Fcr Engine And Suspension. Oh

From RaceTech:

FRONT FORK SPRINGS
Recommended Fork Spring Rate: 0.424 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Fork Spring Rate: 0.45 kg/mm(stock)

REAR SHOCK SPRINGS
Recommended Shock Spring Rate: 4.95 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Shock Spring Rate: 5.3 kg/mm (stock)

So it looks like a .43 in the forks and a 5 in the shock.
:thinking: not sure I would make that change as YD will be gaining some weight/riding harder.

Having some brain/hand coordination issues. :smirk:
Must be from handling that "big lens":smirk:

James

Staff member
:thinking: not sure I would make that change as YD will be gaining some weight/riding harder.
I get what you're saying and even agree with that to a certain extent, however stock this bike is setup for a 170+ lbs guy. :noidea:
Must be from handling that "big lens":smirk:
If "big lens" is a metaphor for something else, then yes it is. :smirk:

I am at 130 and my growth platelets are nearly closed up, hitting at 5'8". I will have lighter springs in my bike when I get it back, in addition to wheel bearings now too. The suspension was clapped out from when I had it last race. Anything is a huge improvement. As for the deal, there was confusion among who would help me when I came in. The FCR pres. called me at lunch and said he felt seriously sorry for the mistakes as he wanted to help me personally as well as get it done same day. So there will be a LARGE price drop in order :thumb: I'd also like to add, my springs will be a touch stiffer, as my class is B.

I am at 130 and my growth platelets are nearly closed up, hitting at 5'8". I will have lighter springs in my bike when I get it back, in addition to wheel bearings now too. The suspension was clapped out from when I had it last race. Anything is a huge improvement. As for the deal, there was confusion among who would help me when I came in. The FCR pres. called me at lunch and said he felt seriously sorry for the mistakes as he wanted to help me personally as well as get it done same day. So there will be a LARGE price drop in order :thumb: I'd also like to add, my springs will be a touch stiffer, as my class is B.
Im still growing at 20, don't think you are done at 15.

If they arent doing a revalve the clickers arent going to make a huge difference. Stock suspension + or - 10 clicks and I cant feel a difference. With my Factory Connection prepped suspension 1 or 2 clicks feels like a different motorcycle. Suspension work is a science (IF you want the best results). You are a little light for stock suspension but if your speed is up there it could be just right. How many questions did they ask when you dropped the stuff off? That is a tell tale sign if the company is competent or not. One or two questions is no where near enough to get suspension dialed in.

Also on a side note when you get it back bust out your torque wrench and check the clamp bolts and shock mounts. They may be good guys but your bike is not their bike and that makes a huge difference.

Im still growing at 20, don't think you are done at 15.
My family is short, I had it checked.
If they arent doing a revalve the clickers arent going to make a huge difference. Stock suspension + or - 10 clicks and I cant feel a difference. With my Factory Connection prepped suspension 1 or 2 clicks feels like a different motorcycle. Suspension work is a science (IF you want the best results). You are a little light for stock suspension but if your speed is up there it could be just right. How many questions did they ask when you dropped the stuff off? That is a tell tale sign if the company is competent or not. One or two questions is no where near enough to get suspension dialed in.

Also on a side note when you get it back bust out your torque wrench and check the clamp bolts and shock mounts. They may be good guys but your bike is not their bike and that makes a huge difference.
They actually had me fill out a full form or questions.

UPDATE!

So I went up to FCR to pick my bike up today, not knowing fully what to expect. I walked into the shop were the mechanic greeted me and took me over to go through the wear parts. Needless to say, they were :f:ing trashed. He called my at school to inform me my wheel bearings in front were trashed, so I had him get that done too today. After he went over the parts, he finished my shock and spent a good twenty minutes getting me race sag perfect. The end price was a little steep hitting $538, but when I dropped the bike out for a test run, I thought I had the wrong bike. It was amazingly crisp just hitting some berms and light jumps. The service was excellent. I will tell you all more come Monday, but I can say, I am super happy with all.
005.jpg