Front Tire

Just did 40+ miles on the scorpions front and rear and I can say I like the front better than the back. I think I should have gone 130/100 for a better feel on my big bore.

Just did 40+ miles on the scorpions front and rear and I can say I like the front better than the back. I think I should have gone 130/100 for a better feel on my big bore.
I have never tried that on the back. Been thinking about is since the last time I went to get the Parker back the guy at JC Motors where I usually get it said it would be $95. The last time I got it there it was $79 and he said that was even better than his cost now. That is whi I currently have the Desert IT on the back. When I saw how much Chaparral was selling them for that is why I just ordered them. Came home today and they were sitting there waiting for me:clap:

This thread is old, but still appropriate and relevant I think since I am gonna be purchasing a couple 2 maybe 3 new front tires here soon, and would like y'alls opinion.

It has already been recommended to me to get an MX51, and that looks like it'll be a good one for the trail bike, but I am thinking I would also like to get a super grippy front tire for the track only bike.

My track skills are improving but I still have a hard time when it's 6am and the track is still 6 inches of thick mud.
Not slipping out the front tire and crashing is my biggest concern.

The air pressure change I made last weekend seemed to help in the ruts (which was where I was wanting some grip) and I'll be out again this weekend playing with it, but I was thinking that since I need another tire, I might as well get a track tire that will help to not compound my lack of skill and errors, and is better suited to that AZ muddy track.
Wear is not a concern with this tire.
I've been looking at the MX32...

This thread is old, but still appropriate and relevant I think since I am gonna be purchasing a couple 2 maybe 3 new front tires here soon, and would like y'alls opinion.

It has already been recommended to me to get an MX51, and that looks like it'll be a good one for the trail bike, but I am thinking I would also like to get a super grippy front tire for the track only bike.

My track skills are improving but I still have a hard time when it's 6am and the track is still 6 inches of thick mud.
Not slipping out the front tire and crashing is my biggest concern.

The air pressure change I made last weekend seemed to help in the ruts (which was where I was wanting some grip) and I'll be out again this weekend playing with it, but I was thinking that since I need another tire, I might as well get a track tire that will help to not compound my lack of skill and errors, and is better suited to that AZ muddy track.
Wear is not a concern with this tire.
I've been looking at the MX32...

The MX51 is a much better tire for what you do. You might want to try and find a Kenya Carlsbad but you might not like it. That was an awesome tire for my KX250 but was a squirrel on my RM250.

I ended up going with the Pirelli Scorpion MX32 soft to mid. It was 50-60 bucks less, and had good reviews.
When I get this bike running I'll let you know how I like it.

Rubber deteriorates as the tire ages whether its on the ground or not.
IDK why it blew, its only got like a 1,000 miles on it!-every motorhome and travel trailer customer I've ever had.