Front Tire

I run 15 psi in my front and rear, have been for 100 years. The desert is hard out here in Cali and if you run it lower, you will replacing tubes and rims, not tires. 10 - 12 psi may be OK in the tress around your house, but I would not run that in the dez, but hey what do I know..:noidea:

I can check out your front suspension setup when I come up in July as well. Maybe you should look at freshening up the oil in the forks as well. Has it ever been done since you have owned the bike?

I run 15 psi in my front and rear, have been for 100 years. The desert is hard out here in Cali and if you run it lower, you will replacing tubes and rims, not tires. 10 - 12 psi may be OK in the tress around your house, but I would not run that in the dez, but hey what do I know..:noidea:

I can check out your front suspension setup when I come up in July as well. Maybe you should look at freshening up the oil in the forks as well. Has it ever been done since you have owned the bike?
No it has not been done since I purchased it. Wouldn't even know where to start.

No it has not been done since I purchased it. Wouldn't even know where to start.

You can send them out to be serviced or do them yourself. I take mine to TRE by my house and he takes care of it for me.

But hey, if you are still looking at dumping the MX51, how many rides do you have on it? I may take it off your hands if you want.

If I'm doing a normal Dez ride, I do 14 in the front, and 12 in the rear, but if it's a destination ride, with a lot of high speed stuff, then it's 15 front, and rear.:thumb:

I am far from saying you don't know what you're talking about here
however, I ride desert as well, and the only time I pump them up to 15 is when the ride is going to be rocky or hard packed. I've never had a pinch flat but this isn't Cali either.

That said, I have friends that run pro that run them at 20 psi :shocked:

however, I ride desert as well, and the only time I pump them up to 15 is when the ride is going to be rocky or hard packed. I've never had a pinch flat but this isn't Cali either.

Hard packed / rocky, is So Cal Dez.

If I'm doing a normal Dez ride, I do 14 in the front, and 12 in the rear, but if it's a destination ride, with a lot of high speed stuff, then it's 15 front, and rear.:thumb:
I pretty much run 15 all around all the time.

20 psi is going to give you less front end response.

Hard packed / rocky, is So Cal Dez.
:thumb: