last DBAer showed, we hit the road to the staging spot.
Geeks house 7-11 008.jpg
As CDA said, we had quite the caravan.
Geeks house 7-11 009.jpg
Pulling into the campground.
Geeks house 7-11 010.jpg

The rest of the shots I have is just random trailside shots.

Cleonard and Rack.
Geeks house 7-11 011.jpg
530KTM, CDA, and Rack Jr, along with the dust.
Geeks house 7-11 012.jpg
Notice that we are already seeking out the shade.
Geeks house 7-11 013.jpg
All except CDA who always parked in the sun, to see his scooter sparkle.
Geeks house 7-11 014.jpg
Rivethead, and one of the Jr Palmers, who is hiding behind the tree.
Geeks house 7-11 015.jpg
From that first trailside stop, I put away the camera, and rode. It was some gnarly, cliff side in spots, single track, that was pretty cool. I'm sorry that I can't say what trails we took, because I have no idea, but after a break at a shady tree with a bench, we back tracked on the same trail to the last junction, and continued on a different trail that had a fairly decent stream crossing, and a few upper gear sections, 3rd gear!

Once out of that section, we stopped at this little creek to gather everyone up.
Geeks house 7-11 016.jpg
A lot of fire damage at this end of the park.
Geeks house 7-11 017.jpg
This was a cool hangout spot, with the water flowing through.
Geeks house 7-11 018.jpg
Even the DBAers were cooling off.
Geeks house 7-11 019.jpg
This is also the spot Cleonard discovered his broken carb linkage. As he hit pavement, we crossed back over, and up to the top at the old look out tower.
It was quite the view.
Geeks house 7-11 020.jpg
The tower was in pretty sad shape though.

CDA getting the view shot.
Geeks house 7-11 021.jpg
Rack was right behind him.
Geeks house 7-11 022.jpg
What seemed to be a trend for the day, 530KTM was last to come up.
Geeks house 7-11 023.jpg
The pre tagged ED cabinet.
Geeks house 7-11 024.jpg

Those are all the shots I have. From there it was down the mountain to the campground, for a ride debriefing. Where little Palmer showed up and said his Dad, and Brother weren't back, so he takes off back upthe fire road we had just came down. We were all sitting there bikes loadedsaying "crap." Just when we were deciding who was going back up, Palmer comes around the corner from his truck in shorts on his bike. It seems they were already back and loaded, waiting for Junior. Palmers statement as he pulled out cussing his kid was classic,"He didn't even check the f@#*ng truck!" Well a few minutes laterwe heard 2 bikes come back down, and stop some distance from us, but even at that distance we could tell Jr got a earfull.
From the campground, a few of us went back to Geeks for some dinner, and refreshments. That's where I'll leave this, but I am looking foward to Carls version. I pulled out at about 10:00 dead tired, but my own shower, and bed felt excellent.

Thanks to all the DBAers for a great ride;
Geek
Irish Hill
Rack
Rack Jr (Yamadawg)
CDA
Palmer and the 2 Jrs
530KTM
Travice
Rivethead and Buddy
Cleonard
and that non DBAer on the DRZ that was a rocket Cameron

You all :rocker:

So, back to how I should have started this report....

If you notice, there will be no smilies in my post. The need to put so many, mixed with all the pics, put me over the limit, so I left them all out, with the exception of one.

So now, on to the events of the day.

The plan was set to do the Geek home turf of LPNF Saturday. With a ton of DBAers going, and a chance to ride a location I had never been before, I was in. Up, and on the road by 5:00 AM, to meet at Big Johns for breakfast at 7:00, put me at Pyramid Lake around 6:30.

I would have loved to hit some of that glass that morning.
View attachment 3854
Looks like someone needs to call Vanna White, and buy a vowel.
View attachment 3855
I stopped for some gas when I got off at Frazier Park, and this cool old Pete was there.
View attachment 3856
Red, white, & blue, you gotta love it! :USA:
View attachment 3857
After a quick breakfast, we went to Geeks house to wait for everyone, most all were already there.
View attachment 3858
Geeks little slice of heaven.
View attachment 3859
All were paying homage to the Berg.
View attachment 3860
Now that the last DBAer showed, we hit the road to the staging spot.
View attachment 3861
As CDA said, we had quite the caravan.
View attachment 3862
Pulling into the campground.
View attachment 3863

The rest of the shots I have is just random trailside shots.

Cleonard and Rack.
View attachment 3864
530KTM, CDA, and Rack Jr, along with the dust.
View attachment 3865
Notice that we are already seeking out the shade.
View attachment 3866
All except CDA who always parked in the sun, to see his scooter sparkle.
View attachment 3867
Rivethead, and one of the Jr Palmers, who is hiding behind the tree.
View attachment 3868
From that first trailside stop, I put away the camera, and rode. It was some gnarly, cliff side in spots, single track, that was pretty cool. I'm sorry that I can't say what trails we took, because I have no idea, but after a break at a shady tree with a bench, we back tracked on the same trail to the last junction, and continued on a different trail that had a fairly decent stream crossing, and a few upper gear sections, 3rd gear!

Once out of that section, we stopped at this little creek to gather everyone up.
View attachment 3869
A lot of fire damage at this end of the park.
View attachment 3870
This was a cool hangout spot, with the water flowing through.
View attachment 3871
Even the DBAers were cooling off.
View attachment 3872
This is also the spot Cleonard discovered his broken carb linkage. As he hit pavement, we crossed back over, and up to the top at the old look out tower.
It was quite the view.
View attachment 3873
The tower was in pretty sad shape though.

CDA getting the view shot.
View attachment 3874
Rack was right behind him.
View attachment 3875
What seemed to be a trend for the day, 530KTM was last to come up.
View attachment 3876
The pre tagged ED cabinet.
View attachment 3877

Those are all the shots I have. From there it was down the mountain to the campground, for a ride debriefing. Where little Palmer showed up and said his Dad, and Brother weren't back, so he takes off back upthe fire road we had just came down. We were all sitting there bikes loadedsaying "crap." Just when we were deciding who was going back up, Palmer comes around the corner from his truck in shorts on his bike. It seems they were already back and loaded, waiting for Junior. Palmers statement as he pulled out cussing his kid was classic,"He didn't even check the f@#*ng truck!" Well a few minutes laterwe heard 2 bikes come back down, and stop some distance from us, but even at that distance we could tell Jr got a earfull.
From the campground, a few of us went back to Geeks for some dinner, and refreshments. That's where I'll leave this, but I am looking foward to Carls version. I pulled out at about 10:00 dead tired, but my own shower, and bed felt excellent.

Thanks to all the DBAers for a great ride;
Geek
Irish Hill
Rack
Rack Jr (Yamadawg)
CDA
Palmer and the 2 Jrs
530KTM
Travice
Rivethead and Buddy
Cleonard
and that non DBAer on the DRZ that was a rocket Cameron

You all :rocker:

Great RR Timo..again, wish I was there to join in on it...looked fantastic. Used some upper gears (3rd...:lol:)...Too funny :ride:

I wish I could have gone.:cry:

Now you know why I like to ride up there. It is fairly close to home and is the closest thing to single track near where I live besides Rowher which isnt so great. Glad you all had fun!

We should plan a ride in fall when it cools down. I love fall riding in the crisp, clear air. It is a shame people trashed that tower. That could of been a cool place to spend the night on bikes.

Look forward to seeing more from your ride. Great report so far!:thumb:

:popcorn:

Great pics CDA... I got through watching all my vids.. :thumb: gonna take me a few days to get the edit together most likely

BTW Weathergeek did you see my post in Sun's thread about the trail PBK and i passed up on Sunday? Was i correct? did i hear someone say arrista(correct?) is one of the gnarly trails out there?
Arrastra is one of the gnarly ones yes. You would not have been happy especially being sore.:smirk: It is more of the same as we did with lose, shaley rocks, switchbacks, and cliff factor much worse than Saturday.

So let me see if i have this correct (haven't loaded in my tracks from the GPS yet). We did Frazier Mtn road ->118(west frazier mine road)->119(west frazier tie route) ->131(whata trail)->122(tejon trail)->124(goldhill trail). Back up 124->123(long dave valley trail)->2wo6(yellow jacket)->118->119->8n42 (to the lookout)->8n04 (Chuchapate).

I will attempt to give the route here. Started at Chuchupate campground. Headed down the main road to another staging area that intersects with route 118. Took that to route 119, (West Frazier Tie Rd.) and that took us up to the top of the mountain where the fire road is. From there, went across the fire road to route 131 (Whata trail). Took that down hill to route 122 (Tejon). Make a left there and went down to Gold Hill Rd. Then back up all the way across Tejon to 123 (Long Dave). That dead ends at the entrance to 126 (Yellow Jacket). Up rocky :devil: Yellow Jacket about 5 miles to route 127 (Lockwood). Turned around, went back to the creek and joined up with route 118 again to 119 again, up the mountain and back to Chuchupate. :thumb:

You know I didn't say enough good stuff about this trip earlier, but it was truly fantastic with a great bunch of peeps (thank God Rez didn't come though :smirk:). Just a shame I couldn't get more over the house to cook them a good dinner and have some good drinks. I am still sore but very stoked and can't wait to do it again.:banana::banana::banana::prof:

Arrastra is one of the gnarly ones yes. You would not have been happy especially being sore.:smirk: It is more of the same as we did with lose, shaley rocks, switchbacks, and cliff factor much worse than Saturday.
id like to do it on a fresh day. Wasnt about to throw PBK down it especially when the sign had a black diamond saying hardest trail

ohh and i really would have came over Bruce but i was sketched about leaving everything at camp... plus my dogs and all.

definitely worth the tank of gas for each vehicle and the 4 hour drive. I was honestly only expecting it to be 3 or 4 of us and everyone showed up :rocker:

PS...... i seen 530ktm on the freeway. I Was right behind him getting off on the 205 exit, I then followed him into the Flying J parking lot cause my wife was looking to get a wine bottle opener, Didnt know it was 530ktm till he showed up at camp

I will attempt to give the route here. Started at Chuchupate campground. Headed down the main road to another staging area that intersects with route 118. Took that to route 119, (West Frazier Tie Rd.) and that took us up to the top of the mountain where the fire road is. From there, went across the fire road to route 131 (Whata trail). Took that down hill to route 122 (Tejon). Make a left there and went down to Gold Hill Rd. Then back up all the way across Tejon to 123 (Long Dave). That dead ends at the entrance to 126 (Yellow Jacket). Up rocky :devil: Yellow Jacket about 5 miles to route 127 (Lockwood). Turned around, went back to the creek and joined up with route 118 again to 119 again, up the mountain and back to Chuchupate. :thumb:

You know I didn't say enough good stuff about this trip earlier, but it was truly fantastic with a great bunch of peeps (thank God Rez didn't come though :smirk:). Just a shame I couldn't get more over the house to cook them a good dinner and have some good drinks. I am still sore but very stoked and can't wait to do it again.:banana::banana::banana::prof:

:finger: where's the love......:smirk:

James

Staff member
PS...... i seen 530ktm on the freeway. I Was right behind him getting off on the 205 exit, I then followed him into the Flying J parking lot cause my wife was looking to get a wine bottle opener, Didnt know it was 530ktm till he showed up at camp
:devil: You stalker you. :P