Fcr Engine And Suspension. Oh

hey ray thanks for coming over..hope you liked your fresh rebuild!!
As a matter or fact I loved it :thumb:
why was he charged so much?
$70 to loosen a couple bolts. Add that in and it about does it, I guess. :lol:
The work was done very quickly in order to attend the DBA meet and greet ride weekend. In addition to the many trashed parts that were pulled out of my bike, I chose to have them remove the suspension, as I was in a rush with work, school, ect.. This was a matter of option, that I chose to take. Also, FCR has chose to use only the best high performance parts to their disposal. You would have to have rode my bike before and after to see the difference in quality. I'm sure that Bob knows that this is dead on, if you have any other complaints please do share :thumb:

Just think of the sikk graffix you could have bought with that squish Ray :noidea:...... Just kidding, suspension is pretty important - almost as important as cool decals on your trailer and almost as important as iron-on decals on your jersey. :thumb:

why was he charged so much?
so much? he brought the bike in for fork and shock rebuild that needed ALL of the wear parts replaced front and rear and we noticed his wheel bearings were not in existance any more so we called him to let him know and he asked us to replace them..mind you, we do not use those cheap suspension parts that are flooding the market and that being said we are still way under our closest competitors..and when i say that i do not mean the guys that are in their shed out back after work and having a few beers with his buddy installing the latest and cheapest wear parts!! ray asked for a quote, we gave it to him,then we gave it to him again once we had it all apart..hope this clears this all up..

:thinking:
so am i Missing something here? You only had the bushings and seals and your front wheel bearings replaced and it cost $538?

FCR Fork Overhaul

front_shock_proof_02-199x300.jpg
$ 50.00 plus parts—oil 25.00 (pr). Your forks are completely disassembled and all components are meticulously cleaned via solvent tank. All worn components are then replaced with updated items for reliable, long lasting performance. All damping circuits are cleaned and any fatigued valving shims are replaced with high performance items, especially in the mid-speed circuit. The fork tubes are then micro-polished for smooth operation and long seal life. The fork is then reassembled with high performance fork fluid and the clickers are ‘’tuned’’ for maximum performance.
Did you get the high performance Bushings and Seals? :noidea:
yes you are missing it by a mile! a fork rebuild with oil,seals,wipers and upper and lower bushings will be 190.00 for this model bike..if its a ktm its a little more..everything for a ktm is a little more..hope this clears it up.

so much? he brought the bike in for fork and shock rebuild that needed ALL of the wear parts replaced front and rear and we noticed his wheel bearings were not in existance any more so we called him to let him know and he asked us to replace them..mind you, we do not use those cheap suspension parts that are flooding the market and that being said we are still way under our closest competitors..and when i say that i do not mean the guys that are in their shed out back after work and having a few beers with his buddy installing the latest and cheapest wear parts!! ray asked for a quote, we gave it to him,then we gave it to him again once we had it all apart..hope this clears this all up..

:thinking:
so am i Missing something here? You only had the bushings and seals and your front wheel bearings replaced and it cost $538?

FCR Fork Overhaul

$ 50.00 plus parts—oil 25.00 (pr). Your forks are completely disassembled and all components are meticulously cleaned via solvent tank. All worn components are then replaced with updated items for reliable, long lasting performance. All damping circuits are cleaned and any fatigued valving shims are replaced with high performance items, especially in the mid-speed circuit. The fork tubes are then micro-polished for smooth operation and long seal life. The fork is then reassembled with high performance fork fluid and the clickers are ‘’tuned’’ for maximum performance.
Did you get the high performance Bushings and Seals? :noidea:

I meant to clear this up a couple of weeks ago, but work had me chasing my tail....

I had the chance to Talk with JYD's Dad at the Crow Canyon ride. We talked a little about suspension and his new set up. As it turns out everything was hammered. Wheel bearings, linkage bearings inner suspension parts and soup to nuts on all of it.... hell A linkage kit alone is $80 and then another 30 for the upper shock bearing etc etc... Maintenance JYD...do it.

I meant to clear this up a couple of weeks ago, but work had me chasing my tail....

I had the chance to Talk with JYD's Dad at the Crow Canyon ride. We talked a little about suspension and his new set up. As it turns out everything was hammered. Wheel bearings, linkage bearings inner suspension parts and soup to nuts on all of it.... hell A linkage kit alone is $80 and then another 30 for the upper shock bearing etc etc... Maintenance JYD...do it.
It was blown out and I needed points :prof: Its all clean now :thumb: